Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome, Sporting Fans!

This is just a few words on how I'll moderate the board. Any topic is welcome provided they don't degenerate into pure bashing. It's okay to get angry and even mildly insulting, but it has to have some point. Simply calling Porto/Benfica fans ****heads or whatever is uncalled for. As for the whole bribing/corruption thing, I'll allow it, but I'd like it to be a true discussion, not just baseless accusations. Re-hashing the same news report is boring and never fails to result in ugly arguments. Use you best judgement.
Aside from that, have fun and tell all the Sporting fans about the board. The more we have the stronger we are and the more interesting and informitive the discussions. This board is not only support for the team but information for people like myself who have limited access to Portuguese football. Let's make it the strongest board possible.

------------------
VIVA SPORTING!!!
FORZA MILAN!!!

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
well said....but tell me...there are certain people on this board that hate me...how will you reply to them? remember...some mother%^&#@* on this board called me a half-breed.

------------------
Forca Jardel!
Forca Porto!
Forca Portugal!

http://portista.socceralliance.com

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's their right to hate whomever they choose, but I have little patience for bull****. Believe me, I'll allow what is good discussion even if it offends at times. What I won't allow is outright attacks on other people. If statements or comments are made on the board then the maker should be ready for backlash etc...(eg. stupid fan violence comments, or claiming Rio Ave is the greatest team of all time etc..). However, picking fights is a waste of time. I'm solely interested in lively football debates. Anything in that vain (while remaining farily civil) is fine by me. Personal attacks for the sake of personal attacks have nothing to do with football. That can be taken to the "Flamers" section or whatever they call it.

------------------
VIVA SPORTING!!!
FORZA MILAN!!!

O

·
0 Posts
Wow!
What a champion of free speech! You should be running for the Libertarian pary.

Here's a little something.

It has been brought to my attention through a friend in the Portuguese media that Acosta before coming to Portugal was a big steroid and coccaine user. There are rumours within Portugal among reporters and within the halls of Avalade that he continues to take coke and steroids. Many in Lisbon have reported that they have seen or have been with Acosta when he buys or takes his coke. Unfortunately, Sporting is keeping these accusations hush-hush because of Sporting's and Acosta'a play of late. Wow would not that be a let down to know that if your team wins it is because of performance enhancing drugs.

Daeone, I hope in the name of free speech you don't erase this posting. Since you are such a huge, and I mean huge, proponent of free speech I hope you don't let those fascist tendencies get the best of you.

[This message has been edited by Ola (edited 27-03-2000).]

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man, you're a sarcastic bastard! I'm famous for my own sarcasm, but you may have me beat. One question, Why would I delete this? I don't know about all this free-speech crap you're shouting about. To me, a post is a post so long as it's not simply an attempt to start the insult throwing. I would have hoped, however, that you might have a source for the info. I believe that is the same thing you cry about when people mention the Porto officials who bribe referees. Anyhow, where did you here this? It's interesting since Acosta is supposed to be big/fat. Oh, by the way, cocaine isn't a performance enhancing drug and I don't see anything in his physique to hint at steroids. Could it be you simply wish your team had fat goal scoring machines!! LOL!!!

------------------
VIVA SPORTING!!!
FORZA MILAN!!!

O

·
0 Posts
Sarcasm, what's that?

Now, now, now. Don't make me wash your mouth with soap.
Don't you think it is inappropriate to call anyone a bastard? Especially you, the moderator of this forum!

As to my story, well I really don't think sources are necessary. After all, you and the other misguided tend to believe anything reported in those rags they call Sport newspapers in Portugal. You can say it's the Blind leading the blind!

One more thing, it's quite obvious you have never done coke before. Just ask Maradonna, he'll agree to its enhancing properties!

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Come on! If you've paid attention, and I think you have, I've never paid much attention to the bribing stories. I don't really care. Maybe I should book you on slander charges. Isn't that the law you keep spewing about every time somebody mentions the bribing thing? I'm beginning to think you just made up the story to start something with some of my bretheren who love these conspiracies. As for me, football is decided on the field.
As for Maradona, I think you'd admit he was essentially a waste for the last decade. Cocaine just makes you think you can do anything. What it really does is give you the ability to get fat and have heart attacks.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
gentleman............let us please relax. the fact of the matter is porto is the best team in portugal.

------------------
Forca Jardel!
Forca Porto!
Forca Portugal!

http://portista.socceralliance.com

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ola, I just want to clear things up before we proceed. Can we admit that we are both cut from the same cloth? You and I both speak our mind and are very sarcastic. Anything I say in your direction is simply to have fun and have a lively debate. I call it ****ing with someone. I think the gangsters call it "busting balls". Anyhow, I don't want to have to apologize every time I give you **** and vice versa. That would be boring. Speak your mind and I'll do the same and let's know that everything is in the spirit of friendly rivalry. Marcoa seemed to get the impression we were arguing and I don't feel that was the case. At least, it wasn't in my case.

O

·
0 Posts
YadaYadaYada!

The choice is simple.
First lets get over this s h i t of speaking your mind. Respect the accomplishments that my team, FCP, has done within the last decade and a bit and I respect your team and others.

I don't have a problem engaging in some verbal punches here and there for fun, but I do have a problem when certain individuals decide to take certain liberties and start spewing out lies. This s h i t about corruption is getting old! Being American, I believe in your country one is innocent until proven guilty so lets get over this juvenile crap of insinuating someone has achieved something because he has cheated.
I am more than willing to engage in the same juvenile crap if I have too.

------------------
Viva O Norte
Viva Porto
Viva Futebol Clube do Porto
Viva Pinto da Costa

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is this a joke? When did I insinuate anything? My previous post was serious. Either you misinterpreted it or you are actually a complete a s s h o l e. I hope it was the former and not the latter. Let me know which is the case. I am hoping you and I can rib each other in the name of fun. Since day one I have stated my respect for Porto, which is to this point the best Portugal has to offer. My record is pretty clear that I do not care or even believe the bribing rumors. If you cannot realize this then my question is already answered. All I want to get across is that I find you a worthy advirsary in the game of verbal sparring. Sometimes my humor can be taken as serious and I want to avoid that. I guess you are simply too used to being attacked from other Benfica/Sporting fans and cannot tell true commradarie when you see it. At least, I'm hoping that is the case.

O

·
0 Posts
Not only have you called me a 'Bastard', but now you've called me an '*******'.

Geez you are off to great start as the moderator of this forum.

Buddy, profanity directed at someone is not allowed in this forum.

[This message has been edited by Ola (edited 27-03-2000).]

·
Registered
964 Posts
Ola did you know Jardel & Deco are gay.It must be a Porto thing .Anyway if you want to talk rubbish talk about it on the main forum.
We dont want your crap here.
This is the site for winners not cheaters so go and talk bulls**t on the Porto forum.

·
International
5,629 Posts
Daeone, great introduction to the Sporting Board.

As far as the people that one day are denouncing bribery remarks as defamation and slander, and the next day they are defaming and slandering Acosta, well you can obviously realize that first they are hipocrites, and secondly they lack the foundation to form well thought arguments.

So my suggestion is to simply ignore all that is spewed by such individuals and this way your board can be a great place to visit.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ola, I'll say a last few words about this and then if you cannot understand where I am coming from then I really have no interest in continuing. First, I used the word bastard in jest as in "What a funny bastard!" Maybe where you come from it is a more serious word, but I didn't mean it as an insult. Second, I did not call you an *******. I said you must be either misunderstanding where I am coming from or you are simply so disagreeable that you could be considered an *******. If you re-read my posts you will find that I was attempting, through some humor, to joke with you and perhaps start some sort of friendship. Maybe you find it impossible to befriend anyone who is not a Portista. If so, then I pity you because you take this way too seriously. Marcoa and I seem to have become friendly and I hoped the same would be true between us. You decide whether you want to be friendly rivals or whether you simply choose to be angry and antagonistic. I did not appreciate the "Yada Yada yada" response to what I had intended to be a real extension of friendhsip. I also did not appreciate you casting aside my offer to speak our minds as s h i t. If you misunderstood the intent of my previous post then I apologize for whatever insults you may have felt. If you understood my intent and simply cast it aside with rude remarks then my previous comments still hold. I hope you can re-evaluate the situation (re-read the posts) and accept my invitation to be friendly rivals.

[This message has been edited by daeone (edited 27-03-2000).]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.