Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deutschland, Deine Torhüter :tongue:

I have checked the teletext of a German TV station today, and the main footie headlines were filled by our respective keepers.

1st) Ollie Kahn was showing again his periodic mental weakness. According to several papers, he went beserk vs goalie keeper Dreher.

During shooting training, a ball deflected from the post and hit Kahn at the head. Dreher laughed about the situation and Kahn told him to shut up. Dreher continued grinning and Kahn insulted him in a way the papers unfortunately did not quote (since they claim it was too vulgar to print :eek: if something is too vulgar for BILD, it must be close to incredible.

Kahn has decided to bring his lawyer into the game cause he claims he never said these kind of things and wants to sue the papers if they continue to claim that he insulted Dreher in this way.

2nd) Cheers, Kampa ;)

After drinking a bit too much of beer and wine, Kampas stomach rebelled and he threw up... in the lounge of the team hotel.

Beh, happens to the best ;), even though the location wasn't probably the best one for this little mishap. He apologized and coach Advocaat defended him, saying that someone that works very hard the whole week has the right to drink a bit. It would be good for the team spirit ;) Dutchies... they have always been very lenient in dealing with 'drugs' :tongue:

3rd) Of course, we cannot forget 'bout our #2, who happen to be Arsenal's #2 lately, too... and noone but Wenger knows why... this Manuel Alumnia guy is simply hilarious. Whenever I have sawn him, he had a blunder.

I cannot believe Lehmann has been worse than him.
Even at Milan, where he had probably the worst time of his career, he looked more secure than that Spaniard.

Seems he has a pretty personal issue with Wenger, and even though the later wants to push Jens to cancel his contract with his statements in the media, he seems to be willing to fulfill the contract.

Wrong decision IMO... he is the best keeper Arsenal had for over a decade (big thing, with David Seaman :D ) and should be easily able to find a new job. For his project of challenging Kahn for the #1 of the German NT, staying on the bench of the Gunners behind this Iberian fly catcher wouldnt be very helpful.

PS: Rothose, can u delete the other thread? XT's amazing script screwed me pretty badly ;)

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
deleted your first thread...
Concerning our goalies, i think it's a bit sad what happened to Kampa. He looked really promising 3 years ago with Nuernberg. Even Arsenal was interested in him back in these days. Then he lost his starting spot after Nuernberg relegated, now this seems to happen for a 2nd time in Moenchengladbach.

Kahns best days are over. I wouldn't rule out that he can lift himself back to the form he displayed until 2002, but all this trouble in his private life seem to have an impact on his performances on the pitch. Maybe he should kiss this young bitch goodbye :D ...

I don't understand why Wenger has dropped Lehmann. This spanish goalie doesn't seem to be better at all. I'm often wondering why esp. the english top clubs like Manchester and Arsenal always seem to have problems with their goalkeepers. Seemingly the coaches doesn't have enough patience with their goalkeepers in England, they are often putting their goalies into question after a single mistake ...

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for deleting it...

I'm often wondering why esp. the english top clubs like Manchester and Arsenal always seem to have problems with their goalkeepers. Seemingly the coaches doesn't have enough patience with their goalkeepers in England, they are often putting their goalies into question after a single mistake
I dont know... IMO the EPL is pretty average if it comes to keeper. Their goalies dont match the standard the rest of the league sets, no comparison to Germany or Italy.

I think Schmeichel for example wasnt questioned. Simply cause he was a good keeper. After him, they had Barthez, now the US guy... hardly top class keeper (Barthez was always totally overhyped, a bit like Chilalvert IMO).

Arsenal had Seaman for years... so no wonder they complained about their keepers ;)

Another example, Calamity James, Englands #1... I think he would struggle to get spot between the posts at any German bundesliga outfit.

Regarding Kahn, I totally agree with you. I hope he will find back to his form of 02... it would be essential for a succesful WC campaign. If he keeps playing like nowadays, promoting Hildebrand would be the wisest choice for Klinsmann. I just fear that he wont drop Kahn, even if he does not regain his old form. Even though Klinsmann showed balls in the past, I dont think he has such huge balls :tongue: (Oder um Ollie zu zitieren... EIER, wir brauchen Eier).

Kampa looked indeed promising... and now a bit finished. But who knows... when Enke became the #1 in Gladbach several years ago, I was impressed by his talent and performance. I expected him to become an international class keeper very soon.

Then he went to Portugal... and seemed to be finished... or lets say, he did not look like he would develope and improve himself. Now, at the age of 27, he is in the form of his life and one of the best keepers of the league.

Maybe Kampa will be able to get back onto the track, too.

·
Registered
59,303 Posts
Psycho said:
Another example, Calamity James, Englands #1... I think he would struggle to get spot between the posts at any German bundesliga outfit.
Thos Germans, always behind... :pp how dare you forget the new England #1, Paul Robinson of the mighty Spurs :fero: World class keeper I tell you :shades: :pp but seriously he is good and way more reliable than calamity.

but seriously I agree. The better goalies in the EPL like Niemi whos been linked to Arsenal and Man U probably would only play for Bochum cos of the higher standard of keeping in Germany.

Has Kahn got a new girlfriend btw after Verena? or is he back with her? :D

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Psycho said:
Deutschland, Deine Torhüter :tongue:

I have checked the teletext of a German TV station today, and the main footie headlines were filled by our respective keepers.

2nd) Cheers, Kampa ;)

After drinking a bit too much of beer and wine, Kampas stomach rebelled and he threw up... in the lounge of the team hotel.

Beh, happens to the best ;), even though the location wasn't probably the best one for this little mishap. He apologized and coach Advocaat defended him, saying that someone that works very hard the whole week has the right to drink a bit. It would be good for the team spirit ;) Dutchies... they have always been very lenient in dealing with 'drugs' :tongue:

The "funny " thing was that this happened in Gladbachs hotel, but in the hotel, where Nürnberg and Bochum were.

So he asked the Bochum coach Peter Neururer (who´s first goalie is injured)
"You need a new goalie! But even you wouldn´t take an drunken idiot like me..." :drunk: :D :dielaugh: :dielaugh: Then he puked... :yuck: :dielaugh:

Was a good goalie back then in Nürnberg. Schäfer is now #1 but not really better... He only became, because the managment wanted to sell Kampa after relegation to get money...

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice anecdote ;)

Gladbach has signed Keller. I wonder who will be the #1 at Gladbach when the winter break is finished.

·
Registered
59,303 Posts
If KC Keller finishes the season as the no 1 keeper, then there's something very wrong with Kampa :D

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now Hildebrand has made clear that he is going to leave Stuttgart. Teams being mentioned are Hertha (please :rollani: ), Schalke (seems they become the 2nd Bayern, buying the whole league) Arsenal and Man U.

I hope he will go abroad, would be a nice experience for him. I'd rather see him not at Arsenal as logn as Wenger is there... a coach that prefers a clown on the pitch over a clown off the pitch aka Lehmann must have a serious lack of knowledge about goalies. Would be a shame if Hildebrand would waste his talent under such a coach.

Man Utd would be quite a thing.

Moreover he could show in the direct comparison that he is better than this overhyped Cech guy ;) :tongue:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Wally said:
If KC Keller finishes the season as the no 1 keeper, then there's something very wrong with Kampa :D
Doubt Kampa will make it under D!ck after this :drunk: -story... LOL :D

But Melka isn´t bad, too...

About Timo:

Don´t really understand why he wants to leave...

Well he wants to take a step in his career i think...

But IMO there´s no team for him in Germany...

Only improvement would´ve been Bayern...

So only Arsenal (if he looks at Lehmann he won´t do that) or ManU are real top-clubs that need a goalie...

And there´s still Parma's Frey cheap available...

So i´m really looking forward where he will move... :confused: :eekani:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Psycho said:
Kampa looked indeed promising... and now a bit finished. But who knows... when Enke became the #1 in Gladbach several years ago, I was impressed by his talent and performance. I expected him to become an international class keeper very soon.

Then he went to Portugal... and seemed to be finished... or lets say, he did not look like he would develope and improve himself. Now, at the age of 27, he is in the form of his life and one of the best keepers of the league.
But Enke's days in Portugal were great. He was highly rated. His problems only started when told Benfica that he wasn't interested in signing a new contract because he had the chance to go to Barça on a free transfer. The board was not amused and he was benched for the rest of the season. Then for some reason he wasn't exactly very noticed in Barcelona, but it's good to hear that he's doing fine now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts