Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gerets get the sack

:eek: :confused: :dazed:

At Eindhoven they seem to have lost their mind. After some evaluation talks PSV decided to let coach Eric Gerets go. There already were claims on a difficult situation between him and some (mostly substitute :rolleyes: ) players this winter.

No doubt one of the dumest decisions in Dutch football of the last years. Anyway this might ease the choice of coach at Standard Liège :rolleyes:

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
After Adelaar, Koolhof, now Gerets sacked.

What a week...
sacked - sacked - sacked

I didn't expect this to be happening, but looking from what occured in the winterbreak, it isn't that surprising. Perhaps more players have told that they want a new trainer, as in a slight minority in December.
But still, I don't get it..it didn't went that bad with them.
I feel sorry for Gerets.

Is Erwin Koeman be the man behind this? Well, first Brandts was sacked, now it's the main man.

I really wonder what will happen with PSV now...
Well, Adriaanse is still loose..:D

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
I wonder in what topic they will merge, mine or yours?

Well, I beat you with XCC last year :finger:, so perhaps this time you will be the one that gets away with it. ;)

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
there were some rumours that Valencia would be interested to sign him, but I doubt they still want him since they won the title with Benitez.

Maybe the infamous Mona-commercial was the last drop? :D I wonder who they'll sign? Maybe Adelaar :)

·
Registered
833 Posts
I'll be very surprised if Erwin Koeman is not the new man for the job. Still I cannot understand this, in three years two championships and one second place to secure CL football for the next season.

And only few seconds away from a SF-spot in the UEFA cup;)

I think he'll get a big golden handshake to buy of that contract for life:D

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
Perschef Pedro Salazar liet vanuit China weten dat er nog geen opvolger voor Gerets in beeld is. 'Iedereen gaat nu eerst rustig op vakantie. Pas in augustus hoeft er een nieuwe trainer voor de stoep te staan', aldus Salazar. Erwin Koeman, de huidige assistent-trainer en in het bezit van het diploma Coach Betaald Voetbal, als interim-coach is in ieder geval geen optie, zei hij.
so probably no Koeman...

·
Registered
833 Posts
To be honest, I think what is meant here is that no coach is necessary until August, after the holiday period. After that time it might as well be Koeman, or I'm reading this all wrong:confused:

So you see, even Dutch language is confusing sometimes...

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Re: Gerets get the sack

gOD said:
:eek: :confused: :dazed:

At Eindhoven they seem to have lost their mind. After some evaluation talks PSV decided to let coach Eric Gerets go. There already were claims on a difficult situation between him and some (mostly substitute :rolleyes: ) players this winter.
I wouldn't call Ooijer, Waterreus, Hofland and Van Bommel substitutes. If your 4 best players lose their faith in the coach and you don't win any prices (and you see Feyenoord win the UEFA-cup eventually) it's hard to go on. Certainly since it's very likely that all four players will still play for PSV next season. If I'm right Gerets never made it more than 3 years either at his previous clubs.

In the AD they mentioned former Ajax-coach Morten Olsen as possible succesor.

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
sennafan said:
To be honest, I think what is meant here is that no coach is necessary until August, after the holiday period. After that time it might as well be Koeman, or I'm reading this all wrong:confused:

So you see, even Dutch language is confusing sometimes...
I think I was reading it wrong here :eek:

·
Registered
597 Posts
I can't understand why Mr Gerets was sacked... I've read that Morten Olsen may be will be the next coach...

I don't know if Erwin Koeman is a good coach, but with Erwin in PSV and his brother in Ajax it would be very special...

·
Registered
833 Posts
On TT Guus Hiddink and Frank Rijkaard were also mentioned

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They mention Rijkaard everywhere :D. In Belgium he's said to be a candidate for Brugge if Sollied leaves :rolleyes:

·
Registered
833 Posts
Only Rijkaard as promised to stay at Sparta, even in the case of relegation. I know about contracts in football being worth zip, but I think he'll stay. On TV Rijnmond, a television company in the Rotterdam area, the president of Sparta said he would never give Rijkaard the sack as he's good with management, players and especially sponsors.

In het AD 'O Leary was mentioned:eekani:

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
In combination with PSV or Sparta? ;)

Rijkaard shows with a good carreer as player can do. A lesser known name would have been sacked for sure by now, but Frank not. Very nice that he's very popular with the players and sponsors, but it has to happen on the field.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts