Xtratime Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Keeper: Rene Adler (Bayer Leverkusen, 2 caps), Tim Wiese (Werder Bremen, -)

Defender: Marvin Compper (1899 Hoffenheim, -), Arne Friedrich (Hertha BSC, 63), Andreas Hinkel (Celtic Glasgow, 18), Per Mertesacker (Werder Bremen, 51, 1 goal), Marcel Schäfer (VfL Wolfsburg, -), Serdar Tasci (VfB Stuttgart, 3), Heiko Westermann (FC Schalke 04, 8, 1)

Midfielder: Thomas Hitzlsperger (VfB Stuttgart, 43, 6), Jermaine Jones (FC Schalke 04, 2), Marko Marin (Borussia Mönchengladbach, 3, 1), Simon Rolfes (Bayer 04 Leverkusen, 16, 1), Bastian Schweinsteiger (FC Bayern München, 61, 17), Piotr Trochowski (Hamburger SV, 17, 1), Tobias Weis (1899 Hoffenheim, -)

Forwards: Mario Gomez (VfB Stuttgart, 19, 6), Patrick Helmes (Bayer 04 Leverkusen, 8), Miroslav Klose (FC Bayern München, 86, 44), Lukas Podolski (FC Bayern München, 59, 31)

I don't understand why he called up Hinkel. The three new players can be tried out, no problem with that.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'd guess at this line up.

......................Adler
Friedrich....Merte.Tasci.....Westermann
Swienie.Rolfes.Hitzlsperger.Trochowski
.............Klose......Podolski

Although Schafer must be in with a chance at LB.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
World football say that England's football is the best.

Let's see if that is beacuse of their local talent, or beacuse of foreign players...

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
I'd like this line-up:

Adler - Friedrich, Mertesacker, Westermann, Hinkel - Rolfes - Schweinsteiger, Marin, Trochowski - Klose, Helmes

·
Registered
114 Posts
England down to the bare bones for tonight.The premadonnas consider friendlies for their national team a bit beneath them.
I'll go for Germany to win 2-0.

·
Registered
17,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well actually England can only beat us in unimportant games as history showed... ;)
(66 is taken out here because it was a cheat anyway)

So today it can be there day.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
The midfield was not good enough to cope with England's pressing game. Rolfes and Jones were woeful in the first half. Things were better in the second when Schweini played central but there was no penetration at all.

Trochowski and Marin hardly got a chance to run at the opposition and had to come looking for the ball.

I can't remember one decent scoring chance being created. Actually the game was a dull bore for a friendly.

and yeah, Gomez is a waste at the moment. if Kuryani didn't pull that stunt he migh't have got in ahead of Gomez in the pecking order.

·
Registered
17,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well actually England can only beat us in unimportant games as history showed... ;)
(66 is taken out here because it was a cheat anyway)

So today it can be there day.
As always.
If England makes it to the next tournament at all and they have the bad luck of facing us they will go out as usual.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.