Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like Georgiadis has played his last game for Olympiakos.
unfortunately he requires a knee reconstruction which will keep him sidlelined for 6 months.
His contract expires in june 2005 and it was unlikely it would have been renewed .
He was never really embraced by the fans at Olympiakos but we wish him a speedy recovery and all the best for the futureand his career.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Sorry, never liked him. Too old & too crap. It's damning indictment of our right-wing problems that we've been using him as a first team player.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
A shame for him personally, but hey he's had a pretty distinguished career when you think about it. PAO, Newcastle, PAOK , OSFP and Euro Champion even if he didn't play a minute. All the best to him anyway.

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Marcus7 said:
Sorry, never liked him. Too old & too crap. It's damning indictment of our right-wing problems that we've been using him as a first team player.

Lets see if Bajevic starts using Phillipakos in that position now.
This injury may see Phillipakos career flourish at Olympiakos. The kid has some good wraps on him.
from all reports he is very speedy witha good workrate.

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I havent seen him play but from what ive read on the official Olympiakos boards from guys who have seen him play he isa skillful player who posseses lots of speed and hasa very good workrate.
One new player we have signed is a 17 year old Armenian kid, apparently this kid isa very skillful playmaker.

·
Registered
21 Posts
What happened to Mendrinos. I thought he was supposed to be the next big thing in Greek football. If I remember correctly he is a dekari who can play as a winger. Is that right?

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats right. Mendrinos is a playmaker who can play on the wings.
From what ive read Bajevic trates this player very highly but his physical attributes are letting him down. Even though hes close to 180 cm tall hes skinnyand not very strong on the ball, gets dispossed very easily.
I think Bajevic and the coaching staff are working with him to bulk him up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts