1 - 4 of 4 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From http://www.onefootall.com

EXCLUSIVE Leeds and Chelsea chase Geremi
Monday 10th July 2000

Chelsea and Leeds are engaged in a £5 million head-to-head battle for Real Madrid's 21-year-old Cameroonian international midfielder Geremi Fotso Njitap.

After Steve McMananman's return to form Geremi has struggled to win first-team opportunities at Real Madrid, and he has been transfer-listed after only one season at the club.

The Spanish giants are £150 million in debt and desperately need to cash in on any player who is not a first-team regular.

Both Chelsea and Leeds have contacted Real about the 21-year-old and have been given the all-clear to open negotiations with his agent.

Geremi is an athletic ball-winning midfielder who was signed by former Madrid boss John Toshack.

Chelsea's Gianluca Vialli is looking for a replacement for Frenchman Didier Deschamps, who is still expecetd to leave Stamford Bridge, while David Batty's fitness at Leeds is still a major concern for David O'Leary.

A Madrid source said: "Geremi is one of the players who we need to get rid of to cut our wage bill.

"He was brought in by John Toshack, but now there is a new regime he is surplus to requirements. He did not figure much towards the end of last season."

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Nooooooooooooo:mad! This is just specualtion people, don't worry, Real really want to keep the dear geremi:D

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
ahahaha....should we send this paragraph to Amo's "article competition"?;)
Just £5 million for our energy man--Geremi, and it will help us to reduce our $150M debt?!:eek:......it is just a bad joke, though I still worry that Geremi will leave Real, but absolutely not in this price!:mad:

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I really do see some absurd prices going up lately. I mean it would be simply a scandal if 21 year old Geremi, such a talent would leave for around 7 mln $. I would rate him as at least 11, or 12 mln. He proved his quality on a number of times, and he's so young. Besides, why can't we just loan him for one season? I know Geremi wouldn't like that, but he should be patient, next year I bet our two Brazilians will get EU passports and that will leave a lot more room for him in the squad, and another thing is, that he will be the best right winger in the world, come July next year. I hope Sanz doesn't fuc*k this one up too:mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts