Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 1008 Posts

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
An easy draw....i expect a 10-0 aggregate for Gencler....;)

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alrite well if gencler, likewise, dont lose any of their useful payers, they should place a good ol' threat...

they r gonna need to build their offense and defense though, offense with some transfers and defense with just more fixing with, no more need of playas...but baki mercimek is better than bozkurt imo, so he should continue paying and build a nice backline with deniz baris and el saka...

in midfield, the team has two perfect wingers for the team, who go back and do some defendin of their own...but in the center, there are two defending playmakers with skoko and serkan, no attacking mid or real sub for ahmad hassan...
and for striking, i'd play three strikers if the coach can't find that attacking midfielder, the three bein the two athletic and speedy youla and cansun, and the experienced ozkan in between...

parma betta watch out, their underestimation is gonna kill them! :D

·
*the drum drum*
42,804 Posts
Gençler could hammer them on the day, but could also be frustrated in the home leg by a stubborn defence..

Anyway, there's 2-3 months until the game, why's this thread open so early? :D

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Any of you with access to Serie A, watch the Hamsters vs. Juventus at Delle Alpi tomorrow night - should give you an idea of exactly what they are made of. ;) Not that they're going to beat Juve or anything - but you should see this game just to assess your position, 10-0 on aggregate eh.

Gençlerbirligi may have the tools but this Parma is pretty explosive I tell ya!

I think you guys have instilled some fear into the Parma fans at their forum, they are now overestimating Gençler IMO! Thanks alot! :tongue:

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:D they r pretty unpredictable...

gencler have to be lucky to have this a day of their goods :cool: cuz when they aren't on their day, it looks like they just dont care :eek:

earlier the better :D this way more and more updates and ther new transfers, new arrangements, how it affects this damn game gencler might end up losing :howler:

i expect youla to be the hero!

·
*the drum drum*
42,804 Posts
Bob, we're not underestimating Parma..

I'll tell you this, Parma is favourite..
But if Gençler get through, they'll make some headlines in the progress... They won't go through with a 2-1 aggregate that looks like just another upset...
If they get through, they'll truly prove that they deserved it..

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have a feeling it will be some high scoring upset...
but u kno players like youla and adriano will bang some in...

parma have a pretty good counter from what i read...genclerbirliig need to adjust their defense more to this...instead their defense goes striking and midfielding with the ret of them...

·
*the drum drum*
42,804 Posts
High scoring, whether it's a win or a loss... That's pretty much all we can guess now :D

Baki and Deniz are doing well together at the back (when Deniz checks the mirror and knows beforehand that he's not Youla).. If Parma centralise too much on Adriano upfront, they can minimise the damage he does..
But when team's push forward with 3-4 players on the break, that's when Gençler can look very shaky..

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
I'll tell you this, Parma is favourite..
But if Gençler get through, they'll make some headlines in the progress... They won't go through with a 2-1 aggregate that looks like just another upset...
If they get through, they'll truly prove that they deserved it....
I agree with that, Genclerbirligi was not the favorite against B.Rovers or S.Lizbon but they managed to get pass them.

I hope trend goes on:cool:

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tolga said:
High scoring, whether it's a win or a loss... That's pretty much all we can guess now :D

Baki and Deniz are doing well together at the back (when Deniz checks the mirror and knows beforehand that he's not Youla).. If Parma centralise too much on Adriano upfront, they can minimise the damage he does..
But when team's push forward with 3-4 players on the break, that's when Gençler can look very shaky..
considerin the defense's similarity to last year's crew where they held fener to a 3-3 draw, i think their defense will hold finely against parma...although the italian attack is blisterin...

then again, the crew that held fener's counter attackin side to 3-3 really only had a one man defense :D thats the day i started making deniz baris my favorite turk defender, this guy can take on 3 attackers at once :D

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
as for baki, he popped up out of nowhere in the U21 and was already good :D but if deniz and baki both play (both play similar) then el saka will have to up his sweepin...cuz bozkurt wont be in the sweepin aid anymore...

here's my scoreline for the first leg, 3-3, goals by (youla, deniz baris, el saka) :howler:

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Tolga said:

With Marchionni & Bresciano both on the wings, & Junior's piercing runs from left back (Serie A has also improved his defensive ability hugely:)) there's no worry of us playing long balls up the middle to Adriano.

Out of interest what is the Gencler defence like? Are they quick & light or big fat strong slow buggers?:D It may seem like a slightly weird question, but with a weaker defence Adriano could power through, but if they are the latter then Morfeo could well run rings around them.

If this team is anywhere NEAR as good as you lot say they are then I for one cannot wait for this game because it sound like it will be a high-scorer no matter which side comes out on top.

Which'll Parma;)

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
their defense is the same version as bjk's...three central defender's who r good enuff to make it seem like there r four...

look like this, with the central the sweeper and the other two the r&l center backs:
------------baki merci--el saka--deniz baris
deniz baris could be the fastest and most stable defender in turkey, the only thing wrong with him is his hair :howler: the afro cut just aint working :howler:

baki mercimek is similar, jus more muscles :D not as fast but i say the two r similar in most aspects...

el saka is pretty damn good, the egyptian can man-mark awesumly, his best against umit karan and ilhan...

all three r the same height, all around 1.85-1.87, but still hav pretty damn good speed...

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the only prob for the defense is their constant attackin...most of the time it looks like this:

----------------------------GK
---------------------------baki
------------------------MIDFIELD
--------------------el saka--deniz
-------------------------ATTACK

:D
they like to attack way too much, the whole team only knows how to attack...its y they get 3 goal games to 6 goal games...

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dont forget their goalie...gokhan is an awesum and young shot blocker, and has lots of experience for his 23 year age...he's reliable fo shizzle...
he has aggresiveness too...he reminds me of lee-woon jae :proud: :proud:

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
yeah they attack like maniacs and are good enough to score too.
Just this week they score 3 goals again in league competition.
They scored 3 against their opponents in almost all games in UEFA competition as well.

But this feature also leaves them susceptible in defence.

·
*the drum drum*
42,804 Posts
cam said:
With Marchionni & Bresciano both on the wings, & Junior's piercing runs from left back (Serie A has also improved his defensive ability hugely:)) there's no worry of us playing long balls up the middle to Adriano.

Out of interest what is the Gencler defence like? Are they quick & light or big fat strong slow buggers?:D It may seem like a slightly weird question, but with a weaker defence Adriano could power through, but if they are the latter then Morfeo could well run rings around them.

If this team is anywhere NEAR as good as you lot say they are then I for one cannot wait for this game because it sound like it will be a high-scorer no matter which side comes out on top.

Which'll Parma;)
Their big, tall and strong thugs...
They like their men to come straight at them, when they can hti them hard in a 50-50 challenge..

Out on the wings...
Ersun hoca might have Ali Tandogan and someone on the left (Filip Daems maybe) playing more defensively...

Tandogan vs Junior should be interesting..

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
that would be interesting...

flip deams is that kind of left back-left winger, and he is amazin...

but this wont be all that until they get that playmaker...they cant keep relying on thre playin of the others...so, from turkey, maybe they can get timucin :D i hope ersun gets someone...

anyway, even without that player, this team has an overwhelmin attack...

1 - 20 of 1008 Posts