Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I simply don't understand how a player like Ballack could be leaving a top European side for a rival side. Surely this guy has no Leverkusen heart or am I mistaken. Is there no rivalry between these two clubs and are all other German clubs then just "nusery clubs" to Bayern?

and is Jardel going to Hertha?
Frings to Leverkusen?

Just add your own rumour and discuss!!!

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Bayern can offer him more titles, they always play for the CL and the Bundesliga, something Bayer just did this year.

Frings will join Dortmund and I don't think Jardel will go to Hertha...

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Maybe it´s just me, but such a thing like a "Leverkusen-heart", as you call it, simply doesn´t exist.
I can´t think of any reason to support that team apart from liking successful clubs or having a soft spot for Aspirin. ;)
So why should a player care about L'kusen´s colors.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
MxPx said:
Maybe it´s just me, but such a thing like a "Leverkusen-heart", as you call it, simply doesn´t exist.
I can´t think of any reason to support that team apart from liking successful clubs or having a soft spot for Aspirin. ;)
So why should a player care about L'kusen´s colors.

This must be the first time I have to agree with an austrian :D

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
yeah...........Hitzfield is willing to pay 10 million pounds for Edmilson.......kool Kuffour Edmilson @ center back :cool:

·
Registered
59,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
which edmilson do you mean? the one at lisbon or is this some exotic Brazilian who plays for Sao Paulo?

and I heard that Amoroso could be going back to Italy? any truth in this rumour?

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Wally said:
which edmilson do you mean? the one at lisbon or is this some exotic Brazilian who plays for Sao Paulo?

and I heard that Amoroso could be going back to Italy? any truth in this rumour?
It´s Jose Edmilson from Olympique Lyon!

Jose Edmilson - Lyon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Position: Defender
Birthplace: Brazil
Signed from: Sao Paulo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edmilson had been capped once by Brazil when he signed for Lyon just prior to the Champions' League deadline in August 2000.

Lyon coach Bernard Lacombe opted for the £7 million Edmilson after looking at various Brazilian centre backs – Joao Carlos from Corinthians, Claudio Cacapa from Atletico Mineiro and Emerson from Portuguesa. He arrived from Sao Paolo after previously playing for Jau.

Edmilson had looked set to join English Premieship side Arsenal, but the move collapsed at the last moment when the UK Home Office ruled that he had not played in a high enough percentage of internationals to be granted a work permit.

Edmilson, who like many Brazilian players, is a man with a strong faith, was an unmitigated success in his first year in France. He helped the team win the League Cup in 2001 - their first trophy in 28 years. They also finished second in the league and narrowly missed out on the Champions' League quarter-finals after hammering eventual winners Bayern Munich 3-0 at the Stade Gerland.

He also ironically scored a last-minute equaliser in the Champions' Leagu against Arsenal at Highbury in March 2001.

He was targeted by a number of clubs - including Barcelona - but insisted he would stay at Lyon for as long as God wanted him to.

He Says: "Off the pitch, I am Jesus. It fills my life. I pray, I watch religious videos and listen to religious music in my car. God blessed me. He is blessing the club (Lyon), too. I have a mission here. When everyone asks me if I am going to leave or stay, I reply that God will decide. I will stay as long as God wants me to."
- on his religious faith, July 2001.

"The first time I was picked for Brazil, I cried with joy. I was very proud. That also happened to me in 2000 when I lifted the Sao Paulo Champions' Cup. I was captain of the team, too. It was one of the most emotional moments of my career. The Cup was so heavy it took three of us to lift it."
- on his emotional side, July 2001.

"It was the first goal I scored with my head for the club. In the changing room, I said to myself that God had blessed me. I jumped higher than Vieira. I thank the Lord for that goal."
- after scoring a last minute equaliser at Arsenal in the Champions' League, March 2001.

And I don´t think Amoroso will go back, simply because Dortmund will not let him go!

M

·
0 Posts
Bayern can offer him more titles
i know what club i'd rather be playing for in the CL and Bundesliga this year...leverkusen, so Bayern Munichs dominance doesnt look like its always going to be the case
..it bugs me when two teams go at it for the league and at the end of it an interval player swaps sides...being a barca fan wwith the Figo issue and all

·
Registered
426 Posts
I can understand this disussion. Leverkusen is a small, small team, but if their players disappear the board has new solutions This club is very,very smart. However they need a replacemant for Ballack which I have have heard that they have got too. Ballack is not a normal player. I would say ,very unnmormal. People say Bayer 04 has got no fans except for gloryhunters who see them close to winning bundesliga and CL. Let us ask the Koln fc people, are you near? I am with them now matter what. I do like today's players. However, I am not as stupid as to believe that we will keep them forever. I have been to Bay arena, what can I say ? Small team, but still with a lot of soul and good policy, though. The policy is mostly buying young unknown players. They are being bought cheap and sold expensive. Can we copy that (we are Lazio)? One thing is that it is cheaper, but mostly it is good players too. Winning the league ( no matter if they lose the CL and the BL it is a great achievement for them) is one thing, but there is sucess, sucess, sucess. That goes for no matter how it ends. At least I hope Bundesliga is won for Bayer 04.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Brbtv said:
Let us ask the Koln fc people, are you near?
Sorry for my [email protected] english :)...what did you mean with this question?

Btw, surely also Leverkusen has their "true" fans, I don't want to deny that. And with Callmund & Co. they maybe also have the best management in the whole league. But across the fans of other german teams, they will never reach the reputation of teams like Köln, Mönchengladbach, etc.

M

·
0 Posts
TORSTEN FRINGS

After turning down approaches from Hertha Berlin and Arsenal, Frings declared during the winter break that Dortmund were his favoured destination, a predictable assertion given that the Ruhr club were said to be offering him £1.7million a year.

Even so, it is by no means certain that he is bound for Dortmund. Bayer Leverkusen are also in the hunt, seeing Frings as a replacement for Bayern Munich-bound Michael Ballack, while Bremen are insisting he sees out his contract, which runs until summer 2003.

But will Werder really be prepared to pass on an expected £5m fee?

I hope the deal goes through with Borussia Dortmund :)
has anyone else heard news on where the defensive midfielder is heading..?

·
Registered
426 Posts
jez said:

Sorry for my [email protected] english :)...what did you mean with this question?

Btw, surely also Leverkusen has their "true" fans, I don't want to deny that. And with Callmund & Co. they maybe also have the best management in the whole league. But across the fans of other german teams, they will never reach the reputation of teams like Köln, Mönchengladbach, etc.
Barely can remember having written that. I guess I meant you that are fans of 1. FC Koln. And I was asking if there are anybody close to reading this. Apparently you read it. Isn't Schalke 04 the team with the best fans, and Callmund (I guess it is Dortmund). I have no idea about how good the Koln fans are. But as they are close to being relegated (or are you already relegated) it sounds weird. No offence, though. For the die hard fans it must be impossible coping with eachother, but i am not that great fan of Bayer so I can tolerate a Koln fan.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Brbtv said:

Barely can remember having written that. I guess I meant you that are fans of 1. FC Koln. And I was asking if there are anybody close to reading this. Apparently you read it. Isn't Schalke 04 the team with the best fans, and Callmund (I guess it is Dortmund). I have no idea about how good the Koln fans are. But as they are close to being relegated (or are you already relegated) it sounds weird. No offence, though. For the die hard fans it must be impossible coping with eachother, but i am not that great fan of Bayer so I can tolerate a Koln fan.
Well, I think I'm also not such a die hard fan, who even denies to speak to a fan of the "biggest enemy" of his own team. Hard to say which fans are the best - I think you can only say which teams have the most. Last season I saw a statistic of how many supporters go to away matches of their club - I think Schalke - Bayern - Köln - Dortmund - Kaiserslautern - Hamburg was the ranking (I hope I didn't forget a team..). This season Dortmund might have some more then cologne, and maybe Mönchengladbach has entered the Top 5. Leverkusen is near the bottom of that league, fighting againt Wolfsburg.
And yes, Köln is relegated already...if Lev would have won at Nürnberg, there still would be a chance :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Information please!! on a player

His name is Delron Buckley . He plays for the second division team- Bochum in Germany....he plays as a winger. Is he good? What are his attributes , is he too inconsistent? That's what i've heard..thank you:)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Bierofka Leaves 1860 Munich For Bayer Leverkusen
News Archive

Bierofka will play for Bayer next season (Allsport)
05/06/2002. Bayer Leverkusen have completed the signing of 1860 Munich's midfielder Daniel Bierofka.

The 23-year-old will cost the Champions League finalists around 4 million euros.

Leverkusen, who finished the season in second place on Saturday, have already lost Michael Ballack to Bayern Munich and can expect to lose a number of their other stars in the summer.

soccerage

1 - 16 of 16 Posts