Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
International
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry for the late thread. I was out of town.

Anyway, Bahrain defeated UAE 2-1, and Saudi scored twice against Oman to beat them 2-0.

Bahrain's 1st Goal
Bahrain's 2nd Goal
UAE's Only Goal

Saudi's 1st Goal
Saudi's 2nd Goal

The Standings:-
Code:
[b]
                  P W D L F A Pts [/b]
1. Qatar          4 4 0 0 6 1 12 
2. Saudi Arabia   4 3 1 0 7 2 10 
3. Bahrain        4 1 1 2 3 5 4 
4. Oman           4 1 0 3 4 6 3 
5. UAE            4 1 0 3 2 5 3 
6. Kuwait         4 0 2 2 2 5 2

·
International
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bahrain - UAE Match Report

RIYADH, January 27 (DSA) - Bahrain were too strong for the United Arab Emirates despite the fact that for the third time during this tournament a Bahrain player was sent off. Meanwhile they still needed a last-gasp strike to net the winner in stoppage time.
Bahrain looked the more composed side in the first half, as they had the bulk of ball possession, and ended it on a 1-0 slender lead, thanks to a towering header by centre forward Hussein Ali. The forward beat the keeper from a close range after receiving a brilliant cross from Salman Eissa.
The Emirates equalized on 77th minute. Bahraini goalkeeper rushed out of his 18-yard box to floor the sizzling Salman Eissa just outside the box and was shown a red card by Saudi referee Youssouf Al-Aqili. Skipper Abdulrahman Ibrahim didn't make any mistake from the free-kick, sending stand-in keeper Abdulaziz Eissa Bouhajia the wrong way from a well-curled effort, 1-1.
Despite playing the remaining 23 minutes against a 10-man side, UAE failed to capitalize on their advantage to claim the three points, before Salman Eissa notched the winner, four minutes into stoppage time, after beating the off-side trap and the advanced keeper with sheer finesse, Bahrain's first victory in four matches so far.

·
International
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Saudi - Oman Match Report

RIYADH, January 27 (DSA) - Gulf Cup hosts Saudi Arabia netted once in each half to claim a decisive 2-0 victory over Oman on Sunday, cutting Qatar's lead in the standings to one point. This was by far the Saudis' most convincing display in the competition. Keeper Mohamed Al-Deayyea wasn't tested even once throughout the 90 minutes, while the hosts missed two fabulous chances to widen the score in the last 10 minutes of the thrilling second half. Ibrahim Mater Al-Harbi and substitute Saad Al-Zahrani hit the woodwork on 78 and 93 minutes.
Meanwhile the Omanis offered their rivals an excellent opportunity to open the score on the 11th minute. Walid Al-Husseini's weak clearance paved the way for Hassan Al-Yami to net from a close-range, taking his tally to three goals in four matches.
The Saudis increased the pressure over their rivals after the break, as a consequence 25-year-old striker Abdullah Al-Jamman added the second from a 25-yard free-kick.

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Hi everyone..

Ok.. points about the Saudi - Oman game:

1) By far their best performance.. although there still are many mistakes that should be attended to..

2) Al Mohammady is playing in a style that is SO similar to Al Gahwaji.. which is encouraging.. of course he still lacks Al Gahwaji's big occasion magic and skill.. but he's getting there.

3) Abdulla Al Jam3an.. Well.. the least I can say is.. I'm enjoying watching him.. he's a live, walking, talking comedy show!! I swear at first I was getting pissed by his "shoot at site even if you're shooting a goal kick!!" technique.. but slowly.. my anger turned into laughter.. the guy is unbelievable!! I can bet he has no idea where he's shooting.. His goal was a good well taken free kick.. but from his other tries.. I can bet that what he's doing is simply.. close your eyes and shoot!!!

4) Al Yami is by far the most intelligent player in the Saudi team.. followed by Mater!! Sami was invisible in this game.. other than the 93rd minute pass.. he did nothing !! (Sorry Nero.. but he was so bad yesterday)..

5) Good to see the Saudi team improve on the Hilal rule.. yesterday.. 6 Hilali's started instead of 7!! kinda gives us hope by the time we reach June :D

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Wow.. Some really nice goals !

Especially, Saudi's second, UAE's goal and Bahrain's second ! Really beautiful !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts