Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
International
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The match started 15 mins ago. Still 0-0. Youssif 3amer scored for Bahrain but it was ruled out for offside. It was clearly not an offside :(

·
International
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Goal Saudi 1-0. In the 15th minute. Al Hassan Al Yami scored. It was deflected off Mohammed Salmeen and it lobbed over the Bahraini goalie.

·
International
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Saudi 2 Bahrain 0. Al Yami scored again. One on one with the goalie, and he lobbed him and scored. 33rd minute.

·
International
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Goal Bahrain :) 2-1. Rashid Jamal scored in the 65th minute.

·
International
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Goal Saudi in the last minute. Sami Al jaber scored a great goal from far away, the ball hit the bar, but I don't if it cleared the goal line. Anyway, it's counted.

Bahrain are playing with 10 players too.

·
International
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bahrain suffered 3-1 defeat at Saudi Arabia in Gulf Cup

Shaky Saudi Arabia claimed a thoroughly-flattering 3-1 victory over 10-man Bahraini outfits on Sunday, to the sheer delight of German manager Rudi Voller, who attended the game right a few yards off the pitch.

Unlike what the final outcome would suggest, Bahrain, coached by German Wolfgang Sidka and boasting one of the most youngest sides in the tournament with their players age average nearing the 23-year mark, completely murdered them in the first half, thanks to their sheer enthusiasm and pure finesse, and showed their presence felt after the restart despite playing down to 10 men, after Italian referee Cosimo Bolognino showed the marching orders to their all-round midfielder Ibrahim Al-Mashkhas on stroke of half-time after a second bookable offense.

The Saudis, who claimed their third goal one minute into stoppage time thanks to a blistering 30-yard drive from their skipper Sami Al-Jaber - his lone pure effort throughout the 90 minutes - punished their opponents twice after 14 and 32 minutes, clinical finisher Hassan Al-Yami chipping the ball past keeper Abulrahman Abdulkarim after two defensive blunders, as the hosts relied on some dangerous counter-attacks with the visiting Reds in commanding form in midfield.

Bahrain, who found vastly-experienced keeper Mohamed Al-Deayyea (voted the game's Most Valuable Player) in an inspirational form, missed two fabulous chances to stay in the game during the first 45 minute, but ironically cut the gap while performing with 10-man in the 67th minute, fresh substitute Rashed Jamal rifling the bal past Al-Deayyea after cutting the opposite defensive line to pieces with a neat lay-off with sizzling winger Mohamed Salmeen.

Coach Nasser Al-Jawhar fielded anchorman Abdullah Al-Waked at the expense of two-goal hero Hassan Al-Yami later on in order to defend his side's 2-1 slender lead, before Al-Jaber's breathtaking drive from a long-range effort finally calmed a rather unsure 23,000 home faithfuls, securing Saudi Arabia their first win in the tournament following their inaugural 1-1 draw with Kuwait.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Very good teamwork from Bahrain (strange they are at the bottom right now) and one of the worst performances for KSA in a long time. However, Alyami and Al-Jamaan proved to be a good duo upfront, while Sami perfected the disappearing act for 90 mins.

The funny thing is that at a point of time, we had Sami, AlYami, Al-Meshaal and Al-Jezani all together in the field! I have never seen a team play with four attackers when up 2-0! Al-Johar thought the match was in the bag, and wanted another 4-0 routing, but it almost backfired.

BTW, Sami's goal did not cross the line, however, had the ref. not whistled, Al-Jizani would have simply nodded the ball in. The goalie was completely beaten and Jizani was only a few feet away from the empty goal.

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Hi everyone..

Well I few pointers from the game:

1. At first.. I thought the Bahraini player was 100% onside with that disallowed goal.. But the replay shows his arm was extended past the Saudi defender.. that is an offside...

2. Sami's goal was NOT a goal by any way.. The replay (top view) clearly showed that.. but as Dossary said.. Al Jizani would have had the easiest chance on earth to finish it off had it not gone in..

3. As someone said.. it's strange that Bahrain are bottom, they played extremely well.. and with a player less!!

4. Mohammed Al Doayae is the most important member of the Saudi team (BY FAAAAAAR!!).. Our whole defence is the worst part of the team!!

5. Abdulla Sulaiman was SUCCESSFULL in breaking HIS offside trap at least 4 times!!!

6. Al Hassan Al Yami is (IMHO) the ONLY intelligent outfield player in the Saudi NT.. His goals were very well taken.. I'm looking forward to an attack partnership with him and Talal AL Mish3al up front... (Ok.,. I know.. with the Hilal effect on the NT.. it won't happen)...

7. Just to point one thing out.. 7 out of the starting 11 for Saudi were from Al Hilal.. 3 in defence.. when.. Basim Al Yami (One of the few excellent defenders in the Kingdom) is out of the squad !!! And Abdulla Sulaiman is starting while he was a sub in Al Hilal!!

Anyway.. I think the Oman win was much more significant and worthwhile... Ours was simply.. flattering... :rolleyes:

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Ya I know..!! Maybe they should change our flag to blue and white.. so at least then, the players wouldn't have to change their uniform before a game :)

From what I heard.. Hassan Al Yammi won't play in the Qatar game.. why?? a pulled muscle.. Now I find it really impossible for a player with a full medical team to have a pulled muscle for THREE DAYS without it wearing off!!! It's like the basic injury and doesn't require that much.. but anyway.. that's what I've heard...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts