Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Genoa v Fiorentina​

Finally we face them. Qualifying for the Champions League for a second time in a row will do two things. Firstly, it will increase our reputation, something we could have done this year if we had qualified for the second round and completed the quadruple of Italian v English club teams and possibly faced Liverpool. The second thing of course is cash which we'll need in this day and age.

But, we'll wait till next year.

That is if there is a next year, because if any team is going to beat us for 4th it will the this fantastic Genoa side...who were battered by Roma 3-0 last week, who, by the way, also fighting for 4th. The most nail biting league in the European season and it is not broadcast here. Hopefully, their prior loss, coupled with our three wins in a row will propel us to put some distance between us and 5th place. Roma who are 6th have the same number of points as Genoa, they are away to Atalanta who are looking for a UEFA Cup...sorry, UEL spot so a real chance to put some distance between us and the dreaded UEL.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I'm stressed, their home record is damn good and we know very well how "good" we are out of Firenze :mad::mad:
We are without Melo :( who made did stupid mistake last week (luckily Lazio didn't managed to score after that) but has been one of the best performers for Viola and his first NT call up against World Cup champions was superb.
They are without their main keeper therefore their experienced Scarpi get chance to shine. I hope he forgot how to play on highest level:pp
Losing is not end of competition for 4th place but seems that biggest competitor Roma has found their form and we need to do all possible to improve our away form :cecco::cecco:

·
Registered
717 Posts
I think Jovetic could start as a trequartista. Sadly, Montolivo will be back in his old left midfielder role. I say sadly because I realy like him much more as a trequartista, but Melo is absent and Jovetic deserves this opportunity. Montolivo had a bad match against Brasil in his left-center midfielder role, but I hope he'll do better in this crucial match. I think Cesare is going to send something like this to the pitch:
------------------Frey-------------------
comotto-----gamberini-----dainelli (zauri*)-------vargas
---------------donadel------------------------
kuzmanovic---------------------montolivo--------
---------------jovetic------------------
-------------------------mutu---------
gila---------------------------------------

*I'm starting to think Zauri plays better as a CB, because of his pace. What I hate the most of Dainelli is that he's really really slow, and Zauri could cover this trouble in our back, as Milito is a quick striker.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
What are the changes in the UEFA cup? Just the name?
Group stage is different. From next season 4 teams in 12 groups are playing with each other. Qualification is also different but as far as I understood it concerns countries with lower Uefa coefficient.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I think Jovetic could start as a trequartista. Sadly, Montolivo will be back in his old left midfielder role. I say sadly because I realy like him much more as a trequartista, but Melo is absent and Jovetic deserves this opportunity. Montolivo had a bad match against Brasil in his left-center midfielder role, but I hope he'll do better in this crucial match. I think Cesare is going to send something like this to the pitch:
------------------Frey-------------------
comotto-----gamberini-----dainelli (zauri*)-------vargas
---------------donadel------------------------
kuzmanovic---------------------montolivo--------
---------------jovetic------------------
-------------------------mutu---------
gila---------------------------------------

*I'm starting to think Zauri plays better as a CB, because of his pace. What I hate the most of Dainelli is that he's really really slow, and Zauri could cover this trouble in our back, as Milito is a quick striker.
I totally agree with you.This is the best formation we have right now.But,because Milito is tall,Prandelli must put daineli over him.Zauri is small for Milito.Jovetic should start:thumbsup:

·
Registered
431 Posts
that was the biggest load of shit i have ever had the displeasure of watching. to concede a goal like that against 10 men is dire

·
Registered
27,401 Posts
because the second goal took a deflection of the defender, then the keeper made a save and the ball bounced off the crossbar to the ground and then went in.

·
Registered
69,969 Posts
Why not? It´s a shot by him and it ended in goal. It´s a bit idiotic to question that. It´s a simple goal with a deflection.

Anyway, his goal in minute 93 was classy.

·
Registered
27,401 Posts
It should be an own goal, it is not idiotic to question the hattrick, but it is to call it a simple goal.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts