Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 7673 Posts

·
Registered
27,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, it is finally here, the grand opening of the thread for discussion of football leagues/teams/players accross Europe and overseas. Thanks to the mods for giving me the "go ahead" for this thread, and a special thanks to Aleks for lobbying my idea to the mods. :smileani: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
27,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What do you guys think will become of Barcelona? Will Eto'o leave, what about Ronaldinho? I know Ac Milan want him, it would be interesting to see him play in Italy.

·
Registered
27,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
red star forever said:
You've done it. :eek:

Congratulations! :thmbup: :)
not without your help. :smileani:

Now watch this thread get 5 replies in 2 months. I will officially retire from this forum in shame.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Serb said:
What do you guys think will become of Barcelona? Will Eto'o leave, what about Ronaldinho? I know Ac Milan want him, it would be interesting to see him play in Italy.
Someone's getting sold for sure.

How do you fit:

Henry, Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Messi, Deco, Xavi, Iniesta all on the same team

·
Registered
27,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Marko3 said:
Someone's getting sold for sure.

How do you fit:

Henry, Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Messi, Deco, Xavi, Iniesta all on the same team
Yeah, I think Eto'o and Xavi might leave. As well as Giuly, my fav Barca player, after Zambrotta.

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
I think Barca are trying to give Giuly away, he is definately not staying.
I think Eto'o might stay though, but who knows. They are definately stacked, especially now with Henry, but I think there could still be enough room for everyone as long as they keep in mind the whole 'team' aspect.
Zambrotta could be on his way back to Italy (Milan) considering how Barca are basically sure to be signing Abidal from Lyon shortly.
I'm just curious how Real will react as I seriously think Mijatovic and Calderon are going to make a big signing, epecially now that their biggest rivals just added a star like Henry.

In other news, I heard Chivu is leaving Roma for Inter after turning down Barca :eek:

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Eto'o has said he wants to stay though he's been linked with pretty much every big club in Europe.
Ronaldinho to go? Milan came out and said that they had a £47m deal agreed with Barca for him and he got booed by sections of Barca fans apparently.
I dunno how all 4 can play but if they can then it will be awesome to watch.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I hope Milan get Zambrotta he would be perfect on the left, and I don't see a reason why Eto'o could not be on Milan. They're the current champs, they need somebody up front, (Pippo-getting old and Gila- dissapointing)and having him there would make their game more lethal. However, I don't see Roni going to Milan he would fit but at times he hangs on the ball to much and Milan is more of a team rather than person oriented team.

I think the big catch should be Saviola, he's still young and impressive and if I were Milan or any other team I would go after this guy instead.

·
Registered
27,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
deki94 said:
I hope Milan get Zambrotta he would be perfect on the left, and I don't see a reason why Eto'o could not be on Milan. They're the current champs, they need somebody up front, (Pippo-getting old and Gila- dissapointing)and having him there would make their game more lethal. However, I don't see Roni going to Milan he would fit but at times he hangs on the ball to much and Milan is more of a team rather than person oriented team.

I think the big catch should be Saviola, he's still young and impressive and if I were Milan or any other team I would go after this guy instead.
:confused:

Saviola is a chronic underachiever.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
As in the current European Champs! As for Saviola, go ahead but as for the rest of us we'll accept his talent.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Transfers - 26/6 2007:

Miroslav Klose - From SV Werder Bremen to FC Bayern Münich for around 10 million Euros.
Yaya Touré - From AS Monaco to FC Barcelona for 9 million Euros (It could raise to 13 million depending on results)
Christian Abbiati - From AC Milan to Club Atlético de Madrid SAD on a 1 year loan.
Diego López - From Real Madrid Castilla to Villareal CF for 5 million Euros
David Suazo - From Cagliari to FC Internazionale for about 10 million Euros

Rumours - 26/6 2007:

Rafael Marquez - Atlético Madrid's manager Javier Aguirre is interested in Barcelonas CB/DM according to SPORT.
Ludovic Giuly - Olympique Marseille and AS Roma are both interested in buying him. The later team wants him as a part of the Christian Chivu-deal that's coming up in summer most likely.
Diego Forlán - Valencia CF wants him and Villareal still wants 23 million Euros for him, other clubs interested in him are Atlético de Madrid, Liverpool, Arsenal, Aston Villa and FC Barcelona
Thiago Motta - Wanted by AC Milan even though Galliani has said he isn't going to go for him

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Well i think Eto'o and Ronaldinho will stay at Barcelona, as Milan would have already signed Rondaldinho and Eto'o announced in an interview that hes not leaving Barca.

I think that if Barca keep the two they will play a formation like:

------------------Valdes-----------------------
Zambrotta----Puyol--Marquez/Chivu---Bronchorst
---------------Toure---Xavi--------------------
---Messi---------------------------Ronaldinho--
-------------Eto'o------Henry------------------

If Zvezda are to qualify for the CL i hope we dont get this team.

·
♣ ♠ ♣ ♠ ♣ ♠ &#
4,315 Posts
We finally got ourselves a general football thread :eek:

Serb said:
...and a special thanks to Aleks for lobbying my idea to the mods. :smileani: :thumbsup:
Glad I could help out bro :proud: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Slobo said:
Well i think Eto'o and Ronaldinho will stay at Barcelona, as Milan would have already signed Rondaldinho and Eto'o announced in an interview that hes not leaving Barca.

I think that if Barca keep the two they will play a formation like:

------------------Valdes-----------------------
Zambrotta----Puyol--Marquez/Chivu---Bronchorst
---------------Toure---Xavi--------------------
---Messi---------------------------Ronaldinho--
-------------Eto'o------Henry------------------

If Zvezda are to qualify for the CL i hope we dont get this team.
I believe Marquez will leave, or at leat he won't play in the starting eleven as I can't see Barcelona not buying a new CB. Thuram wasn't what they expected in 06/07 so Chivu will most likely play there.

Offensively it's a managers wet dream to have all these players upfront :smileani:

1 - 20 of 7673 Posts