Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Well, hard to mention 10 players but i'll give you some names in no particular order. I did chose them because they are not older than 21 but are already playing on a regular basis in the Bundesliga :

Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting, 18 years old, striker, Hamburg
Jerome Boateng, 19, defender, Hamburg

Sami Khedira, 20, attacking/central midfielder, Stuttgart
Sven Ulreich, 19, goalkeeper, Stuttgart

Patrick Ebert, 20, attacking midfielder, Hertha

Mesut Özil, 19, attacking midfielder, Werder
Aron Hunt, 21, attacker, Werder

Ashkan Dejagah, 21, striker/winger, Wolfsburg

Jan Rosenthal, 21, attacking midfielder, Hannover

I'll leave it to someone else to glorify Toni Kroos ;) ...

·
Outstanding Post of the Year 2007
2,487 Posts
they don't sound very german to me

·
2,968 Posts
erm, Gonzalo Castro? I heard alot about him a while back but don`t know much about him

:D
Castro can become a very good player indeed. Plays mostly as right back for Bayer Leverkusen. With just 20 years he already has 86 Bundesliga matches and 5 german NT appearances so far.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Toni Kroos is the brightest and most talented Young German player. It will take him some time but he will prevail as the best German Player in few years from now. :)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Toni Kroos is the brightest and most talented Young German player. It will take him some time but he will prevail as the best German Player in few years from now. :)
The question being, will Kroos be in Bayern's starting XI next term. I think he should be if for no other reason than to give him game in and game out experience.

·
2,968 Posts
I read such statements so many times in the past about various players.

Why doesn't Kroos play more than he actually does ? Bojan is playing nearly every match for Barca, in a team which is even stronger than Bayern.

·
2,968 Posts
Barca is stronger than Bayern? Right now? I am not so sure... Barca may be, but it is not by leaps and bounds as many would suspect.
Perhaps not as a team at the moment, but when looking at the individual players, esp. in the attacking department/offense, Barca still has the edge over Bayern.

BTW, Kroos played yesterday and he sucked...
Of course he is a great talent but i hate to glorify those young players who have shown absolutely nothing on senior level so far.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Marko Marin is nothing. He is not closer to the nationalteam than I am at this moment.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
BTW, Kroos played yesterday and he sucked...
Of course he is a great talent but i hate to glorify those young players who have shown absolutely nothing on senior level so far.
Mind you he is all of what, 17? 18? Give it time. I know, I know... he is nothing compared to what Hamburg has right now...

:rollani:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Yes, it will take time for sure. And he will have to prove a lot of times before he will probably become a great player. Yet, we've seen so many big talents and almost as many that failed.
But as he's played only a couple of pro matches, the (way too big) fuss about him is unjustified.

Let me bring in some 'minor' names:
Lars Bender (18, midfield)
Sven Bender (18, midfield)
Timo Gebhart (19 by now, midfield), all 1860 Munich with several experience in 2nd Bundesliga and some envious glances from Säbener Strasse. :pp

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Everytime when I read that thread I could bang my head to the wall that my team has so few young talents. The last was Pagenburg who has ended up in the 1860 reserves team, and before that Wolf, Reinhardt and Kießling.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts