Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keeper: René Adler (Bayer Leverkusen), Robert Enke (Hannover 96), Tim Wiese (Werder Bremen)

Defence: Andreas Beck (1899 Hoffenheim), Arne Friedrich (Hertha BSC), Andreas Hinkel (Celtic Glasgow), Philipp Lahm (FC Bayern München), Per Mertesacker (Werder Bremen), Marcel Schäfer (Vfl Wolfsburg), Serdar Tasci (VfB Stuttgart), Heiko Westermann (FC Schalke 04)

Midfield: Michael Ballack (FC Chelsea), Torsten Frings (Werder Bremen), Thomas Hitzlsperger (VfB Stuttgart), Marcell Jansen (Hamburger SV), Marko Marin (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Simon Rolfes (Bayer Leverkusen), Bastian Schweinsteiger (FC Bayern München), Piotr Trochowski (Hamburger SV)

Attack: Mario Gomez (VfB Stuttgart), Patrick Helmes (Bayer Leverkusen), Stefan Kießling (Bayer Leverkusen), Lukas Podolski (FC Bayern München)

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
I expect 6 points from Germany in this games and take a giant step towards the next WC. Anything less than 6 pts would be dissapointing.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Keeper: René Adler (Bayer Leverkusen), Robert Enke (Hannover 96), Tim Wiese (Werder Bremen)

Defence: Andreas Beck (1899 Hoffenheim), Arne Friedrich (Hertha BSC), Andreas Hinkel (Celtic Glasgow), Philipp Lahm (FC Bayern München), Per Mertesacker (Werder Bremen), Marcel Schäfer (Vfl Wolfsburg), Serdar Tasci (VfB Stuttgart), Heiko Westermann (FC Schalke 04)

Midfield: Michael Ballack (FC Chelsea), Torsten Frings (Werder Bremen), Thomas Hitzlsperger (VfB Stuttgart), Marcell Jansen (Hamburger SV), Marko Marin (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Simon Rolfes (Bayer Leverkusen), Bastian Schweinsteiger (FC Bayern München), Piotr Trochowski (Hamburger SV)

Attack: Mario Gomez (VfB Stuttgart), Patrick Helmes (Bayer Leverkusen), Stefan Kießling (Bayer Leverkusen), Lukas Podolski (FC Bayern München)

My favourite line-up would be:

Adler - Hinkel, Mertesaker, Westermann, Lahm - Ballack, Frings - Schweinsteiger, Trochowski (Marin) - Gomez, Kießling

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think Enke will play for sure. And no way Podolski isn't playing for Germany, that is where he really excels... ;)

Of course we will get the 6 points.

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Can someone explain why Löw has not called Samy Khedira yet ? Not that i'm desperate to see him in our NT, but Löw called those 2 jokes Weis and Compper from Hoffenheim after just a couple of half decent Bundesliga matches, he again called Beck, he's constantly calling Marin and he called other players very early, too.

Khedira is having a very good season and i think that he's our future in the central midfield, probably even a new Ballack.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Khedira is injured as far as I know. He has been called up before too I think. :D

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You think so? Actually EVERYBODY I know thinks the result is total crap. 4-0 against Liechtenstein is hilarious...

Even without disrespecting them you need to score 7-8 minimum against them each game.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
You think so? Actually EVERYBODY I know thinks the result is total crap. 4-0 against Liechtenstein is hilarious...

Even without disrespecting them you need to score 7-8 minimum against them each game.
The team played really good. It was Gomez fault that the game didn't ended in more than 4 goals for Germany.

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Gomez is garbage.

I wonder when Low will tire of his apparently excellent handjob skills and drop this worthless tool.
Gomez is worthless in the NT but he is still the best german striker at the moment.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gomez will eventually also start scoring in the nationalteam. Nobody really knows why he can't keep up the performances from the league in the nationalteam. However it certainly isn't missing class.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Its the same with Podolski, but the other way around. I hope Gomez starts scoring goals, if not his future at the national football team is doubtfull since we already have Podolski and Klose.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
His future for the nationalteam is not at all doubtful. Klose won't be there for that much longer and there is no better player to call up that has been left out too.

·
JESTER OF SORTS
21,015 Posts
Its the same with Podolski, but the other way around. I hope Gomez starts scoring goals, if not his future at the national football team is doubtfull since we already have Podolski and Klose.
I don't even know how his future in the NT can still only be "doubtful" after his Euro 08 pitiful performances. He should have been dropped and never from again just for those, but still he gets more and more chances.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Brilliant goal by Gomez today. :D :angel: :D
Perfectly timed against the defenders leg with no chance for him to avoid it. ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts