Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I opened this thread as a discussion basis for everything affecting our NT on the road to 2006 like matches to be played, players and so on. I will adjust the thread title from time to time to take current events or incidents into account ( like the upcoming argentina match..).

In 2 days time, our NT will have its next attempt in trying to beat a top national side when we are facing Argentina in Duesseldorf. Here is the team which Klinsmann nominated for this match :

goal :
Oliver Kahn, FC Bayern München)
Jens Lehmann, Arsenal London

defence :
Frank Fahrenhorst, Werder Bremen
Arne Friedrich, Hertha BSC Berlin
Andreas Hinkel, VfB Stuttgart
Per Mertesacker, Hannover 96
Patrick Owomoyela, Arminia Bielefeld
Christian Schulz, Werder Bremen
Christian Wörns, Borussia Dortmund

midfield :
Michael Ballack, FC Bayern München
Fabian Ernst, Werder Bremen
Paul Freier, Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Torsten Frings, Bayern München
Thomas Hitzlsperger, Aston Villa
Bernd Schneider, Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Bastian Schweinsteiger, FC Bayern München

attack :
Gerald Asamoah, FC Schalke 04
Thomas Brdaric, VfL Wolfsburg
Miroslav Klose, Werder Bremen
Kevin Kuranyi, VfB Stuttgart

The nominated team looks ok for me overall, but i'm a bit astonished to see Hitzlsperger instead of Borowski in the team. I hope that Hitzlsperger will play though, because Hamburg ( along with Bremen and Stuttgart ) is interested to sign him in the summer on a free bosman transfer. Nevertheless, i have some doubts if a Aston Villa bench player is really good enough for us ( or Bremen, Stuttgart..), therefore i would like to see him in the match..
I'm a bit sad that Podolski is injured, he was scoring loads of goals in the last couple of matches in Bundesliga 2, imho he is one of the most talented german players and it would have been interesting to see him play against a top side. Lahm will be missed, too.
Since our defense is out of shape and quite inexperienced, I suppose that we again won't win against a top side, my prediction is a 2- 2 tie.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
I am predicting a 2-1 or 2-0 win for Argentina, but I hope I am wrong. May the Fussballgötter strike me down for my heresy and lack of faith. :D

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Sehr gute Idee, Rothose :thumbsup: Fast so genial wie Dein Nick ;)

Missing Lahm and Podolski is a huge blow. I hoped we could have lined up our very best 11 in this first test against a big one since the draw vs Brazil. Especially since Lahm is simply irreplaceable in our squad, for me being the best left wing back in the game after Zambrotta.

Podolski... I bet he just wanted to celebrate Karneval in Kölle in an appropriate way, so he invented this injury :tongue:

It's also a pity that Robert Huth did not get the permission to join the team by Chelski. I wonder what's the point in denying him the possibility to play for his country when he aint considered a valid option for the russian sponsored all stars. Would raise his market value, since I dont think Huth is going to stay for too long at London. At least I hope he is going to leave them pretty quickly.

The exclusion of Borowksi I find somehow astonishing, too. Cant really understand it, I assume he might be unfit, though I havent heard of it.

And the inclusion of Freier just shows how badly we need creative middies ;)

So how could the lineup look like?

Kahn; Hinkel, Mertesacker, Wörns, XXX; Schneider, Frings, Ballack, Ernst; Klose, Kuranyi

Who will play on the left wing, I wonder... :undecide:

All in all, I am not too confident... a draw would already please me. If we had just Prinz Poldi with us ;)

PS: Lauth :eek: What a goal ratio :D This game came a bit early, but I am sure we will find him pretty soon back in the German NT. If this means no more Brdaric or Asamoah on the pitch, even better :happy:

PPS: As it seems, Schulz of Bremen will play as the left back. Beh... we dont have a lot of options there when Lahm is out.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Ballack and Kahn are not going to be playing. Ballack apparently has a cold and Kahn is not playing because of rotation system. Ballacks absence rules out any chances of a German victory!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
922 Posts
One question, can someone say more about Moritz Volz and if he is good for the NT?
And the guy of kaiserslautern...engenhald something like that...

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
You have to take advantage of suppose Argentina being a better side, and Germany knows how to do that with even 9 years old kids, Argentina is in formation as you, and will be extra pression because from D'Alessandro, to Veron, and in minor Tevez and Gonzalez, in a clear or disguise way are claiming that they are being erase from the argie NT since Pekerman, this is more than probably utting unnecessary pressure to the ones in, about Samuel, Mascherano and others not being call, I just don't know why, but they didn't say a word...so for me, in Germany, you still are favorites.

Plus Crespo will probably play for you too..I hate him...

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Fangio : And the winter may be another advantage for us, it is pretty cold in Germany at the moment :D ...

@Raphael : Volz wasn't called and i think he's crap anyway - or not good enough, to express my thoughts about Volz in a more friendly way :D .. In Hinkel and Friedrich, we have two right backs who are clearly better than Volz and Klinsmann seems to prefer Owomoyela over Volz, too.
The player from Kaiserslautern you are talking about is Marco Engelhardt. He is a central midfielder, quite talented and equipped with a good left foot, but nothing really special, though it would be interesting to see him play in a better team with better teammates than the guys from Kaiserslautern... Klose experienced a big boost when he left crappy Kaiserslautern and joined Bremen.
Engelhardt wasn't called for the argentina match either.

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Cold weather or not, I cannot see us winning this match, without our 2 best players IMO.

Ballack and Lahm are simply non replaceable. I predict a 1-3... though I dont know yet how we are supposed to score a goal with this midfield ;) Probably a deflected cross of Frings finding its way into the net.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Thanks for the information Rothose :)
Yep, Klose improved a lot since he moved to bremen, but like a kaiserslautern fan, i expect they revive in the german football...
I think volz was a great player, i heard very good things of him in fulham, and about hitzlsperger too.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Can't comment on the quality of play, since I did not see the match, but the result is better than for what I hoped.

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, we should have won this match, but our attack again lacked creativity and firepower. Germany was highly superior in the midfield but we were stopped when nearing the box area, esp. in the 2nd period. Argentina fielded only a b-team though, i don't expect to see guys like Duscher, Scaloni and Burdisso in the argentine starting team in 2006.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Rothose said:
Well, we should have won this match, but our attack again lacked creativity and firepower. Germany was highly superior in the midfield but we were stopped when nearing the box area, esp. in the 2nd period. Argentina fielded only a b-team though, i don't expect to see guys like Duscher, Scaloni and Burdisso in the argentine starting team in 2006.

As far as Argentina fielding only a b-team...we(Arg supporters) sure hope so. But, with Pekeridiot who knows. He hasn't called Tevez or Macherano for the last two NT games. The only sure selection is his butt buddy Sorin. All others...who knows with him.

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RayLewis52 said:
As far as Argentina fielding only a b-team...we(Arg supporters) sure hope so. But, with Pekeridiot who knows. He hasn't called Tevez or Macherano for the last two NT games. The only sure selection is his butt buddy Sorin. All others...who knows with him.
Well, i was really astonished to see guys like Scaloni and Duscher in your starting lineup. The last time that Scaloni caught my eye was back in 2000 when he scored for La Coruna against Hamburg in the CL :D....

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
You are way too polite, Rothose ;)

We shouldnt have won the match only, but it was a crime we didnt... also thanks to Sig. Hoyzer Farina :yuck:

One pen denied, a clean tackle in the pen area given as pen for Argentina, not sending off Heinze despite him intentionally handling the ball and having been already booked. Heinze was incredible, what an unfair player, I cannot believe he were allowed to finish the match without being send off, the number of fouls he commited in the early half of the 1 HT was astonishing... without getting booked. :rollani:

Too bad, we really deserved to win this team. Sure, it wasnt Argentina's best team, no doubt, but that team they fielded we totally controlled, not mentioning that we were missing essential key players like Lahm, Ballack and Klose as well, having to throw in Freier pretty early for an injured Asamoah.

The fighting spirit shown by the team was a pleasure to watch and hopefully they will continue to go this way... very impressive and unexpected.

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@Psycho : Sure, Argentina didn't play well - unfortunately it was still enough to completely shut down our attack in the 2nd half. Heinze reminded me alot of Hollerbach :D . Sad that we don't have a player like him in our squad. You always need 1 or 2 badasses.
BTW, i didn't like the system we were playing yesterday. I prefer us to play with 2 real central attackers. We should pair one hard working attacker like Klose, Kuranyi or even Asamoah with a technically skilled and fast player like Podolski or Lauth in the future. This would make a good combination. But Kuranyi seems to have his place assured and Klinsmann seems to rate Asamoah very high, too...

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
U forgot the splendid chance of Mertesacker we had in the 2nd half ;)

Incredible, that fly catcher was nervous and insecure with every cross or shot, but that one he saved :eek:

Hollerbach? Yeah, Heinze's skills resembled the ones of Hollerbach ;)

With the standard that usually is set by refs at WCs, I cannot see Heinze surviving one half time if he always played like this. Therefore I'd say, thanks, but no thanks... we dont need butchers with 6 fouls in the first 30 mins plus an intentional handling of the ball.

I think the tactic was not bad, considering the injuries we had. For Lauth it was still too early (maybe if the match had been in 2-3 weeks), Podolski and Klose got injured. I am happy that Klinsmann found a solution that did not had Brdaric as a starter, moreover considering the lack of creativity our midfield usually delivers, I think playing Asamoah (who was doing a good job till he got butchered by Heinze :tongue: ) and Schweini as wingers was smart.

But sure, when there will be Klose, Podolski and Lauth at Klinsmann's disposal, we will probably see a 2men striking force again.

And indeed, Klisnmann seems to rate Asamoah quite highly. In opposite to me ;) Though I have to admit that so far Asamoah has usually made quite decent matches under Klinsmann.

As long as we wont have Neuville or Brdraric as starters in the future, I am satisfied :tongue:

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
crepo was brilliant
is an arsehole who will doom as like before and all the tank 9's in the past, just put one in an argie team and we convert in a long passes machine to a tree, no dribbling, no passing, and worse if in the middle plays Sorin, Duscher?, and Scaloni???????????, was Pekerman the coach or old Bielsa??, and Kudos Teutons!! I told you, Germany NT will always have at the very least PRIDE!!!!!!, and you deserved to win by far, playing with irreverence, and without Ballack, strange team by Pekerman anyway, on waht pill he waa jejejeje...

·
Registered
59,141 Posts
what's the position with the keepers btw? it was dubbed as Kahn vs Lehmann last night but you can't reallt take any conclusions from it as all goals were unstoppable for the pair. So what's the current order in Klinsy's head? Hildebrand at 1? Lehmann? Kahn? or even Rost?

my choice course:proud:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts