Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No one did the thread so I will try my luck...

Tonight at 19:30

We won 4-0 against Genoa earlier this season and we also won 4-0 last time we visited Genoa. Although it is worth mentioning that we went 6 seasons in a row without beating Genoa away prior to last season.

From FI:

Probable line-ups: Genoa-Inter
Football Italia

Stefan de Vrij has recovered from a knee injury to travel with Inter’s squad to Genoa, who are without derby hero Lukas Lerager.

The match kicks off at 18:30 UK time – click here for a preview.

De Vrij appeared to be ruled out of the game with a knee injury, but Inter’s social accounts showed he was in good spirits with his teammates.

That is backed up by FcInter1908.it, which reports the defender has ‘regained full fitness’, although he is unlikely to be risked from the outset.
Elsewhere, the Nerazzurri are set to go with Christian Eriksen behind Romelu Lukaku and Lautaro Martinez, with Victor Moses and Cristiano Biraghi out wide.

Genoa, meanwhile, cannot play Lerager, who scored the winner against Sampdoria last time out but then picked up a ban for an accumulation of yellow cards.

Goran Pandev and Iago Falque are likely to be rested, so Davide Nicola should name an all-Italian front two of Andrea Favilli and Andrea Pinamonti, both of whom stand at more than six foot.

Genoa (probable): Perin; Biraschi, Goldaniga, Zapata, Criscito; Ghiglione, Jagiello, Schone, Barreca; Favilli, Pinamonti

Inter (probable): Handanovic; Skriniar, Ranocchia, Godin; Moses, Valero, Gagliardini, Biraghi; Eriksen; Lukaku, Lautaro

---

Come to think of it, @Laudrup should have started this thread because it's Schone v Eriksen :D but he said he won't do that again so..

Rather sensible Inter line up imo

I am in favour of wingback rotation especially as Young and Candreva are in their 30s so can't play every game every 3 days.

Skriniar sat out the Viola game so has to start this one. De Vrij obviously won't be risked so the Frog starting again is understandable. However I would prefer resting Godin for Napoli and starting Bastoni today.

Valero starting after recent rest is also logical. I would have preferred Brozovic starting but may be Conte is preserving him. Anyhow Gagliardini will come up against his favourite target: 5 goals for Gagliardini against Genoa.

Alexis has been playing a lot lately so yeah keep him for the second half, I agree with that choice. Would really like to see Eriksen score or assist, it would be good for his morale and confidence.

If Genoa do rest Pandev and Falque it would be good for us.

Seeing Pinamonti against Inter will be interesting.

In Perin they have an excellent keeper but one who is very injury prone.

Conte is from Lecce so his hometown club can use some help from Inter against Genoa (though in Lecce they don't like Conte because he coached Bari, alas..)

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pina heads wide

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Genoa with more possession

Our mid meh

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Moses doing well

Active

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gaylordini can't control the ball

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We had a half chance so far

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bro wide

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Poor finish eriksen

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
0-1 Lukaku

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice assist Biraghi

Thought goal would be disallowed due to Lukaku contact with Zapata

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hardly celebrated that goal

This battle for 2nd place not very exciting

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gaylordini with a late challenge on Behrami

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That fk was by Jagiello was so close

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HT 0-1

Not great but Inter edged the attempts.

Wouldn't have complained had VAR disallowed Lukaku's goal tbh

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Biraghi's right footed assist identical to his assist against Lazio (to D'Ambrosio)

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am pretty sure Milito is rooting for Genoa today which would be understandable despite his Inter past, too.

Probably the goal of Lukaku was celebrated more in Lecce compared to Milano

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
red, Firdy and Nacka all sleeping hehe

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Crap shot gag

Nice work Lautaro