Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The deal is done for Gerard. This news should make every Barca fan happy. THe greatest thing of all is that he turned down more money from Milan to play for us(are you listening Figo). The details of the deal are being finalized but the fee is around $18 million. This is great news.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
I just read on Milan's official site and on La Gazzetta dello Sport that Barca just pull off and based on Gerard's agent he has chosen Milan...so what's true in that and what's false?To be followed....

Forza Gerard Rossonero!

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
The deal is off according to Tele 5 because they can't agree about money. Barça have refused to pay his 'contrato de imagen'.
This is not the first time Gerard has had problems with Barça over money. Three years ago there were rumours that there was a brilliant new young talent languishing in Barça C and occasionaly getting a game for Barça B. He was being paid about 30,000 pesetas a month ($170). The final straw came when the club stopped paying his taxi ride home at night to Granollers so he left (almost to Madrid may I add).

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Hm..thats weird.
Cause I read that the deal is done and Gerard signed a 5-year contract with us.

I would really appreciate this deal, so does anyone know some further details about it?

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Is that little bald overrated player from Lazio still in the picture now that Barca has signed Gerard?

D

·
0 Posts
I read this at http://sports.yahoo.com/m/world/news/reuters/20000726/reu-gerard.html

BARCELONA, July 26 (Reuters) - Barcelona have agreed to sign Spanish international midfielder Gerard from Valencia in a 3,600 million peseta ($20.35 million) deal, Barcelona president Joan Gaspart said on Wednesday.
Gerard, a member of Spain's Euro 2000 squad, will move back to the club he left in 1997 on a five-year contract.
Gaspart also said he expected the sale of Dutch international winger Boudewijn Zenden to Lazio to be
completed on Thursday. ``Gerard is coming home,'' said Gaspart after talks with the player's agent late on Wednesday. ``We've spoken to the player and he's very happy about it.''
Gerard, 21, currently in Austria with the Valencia squad, will fly to Barcelona on Thursday to sign the
contract, which will see him earn 400 million pesetas ($2.26 million) a year after tax.
Next on the shopping list for Barcelona, who lost Luis Figo to Real Madrid on Monday for a world record $56.1 million, are Arsenal pair Emmanuel Petit and Marc Overmars.
Gaspart is expected to travel to London on Thursday in an attempt to do a deal for the two players.

($1-176.87 Peseta)

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The deal is finally actually done. Gerard really wanted to come so he has stopped his push for Barca to pay his contrato de imagen. He has a 5 year contract worth 400 millon pesetas a year. His buy out clause is 30.000 million pesetas. He's not going anywhere.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Great news indeed!!!!!
This kind of news makes me a bit happier after the horrible days earlier this week...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Gerard

Does anyone know, which position he played for Valéncia and which position he will cover for Barça? He played somewhere in the central midfield for Valéncia, right? Do you expect Gerard to gather a regular first team spot?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts