Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright guys. Time to face them in Turkey. I don't think Prandelli will play with the same team, I really belive he will play with our regular team. We have a good chance to win this game then.

I would like to see this team on field:

___________Gilardino

___Bresciano - Morfeo - Marchionni

______Donadel - Barone

Seric - Castellini - Ferrari - Bonera
_____________Frey

1-0 isn't much to hold on. All we need to do is winning with 2-1 and we are the better team with a regular startline. I really don't want us to lose to a sh!tty team again. We have done that for some years one. It's a shame that we have such a thin squad.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
I don't think Prandelli will play a full strength team...:(

I'm already looking forward to Modena to be perfectly honest.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also forgat to write that Gencler lost their latest game in the league. 4-1!:)

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GaGa said:
I don't think Prandelli will play a full strength team...:(

I'm already looking forward to Modena to be perfectly honest.

The game against Modena is very important, but we need a win before that game to raise the moral in the squad.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Professor X said:
The game against Modena is very important, but we need a win before that game to raise the moral in the squad.
Yeah I know...but...Prandelli like to be safer...he won't gamble again...like in the first leg.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GaGa said:
Yeah I know...but...Prandelli like to be safer...he won't gamble again...like in the first leg.
The guy has rested 4 days before this game and can play I think. He rested them last game so I think he will play with them in this. At least I hope so!:)

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
If he doesn't go for this game then what the hell are we fighting for? We won't make the CL with this squad, one injury & we are pathetic. So yes, in the league we are fighting for the UEFA Cup. Can anybody else see the irony in going for a UEFA Cup place whilst not even trying in the competition? It's just ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
BTW, any news on Gilardino's injury? Would he manage to play the 2nd leg?

Anyway, I predict that we would be out of the UEFA cup very soon... :rolleyes:

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Personally, I would rather beat Modena this Sunday, then risk tiredness midweek. I think he should of gone to win last weeks match, and to just hold the lead this week.

However, I think he will field a stronger side, but overall I think we will come away with a draw, possibly 1-1?

Is Degano, registered for UEFA competitions?

________________ Degano

_______ Carbone _ Rosina _ Zicu

_________ Donadel _ Barone

_ Potenza _ Ferrari _ Cannavaro _ Castellini

______________ Frey

We can still field a side to win, and rest Bresciano and Bonera, Gilagol and Marchionni, who have all just returned from injuries or tiredness.

·
Registered
45,520 Posts
cam said:
So yes, in the league we are fighting for the UEFA Cup. Can anybody else see the irony in going for a UEFA Cup place whilst not even trying in the competition? It's just ridiculous.
I thought the same when I watched the 1st crappy leg of UEFA Cup and no Italian club trying to win their match.

Unfortunately I would not be surprised to see the best players left out again in Turkey.
The best team can struggle and IMO succeed in overcome Gençler, while a team full of reserves (Degano, Cammarata, Rosina...) will lose for sure cause you are not Milan and your reserves are true reserves.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
cam said:
If he doesn't go for this game then what the hell are we fighting for? We won't make the CL with this squad, one injury & we are pathetic. So yes, in the league we are fighting for the UEFA Cup. Can anybody else see the irony in going for a UEFA Cup place whilst not even trying in the competition? It's just ridiculous.
Well it would be rediculous if it hadn't been for the whole Parmalat fiasco. Before the winterbreak we had a squad that could play both in the league and in the UEFA. Now we don't anymore.

I don't know whatwill happen in the summer, but if we do get a place in the UEFA cup (or even in the CL, if we want to dream) then I'm sure we will have a squad next season that is deep enough to play in both competitions, just like we had this season. Before Parmalat.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
We won't beat Gencler in Turkey with a reserve squad, and I really doubt if we can make it even with a full-squad considering the circumstances. Prandelli, wisely in my opinion, chose to practically give up the UEFA Cup. We just don't have the resources for both that and Serie A the way our roster ended up during the January window.

I think we will field a reserve squad, Gencler will go through and we will pursue our league ambitions.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Yes, it's a phucking shame that we had to be raided in January. Only after that I realize how good our squad was prior to that... :depress:

Oh well... At least we don't risk being relegated like Viola a few years ago.

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
This should be an interesting game. Gencler are great when they have to attack, but not when they have to defend a lead.
Parma can still go through.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Manny said:
This should be an interesting game. Gencler are great when they have to attack, but not when they have to defend a lead.
Parma can still go through.
Well as much as I wish that Prandelli will field a team to over-turn the 1-0 around we all know that he won't field a team to compete but use it as a chance to check out players that don't play much for Parma.

Not taking anything away from the players that will play but it will only be a chance to impress Prandelli. But stranger things have happened in football so we'll see how things pan out. Juve knocked out a full strength Arsenal, 2 seasons ago with their reserve side.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Amiumtaur said:
Personally, I would rather beat Modena this Sunday, then risk tiredness midweek. I think he should of gone to win last weeks match, and to just hold the lead this week.

However, I think he will field a stronger side, but overall I think we will come away with a draw, possibly 1-1?

Is Degano, registered for UEFA competitions?

________________ Degano

_______ Carbone _ Rosina _ Zicu

_________ Donadel _ Barone

_ Potenza _ Ferrari _ Cannavaro _ Castellini

______________ Frey

We can still field a side to win, and rest Bresciano and Bonera, Gilagol and Marchionni, who have all just returned from injuries or tiredness.
4 trequartista's? And Potenza can't play in UEFA as I know. One thing is sure, if we we want to win this one we have to field Alberto Gilardino.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
These players travel to Turkey:

Goalkeepers: Amelia, Frey, Vanin
Defenders: Benarrivo, Bonera, Cannavaro, Camara, Cannavaro, Castellini, Ferrari, Oyola
Midfielders: Barone, Bresciano, Donadel, Marchionni, Sorti
Strikers: Cammarata, Degano, Gibbs, Gilardino, Rosina

Predicted team by Marco:

Frey - Castellini, Ferrari, Cannavaro, Benarrivo - Rosina, Barone, Donadel, Bresciano - Cammarata, Gilardino

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
I think:

-------------------------- Frey

Bonera --- Cannavaro --- Ferrari ---- Castellini

-------------- Donadel ---- Barone ----------------

------ Marchionni --- Rosina --- Bresciano ------

----------------------- Gilardino ---------------------

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
A question: How did we play on Sunday against Roma in defence? Castellini on the left like Gaga posted in the previous post or Paolo Cannavaro was the left back?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts