Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read Geremi is one step from signing with Porto for 1.000 million ptas.
Sorry labas :)

P.S. I don't know whether it's accurate of course.

P

·
0 Posts
Yeah, but Sanz also had to free up some cash and drop some players in order to be able to buy new ones for positions that we really needed covered. At least with Geremi, he can sell a solid, young player and get some money back. We've become so used to our squad that seeing just about anyone go sucks =) Me included! I like who we have!

On a somewhat related note, I'm so glad football trades are not dealt with like they are in American sports where often players are swamped.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
But it is still dumb that we all buy some left-feet players in this break, why do we need so many options in the same position? And for that, Geremi is a valuable right-feet player...and I THINK, in next year, Macca could be a midfield free man, so Geremi may be a starter as a right winger...

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Well, I must say it is getting a bit worrying, because we know Karembeu is leaving, and now this Geremi info. Ognjenovic has been loaned out, and that leaves us ONLY with Steve McManaman fo a possible right wing role. Seedorf is also gone. And we all remember Steve wants to play and IMO should play the free role and that does indeed leave us with none on the right wing! Geremi simply has to stay!!! What do you guys think?

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
But PIRES has stated a number of times, he wants to go to a club, where he can play the left wingers role. And the transfer is not yet certain, he may go to Arsenal, and I hope he does. He sucked last night. Never liked him much;)

P

·
0 Posts
Well, I'm not going to persuade you to like Pires. I've seen him play regularly and my opinion is that is he is a fine player. Again, I still don't think that whether he plays left or right will make a difference. I think he will be equally effective.

The question is how persuasive can Wenger be to take him... I prefer that he come to Madrid and us ditch a couple of non-EU players (ie Cambiasso).

If I haven't forgotten anyone, with all the signing we've done, I don't know that we've added to our defense at all or have we?

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Cambiasso!? Are you mad!? This guy is one of the hottest deals out there! No way he will be sold. If we want to get rid of non EU's there are a couple of options:
Savio - no chance
Solari - let's loan him, he's average
Cambiasso - has to stay, or he will leave the club, and that cannot happen
Geremi - IMO a must, we have no RM!:mad:
Baljic - well, this is tuff. Maybe we can loan him?!
Rodrigo Fabri - the same as with Esteban C. he will either play or go. he's good so I'd keep him
Congo - he should be loaned or sold
Cesar Prates - sell the bastard!
Ognjenovic - already loaned:D
Samuel Eto'o - difficult choice, but I'd keep him

So that gives us 10 choices and 4 must be thrown away...what do we do? My picks are:
Savio - of course
Geremi
Eto'o
Rodrigo
Cambiasso
Baljic

loan:
Congo
Solari
Ognjenovic)already done)

sell
Cesar Prates

Any comments? who did I forget?:(

P

·
0 Posts
Yeah, but we're only allowed 5 now in Spain. Remeber that RC is still not Spanish. I know he's going to take nationality but the naturalization process in Europe can take 1-2 years once you are even eligible. It's not reasonable to think that he'll become Spanish in the coming month or two.

Thus, we need to ditch really 6 of those 10.

I'm curious to see what's going to happen with Savio since he's been rumbling about his pay and play as well. Since he has a French wife, maybe he will take European citizenship. Who knows.

re: Cambio, He's a hot deal, you're right, but we're also up to our rear ends in debt.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Are you sure about this 5 rule!? That would mean big problems for del Bosque and IMO it's completely absurd! I mean it shouldn't matter how many non EU players you have in the team, what should matter is how many are on the field. This way we can only pick 5 before the seasons start and the rest must go:mad: That's very dissapointing. And I think you're underestimatig Roberto Carlos' possibilities - he's such a well known figure I can see him getting the honor really ffast. What you say about Savio is very distressing, but I hope he's a Madritista by heart and stays, because without him, Real Madrid are realy fuc*ked:mad:

oh and one more thing, if we want to solve our debt problem, well then Esteban Cambiasso isn't the answer! What do you epect to happen!? Do you really think some team will pay 10 mln$ for him, just because we assure them he's a great prospect or the future! ROTFL! It doesn't work that way, so I see him staying or being loaned, despite his moans and groans:(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts