Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

on Rooney :

"Against Arsenal it was estimated Wayne swore 100 times. Whether they like it or not, footballers are role models for children."

so there you have it Wayne, follow George's lead. :thmbup:

:D

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
[
so there you have it Wayne, follow George's lead. :thmbup:

:eekani:

Don't you want him leading the line for England rather than throwing away his career with drink and women?

:confused: ;)

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vagabondo said:

Don't you want him leading the line for England rather than throwing away his career with drink and women?

drinking and women are allowed, it's the swearing that has to stop, so says George :stuckup:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Simple enough, any team whose players swear or spit etc in a televised match are banned from being televised for x months

Same goes for fans making racist chants or throwing missiles etc. See if the club involved allows it to continue if their TV revenue is cut off

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Owzat said:
Simple enough, any team whose players swear or spit etc in a televised match are banned from being televised for x months

Same goes for fans making racist chants or throwing missiles etc. See if the club involved allows it to continue if their TV revenue is cut off
I'm not denying that, i just think George is the wrong geezer to start sounding off about looking after your career and maximising your talent, well on the professional side at least, if George wants to give him advice on the technical side, say on improving his left foot then that's fine.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
I'm not denying that, i just think George is the wrong geezer to start sounding off about looking after your career and maximising your talent, well on the professional side at least, if George wants to give him advice on the technical side, say on improving his left foot then that's fine.
He is the right man. A booty slayer and booze tank like him can only have the right things to say on role modelling. :stuckup: Leave the left foot talk to Arsenal's mega signing coming to a theatre near you this Summer. :shades:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Haroon said:
Leave the left foot talk to Arsenal's mega signing coming to a theatre near you this Summer. :shades:
you need talent to be an actor. plus Becks is an ugly c*** if i may say so myself. :shades:

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that's an idea, Beckham could get a route out of Madrid by signing up to appear as 'Danny Zuko' in the forthcoming production of Grease at some theatre or another. :stuckup:

on topic : George Best could be his puke stained and drink sodden theatrical agent.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
that's an idea, Beckham could get a route out of Madrid by signing up to appear as 'Danny Zuko' in the forthcoming production of Grease at some theatre or another. :stuckup:
Zidane, Figo and Ronaldo will want in on that departure ticket too. maybe they could just remake Saturday Night Fever and Perez could throw in some flamenco lessons or something as a golden handshake :D

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Vagabondo said:
Zidane, Figo and Ronaldo will want in on that departure ticket too. maybe they could just remake Saturday Night Fever and Perez could throw in some flamenco lessons or something as a golden handshake :D
that production would make a fortune in Tokyo :eekani:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Maybe Best could run a self help class for some of the more troubled players in Europe.

imagine Cassano, Rooney, Anelka and Zlatan sitting around in a circle saying "i remember when i first turned to the bottle after a bad defeat. but then drinking became a constant in my life to the point where i'm never really sober and can't play anymore".

and George would just reassure them by saying "don't worry lads, just remember that form is temporary, but class is permanent"

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes George always says that if he got fit and laid off the dink he is sure he could become European footballer of the year again, one day. :)

since 1969 he's been saying that to anyone in his local that would listen.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Words of wisdom from a former alcoholic and playboy :thumbsup:

·
International
9,526 Posts
Vagabondo said:

Best did spend a lot of money on drink and women....I hear he squandered the rest :yawn:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Fred Elliot said:
Best did spend a lot of money on drink and women....I hear he squandered the rest :yawn:

apparently women and booze is where it all went.

he'd be an outstanding investor in your book then :thmbup:

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
he also spent a fair bit on a big house in Chelsea (y'know the place where Stamford Bridge isn't)

P.S. my brother in law is a taxi driver, he picked Besty up once from his house at 8am in the morning and he reeked of booze and he took him to a drinking club in Mayfair, must have run out of booze indoors :eekani:

what a character :D

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
P.S. my brother in law is a taxi driver, he picked Besty up once from his house at 8am in the morning and he reeked of booze and he took him to a drinking club in Mayfair, must have run out of booze indoors :eekani:

what a character :D
he should have come and played rugby league in Australia. that kind of thing is just considered as a form of training out here :shades:

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Vagabondo said:
he should have come and played rugby league in Australia. that kind of thing is just considered as a form of training out here :shades:
he can still come, he will probably be the best Rugby League player ever, just give him a few weeks to sort himself out and do a bit of roadwork.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
he can still come, he will probably be the best Rugby League player ever, just give him a few weeks to sort himself out and do a bit of roadwork.
he'd be the second best.

everyone knows that Andrew Johns is the best ever ;) :proud: there's no excuse for even an Englishman not knowing that (other than not giving a to$$ about league, which would be fair enough anyway). :D

maybe if Best played for Newcastle as well, he'd stand some chance of surpassing Johns in my (completely unbiased :eek:) opinion. But talent wise there's absolutely no question; Johns could even drink him under the table for good measure. :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts