Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
International
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oman shocked Kuwait, one of the favorties to win this GC, by beating them 3-1 :eek: Hani Al Dhabet scored all three goals. :cool: He is one hell of a striker. Jassim Al Huwaidy scored Kuwait's goal. Anyway, this will really open the race for this tournament title. :)

Oman's 1st Goal
Oman's 2nd Goal Oman's 3rd Goal

Kuwait's Goal

·
International
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hani Al Dhabit scored a hat-trick to guide Oman to a shock 3-1 win over defending champions Kuwait in the Gulf Cup at the King Fahd Stadium yesterday.

Al Dhabit struck in the 66th, 71st and 90th minutes as an inspired Oman joined Qatar and the United Arab Emirates at the top of the tournament standings.

The margin of Oman's upset win could have been bigger, but Nasir Zayd failed to convert from a spotkick in the 21st minute.

Oman, beaten by UAE 1-0 on Thursday, dominated right from the start and their positive approach frequently forced the tentative Kuwait defence to back-pedal.

Kuwait, nine times Gulf champions, created a few opportunities of their own but failed to take advantage up front.

For Oman, it was their first victory over Kuwait in 13 Gulf Cup meetings, although three of the games have ended as draws.

Oman had a golden chance to go 1-0 up in the 21st minute, but Kuwait goalkeeper Nawaf Al Khalidi dived to his right to punch away Zayd's spotkick.

The penalty was awarded after Oman's main striker Taqi Mubarak was tripped inside the box by a Kuwaiti defender.

Oman were now determined to make up for the wasted opportunity and two goals in five minutes from Al Dhabit changed the complexion of the game.

Jasim Al Huwaidi scored for Kuwait from a freekick in the 80th minute, but Oman remained unruffled as Al Dhabit completed the surprise win with his third on 90 minutes.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
My dad was celebrating the goals like he is an Omani guy :D:D

·
Registered
354 Posts
7ayyoh el3omani 7ayyoh

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
GOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAALLL Haaaaaaaaaaani al dhaaaaaaaaabiiittt
makes it 3/1 for OMAN :) :cool: :strong:

wow a VERY exciting match it was :)

i was watching the match in a lebanese restaurant on a huge TV .. many fellow omanis were there and in restaurants nearby on the same street

it was a wonderful celebration :)

we first JUMPED when Hani scored the first goal :happy:
then the second ruined my voice!!!! :D

but when Kuwat scored its goal, we were so .. so .. :groan: :stress: :irritate: :googly: !!!!!

we thought they'd make it (as usual!), and score in the dead time!! it happened several times that Oman leads, then Kuwat draws in the dead time.. its funny how we omani used to waste important victories easily!!

BUT .... :cool: .. this time it was different :cool:

our Hani scored a fabelous goal that REALLY made us jump from our sites and shout GOOOOAAALL GOOOOAAALLL :happy: :howler:

alhamdulilah we really needed it .. i knew that we'd defeat Kuwait! i said that to my friends after the good match against UAE :)

ya allah! it was just great :) .. lets hope we'd continue like this.. a 3rd place is satisfactory :)

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Hani = Gold...

The guy is simply one of the best strikers in the arab world...

Mabrook for Oman..they were a walk in the park in recent times..now they are a very stubborn sie ....

·
Registered
198 Posts
Rebel-25 said:
Hani = Gold...

The guy is simply one of the best strikers in the arab world...
I know you guys are all over-excited and all....but lets not try to over-exaggerate!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Well I am not from Oman or even from the whole GULF ( elhamdolelah ) :D:D:tongue::tongue:....so my opinion is not biased .. he is one of the best strikers in the arabic world.....thats my opinion.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
775 Posts
oooh
iam from kuwait
but kuwait team now is...................................................
and Jose luis pirri:
are you a member from alazraq.com??? AL DEWANYAH??
anyway iam:)
wala hasafaa kuwait couldnt do something coz we have the worest ever striker jassim al howaydee and teh defence but the Gk is the best

·
International
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am not a member of Al Azraq Dewaneya, but I visit there often and get the goals from there :) It's a great website, I wish Bahrain had a similar one :rolleyes:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Oman played well, but what was shocking was Kuwait. Even when they have a crappy team they play with a lot of heart in the Gulf Cup, but not this time.

UAE used to be the weakest link until Oman joined the Gulf Cup, and since Yemen will play in GulfCup 16 in Kuwait it looks like Oman will become a contender for one of the top positions, and Yemen will finish dead last!

·
Registered
775 Posts
heheh iam a member long time ago my nick is B E C K H A M 7 why dont u sign its cool there:) u r from bahrain bahrain will beat kuwait coz it7adna Fashl ayshy saka mas'7raa la3ben makoo roo7 hag al fanelah fdaa2 for it tadheya wala lanhom ayshy kuwait will take number 5

·
Registered
354 Posts
Dossary said:
Oman played well, but what was shocking was Kuwait. Even when they have a crappy team they play with a lot of heart in the Gulf Cup, but not this time.

well bro, i kinda disagree on this one!
bcoz even though u were down 0/2, kuwait fought back..
and u scored a goal!

then u were fighting for a second, until hani cleared the game

in my opinion, Kuwait lost the match bcoz they underestimated Oman.. especially after drawing with Saudi and seeing oman loose to emirates

after the 2 goals, u tried.. but hani was faster ...

anyway, u have 9 titles!! we have nothing yet! :D

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
UV333 said:

well bro, i kinda disagree on this one!
bcoz even though u were down 0/2, kuwait fought back..
and u scored a goal!

then u were fighting for a second, until hani cleared the game

in my opinion, Kuwait lost the match bcoz they underestimated Oman.. especially after drawing with Saudi and seeing oman loose to emirates

after the 2 goals, u tried.. but hani was faster ...

anyway, u have 9 titles!! we have nothing yet! :D
Good post BRO..but far I know Dossary is from saudia arabia :D

·
Registered
319 Posts
I think it's obvious that I'm Saudi (the teams I support). Actually Kuwait didn't play good at all. There wasn't even half chances in the second half. The goal came from a silly mistake by the goalie and another chance later on was from a cross that an Omani player almost scored on his team. Compare that with the way Kuwait played against us. Man, they could have easily scored four goals.

Good Luck against Qatar tomorrow. You will get passed them if you beat them!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts