Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the 0-2 loss against france we'll face germany. A team that is not of the standard of the reigning European champion, but still the absolute top. Certainly when you realise we will face a German team supported by a full house in a newly opened stadion, it becomes that this game won't be a picnic. Above that Sonck and De Vlieger are out. Aimé, who doesn't stop to surprise me eversince he's national coach has opted for young replacer instead of old never-gonna-bees :eek: :happy:

Filip Daems sees his good performances in turkey rewarded with a call up, but the surprise is Dufer who finally gets his first selection for the Rode Duivels. I really hope he'll get a transfer to a decentteam this summer. Anyway this is the selection:

Keepers: Frédéric Herpoel (Gent), Erwin Lemmens (Espanyol)

Defenders: Philippe Clement en Olivier De Cock (Club Brugge), Eric Deflandre (Lyon), Vincent Kompany en Olivier Deschacht (Anderlecht), Jelle Van Damme (Ajax)

Midfielders: Walter Baseggio (Anderlecht), Jonathan Blondel (Club Brugge), Roberto Bisconti (Standard), Filip Daems (Gençlerbirligi), Grégory Dufer (Charleroi), Mbo Mpenza (Moeskroen), Timmy Simons (Club Brugge)

Forwards: Thomas Buffel (Feyenoord), Emile Mpenza (Standard), Luigi Pieroni (Moeskroen)

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
The starting line-up has just been released, Belgium play 'Ze Germans' with the following names:

--------------Herpoel--------------

-Deflandre--Kompany :star: --Simons--V.Damme

-Mbo--------Clement---Baseggio--Blondel :star:

------------------Buffel----Pieroni--------

O yeah and a little funny news fact from the German camp.
Apparantly the German press describes us as a boring and colourless team. :rollani:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
match preview from soccerage...

http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/u1631.html

==============

International Friendly Prediction: Germany-Belgium
Germany - Belgium | Latest News | News Archive

03/30/2004. Belgium are far from being at full strength, and Germany have a better, more balanced side on paper now than they have had for a while. The serious business is about to kick off and German ambition should prove too much for their depleted hosts. 2-0 to Germany or more Völler histrionics.
Brian O'Driscoll

soccerage

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kampfschwein said:

Apparantly the German press describes us as a boring and colourless team. :rollani:
Called boring by the Germans, now there's an insult :wth: :eek:.

I would have played with Daems instead of Baseggio.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
gOD said:
Called boring by the Germans, now there's an insult :wth: :eek:.

I would have played with Daems instead of Baseggio.
hehe my point. :tongue:
Anyway, I dont really have an good eye on it.
I think AA made a good line-up with the players we've got at the moment, but we're missing 6 (!!!) key-players. Can't be too good. I think Especially Timmy Simons will be missed badly.

I'm guessing AA will now put Clement in defence next to Kompany and will line-up Bisconti as Defensive mid. Also expecting to see Deams replacing blondel in the 2th half and Dufer replacing Mbo.

Hoping on an 1-1 draw here. :)

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1-0 at half time. As against France, a decent first half but a loss of concentration in the last seconds. Btw if you get 2 warnings on corner situations and you refuse to take precautions, the third time it's goal :rolleyes. Bith comments show that tactically this group isn't the brightest.

Utter crap were:
Van Damme and Baseggio

Kompany's game is near to perfection soo far. His level of defending is getting frightening. This is worldclass :star:

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
0-3 second half we were exposed as the bunch of amateurs we are. Second goal that doesn't happen at the "café-team" around my cornener. Of course when Baseggio and Dheedene feel that they habve a lot to discuss and feel they don't have to guard the freekick you get this. For the rest the same comment as after the game against france: we are a bunch of sissies afraid to play hard enough for this level. If you want to play such games you sometimes have to kick an opponent out of the stadion, if you want to play it fair you really really have to stay home. Third goal was a perfect example of that Clement is blcoked and instead of fighting his way back to Ballack he stops.

Anthuenis hammered on this element but apparentely we refuse to learn. This second half was the worst I saw in years of our national team. If this is how we will play against Spain (bare in mind this German team was very average) I predict the worst.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
gOD said:
1-0 at half time. As against France, a decent first half but a loss of concentration in the last seconds. Btw if you get 2 warnings on corner situations and you refuse to take precautions, the third time it's goal :rolleyes. Bith comments show that tactically this group isn't the brightest.

Utter crap were:
Van Damme and Baseggio

Kompany's game is near to perfection soo far. His level of defending is getting frightening. This is worldclass :star:
It's that I've seen his class myself otherwise it would have become very cautious on Vincent too, since your other Anderlecht babies (Baseggio, Karaca and Stoica) all (will) end in the obscurity. Not forfilling their claimed potential.

BTW: where is your sig from? It sounds a bit familiar to me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts