Xtratime Community banner

7661 - 7673 of 7673 Posts

·
Registered
44,358 Posts
Chicago Fire are currently second in the Eastern Conference and the second best team by some distance in the whole of MLS.

From worst to second best in nine months is pretty good from Paunović. He's been smart and used his contacts in Europe in order to sign players who'll give the team a jump in quality. It's hilarious to see how Schweinsteiger is five steps ahead of every single player on the pitch :D

Nikolić is scoring lots of goals (and missing chances as well) while Accam is finally injury free. The funny thing is that they have five players who've scored goals this season and they're up to 30 so far :D

·
Registered
40,649 Posts
Chicago Fire are currently second in the Eastern Conference and the second best team by some distance in the whole of MLS.

From worst to second best in nine months is pretty good from Paunović. He's been smart and used his contacts in Europe in order to sign players who'll give the team a jump in quality. It's hilarious to see how Schweinsteiger is five steps ahead of every single player on the pitch :D

Nikolić is scoring lots of goals (and missing chances as well) while Accam is finally injury free. The funny thing is that they have five players who've scored goals this season and they're up to 30 so far :D
And another big win, this time over Vancouver, 4-0 and now Fire are in first position. :proud:

Nikolic much more clinical this time around, also bagged a nice assist to former Groningen man De Leeuw who got his first goal.

Paun really turned things around and you can clearly see his mark on the side. This man is destined for greatness. :strong:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yeah hilarious yet I didn't see schweinsteiger hardly in any of the highlights. His stats for the year don't look too impressive either for a guy 5 steps ahead of everyone else

·
Registered
44,358 Posts
Yeah hilarious yet I didn't see schweinsteiger hardly in any of the highlights. His stats for the year don't look too impressive either for a guy 5 steps ahead of everyone else
I'd suggest that you actually watch their games instead of relying on highlights (where the MLS don't even show all relevant plays) and statistics. Schweinsteiger plays as a defensive midfield organizer and he's always several steps ahead of everyone he plays against and that goes for positioning before receiving the ball for an example. 70% of the players are probably fitter but it means little when they don't know how to execute things and choose correctly. That's how he creates space for himself and his teammates for them to be able to operate further up the pitch. Be it finding a better position from where he could make long diagonals to open up the opposing defence so the players in the final third can take advantage of their best skills infront of goal or knowing when he's supposed to make what sort of pass.

Statistics are just a tool, not something you should rely completely on when judging a player or his importance for the team. Many things aren't even reflected in the statistics. Football is much more than that, especially if you have a player of that intelligence and experience. He's seen the movie 1000 times before and relies on his previous experiences to make the team better.

I wish Serbia had a player who has half of that knowledge and execution. It's not a coincidence Chicago Fire have improved because of his presence.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
I'm glad to see he settled in at Chicago (even though he's prone to, at once, complain about long ball teams while delivering more long balls himself than most other players on his position).

Mourinho treated him like shit, and Schweinsteiger definitely did not deserve the disrespect.

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Paunovics chicago fire team is getting slapped by Toronto 2-0 in the 26th minute. Katai is nokt getting any support

·
Registered
44,358 Posts
Željko Buvač has left Liverpool for the remainder of the season..

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
I found BillyBobs picture

Attachments

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
According to Marca, Bayern will trigger the €85m release clause of world champion Lucas Hernández and sign him in January!

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
7661 - 7673 of 7673 Posts