Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean who will watch this match from the stadium because I am going to be there:):) YES, for the first time I will watch the best team in the world in front of my eyes: Batistuta, Cannigia, Veron, Simeone (I hope), Samuel, Ortega, Riquelme, Zanetti, Kily, Sorin, Aimar and Bielsa:D

I hope from Bielsa to call the mentioned players and Crespo + Ayala (if they can make it). For me, (insha'allah) this match will be the match to remember in my whole life as I always dreamed of travelling to Argentina or watching the 1st NT playing in front of my eyes or even Boca Juniors;)

Who knows, maybe this is the squade that will win the WC:proud:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Here´s the list:

Burgos
Cavallero
Chamot
Placente
Pochettino
Samuel
Quiroga
Zanetti
Sorin
Almeyda
Veron(If he can make it)
Gallardo
Aimar
Gustavo Lopez
Solari
Caniggia
Killy
Piojo Lopez
Batistuta

Note: Crespo, Ayala and Simeone are injured, this are the 22 that will most likely got to the WC, and a third GK(Saja or Bonano), Riquelme and Saviola won´t probably make it to the final 23..

Maybe one from Solari and Gustavo Lopez will not go, leaving that final spot up for grabs

Who is going to be the 23rd player?

Too bad Bielsa is sticking with Chamot, he is too slow.....

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
Congratulations B9 !!!!!

I am very jealous. ;)

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Wow! I envy you. In March of 2001 Iwas able to see Argentina vs Venezuela, live in Buenos Aires. It's a great expierence. I'm sure that it's something that you'll always remember :) For how long will u be in Germany ?

Batigol9 said:
I mean who will watch this match from the stadium because I am going to be there:):) YES, for the first time I will watch the best team in the world in front of my eyes: Batistuta, Cannigia, Veron, Simeone (I hope), Samuel, Ortega, Riquelme, Zanetti, Kily, Sorin, Aimar and Bielsa:D

I hope from Bielsa to call the mentioned players and Crespo + Ayala (if they can make it). For me, (insha'allah) this match will be the match to remember in my whole life as I always dreamed of travelling to Argentina or watching the 1st NT playing in front of my eyes or even Boca Juniors;)

Who knows, maybe this is the squade that will win the WC:proud:

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Considering that Ayala will be in the final 23.I think that Quiroga and Chamot will fight out the last defender's position. I really hope that Bielsa goes with Quiroga.

Let's not forget about Ortega as well. I think we would all be quite suprised if he didn't figure in the final 23. I think that Bielsa will have to select between Solari and G.Lopez and in this case, I hope that Solari earns a place on the final 23. We have to figure that Siemone will also be there as Bielsa will hold a spot for him until the last minute. Crespo is also a given.

SZeppelin75 said:
Here´s the list:

Burgos
Cavallero
Chamot
Placente
Pochettino
Samuel
Quiroga
Zanetti
Sorin
Almeyda
Veron(If he can make it)
Gallardo
Aimar
Gustavo Lopez
Solari
Caniggia
Killy
Piojo Lopez
Batistuta

Note: Crespo, Ayala and Simeone are injured, this are the 22 that will most likely got to the WC, and a third GK(Saja or Bonano), Riquelme and Saviola won´t probably make it to the final 23..

Maybe one from Solari and Gustavo Lopez will not go, leaving that final spot up for grabs

Who is going to be the 23rd player?

Too bad Bielsa is sticking with Chamot, he is too slow.....

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Ypu are right zcar i forgot about Ortega, he will be there so it´s actually between Quiroga and Chamot or between Solari and G. Lopez, of all i´d rather see El Fantasma out, does somebody iknow why he´s called like that?

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Wednesday, April 3, 2002
Veron reluctant to face Germany

BUENOS AIRES (Reuters) - Argentina's Juan Sebastian Veron is thinking twice about playing in this month's World Cup warm-up friendly against Germany because of an Achilles injury.
Veron, who missed Manchester United's Champions League match away to Deportivo Coruna on Tuesday, said the heel was continuing to trouble him but it was a minor injury which just needed time.

'At the moment, I don't want to force things because, although it's always important to play for my country, I want to be fully fit when the World Cup starts,' said Veron, who was included in Marcelo Bielsa's squad for the international in Stuttgart on April 17.

'It's not an important injury, it's a question of giving it enough time to get better,' he said in an interview with a Buenos Aires radio station.

'I'm thinking about whether it is worth forcing it because an injury would keep me out of the World Cup. It's better to think a little -- I'd rather miss a game than miss the World Cup.'

Veron was in the Argentina team which was surprisingly held to a 2-2 draw by African champions Cameroon in Switzerland last week.

Argentina also drew 1-1 with Wales in their other match this year but Veron said he was confident the South Americans would regain the form they showed during the 18-month long qualifying competition.

'In the 15 or 20 days before the World Cup, we will be back on form. I have faith in this because the bigger the obstacle, the better we perform, he said.'

'In any case, it's better to warm up this way than by winning by five or six goals.'

soccernet

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Well, if the time will aid Veron in recovering from this injury, Bielsa should think twice about playing him against Germany on April 17th. There is no need to test Veron in such a match nor is there any need to take a chance of him aggravating his injury.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
It seems that there is a chance that Riquelme may be alle up for this game. The likelihood of Riquelme' involvement stems from Veron's situation. If Veron sits out this match then there a realistic chance that Riquelme could be called up. It looks like Bielsa might add River's Claudio Husain to the list as well.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I would not mind going to see Argentina live aswell. so many good players plus one of the last times you will ever see El Pajaro playing for his beloved Argentina.

WELL DONE CANIGGIA IT LOOKS LIKE YOU WILL BE AT WC 2002!!!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
'Eck RFC said:
I would not mind going to see Argentina live aswell. so many good players plus one of the last times you will ever see El Pajaro playing for his beloved Argentina.

WELL DONE CANIGGIA IT LOOKS LIKE YOU WILL BE AT WC 2002!!!
Yep it looks like he will be in Korea/Japan...good..

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
By the way, I didnt tell the whole story yet:) I will travel to Ger and I will stay there untill Friday then we will move to Italy where I will watch AC Milan vs. Roma, that means I will see Bati:proud: and Samuel again:)

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
1 Burgos
2 Cavallero
3 Bonano
4 Ayala
5 Samuel
6 Pochettino
7 Chamot
8 Placente
9 Zanetti
10 Sorin
11 Solari or Husain
12 Simeone
13 Almeyda
14 Veron
15 Aimar
16 Gallardo or Riquelme
17 Ortega
18 Caniggia
19 Kily Gonzalez
20 Piojo Lopez
21 Crespo
22 Batistuta
23 Saviola or Cruz

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
washingtone17 said:
1 Burgos
2 Cavallero
3 Bonano
4 Ayala
5 Samuel
6 Pochettino
7 Chamot
8 Placente
9 Zanetti
10 Sorin
11 Solari or Husain
12 Simeone
13 Almeyda
14 Veron
15 Aimar
16 Gallardo or Riquelme
17 Ortega
18 Caniggia
19 Kily Gonzalez
20 Piojo Lopez
21 Crespo
22 Batistuta
23 Saviola or Cruz
Couldn´t agree more with you, except, Chamot, god he sucks, and i think that neither Saviola or Cruz will go, because we need one more defender, probably quiroga....

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
This is the squad I think Bielsa would pick if forced to today.

We all hate El fantasma (de Milan) but it is too late to bring in anyone else in view of Vivas' injury.

Placente is versatile enough to play as left centre back or left side of midfield, if required, so, in theory, the 23 listed actually includes
5 possible CB's.

Riquelme inclusion depends not on Veron but on the form of Gallardo.

G. Lopez will not go coz there are too many left sided players who are in better current form than him.

Though some don't agree it seems to me that Bielsa sees Saviola as a striker and not a right inside forward but he doesn't hold the ball as well (either physically or with his back to goal) which explains his inclination towards the terminally unlucky Cruz.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
It's better to think a little -- I'd rather miss a game than miss the World Cup.'
Carson35 - Does this mean he doesn't wanna play for Man U against Deportivo on Wednesday?

I doubt Fergie would wanna hear this knowing he won't have Keane or Scholes in the side.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Yeah..i think that Gallardo will go instead of Riquelme, he's been longer in Bielsa's plans-....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts