Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
T'is half time. Pretty decent game so far, but chances have been very few. Pandev got put through for us, but the ball was too close to the keeper and he made a decent save. They also had a chance with Sculli and Muslera did well. 0-0 so far, we have plenty of possession but don't do much with it. Near the end of the half Pandev seemed to pick up a thigh strain or something. He will be a big doubt for the Juve game now. Anyway, the line up is:

Muslera

De Silvestri-Diakhite-Rozehnal-Kolarov

Lichtsteiner-Dabo-Ledesma-Mauri

Pandev-Zarate

Rocchi has replaced Pandev

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We've looked so disinterestd for most of this half. But what an immense pass by Kolarov to Zarate, who put a cool finish into the far corner!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Uff, we had so many chances to kill it off on the counter in the last 15 minutes, but some unbelievably bad decision making made it a tad nervy till the very end.

Onto Juve now.

Forza Lazio!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
fun game...Rocchi was really wasteful..trying to dribble and score all by himself..he could have created atleast 2 additional goals had he played smarter
good game Di Silvestre..looks very very promising..
Ferrari was lucky the deflection hit the bar...
bt yeah, victory in Marassi

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
We really pwned Genoa in the final minutes and should have scored at least two more. If our team was more consistent...
But a nice victory nevertheless, the defence was very stable compared to previous games, Kolarov is growing into quite a player and Lichtsteiner in midfield worked like a charm. Zarate was back to extremely selfish mode but scored the winning goal. I would love to see similar free flowing passing game agaisnt rube too, if possible without the wastefulness close to goal.
Dabo, Pandev and Diakite got injured though which is a terrible price to pay for three points, especially considering we have more of a chance for UEFA spot via the Coppa. But I don't really care about UEFA, so I am enjoying the win.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Mah, performances like this make me angry, thinking about how many points we have stupidly lost, and how could we be now if we had played this good. This was a totally different team from a month ago, and one wonders which are the reasons of some astonishingly crap performances and why haven't Lazio (almost) always played like today...

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Zarate has some Adriano moments that makes me mad, but still a great goal, a very difficult one to score that he make it look easy...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts