Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to la Gazzetta dello Sport, Sheva's advantage towards his main competitors Deco and Ronaldino is too big to be overcome. The Italian paper claims that Sheva is basically the winner of the trophy.

I cannot believe it, would be the first time since ages that the trophy would be awarded to the best player instead of the better marketing object :eek: I'd amazed.

Sure, it aint official yet, but I cannot recall that Gazzetta ever got the predictions of the trophy at this stage wrong.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I would wait till it is REALLY official.
And imo the Golden Ball is usually correctly awarded to the best player. (Nedved last season was well deserved)

·
Registered
59,987 Posts
Ronaldinho deserves it more IMHO.

Take off those red and black glasses for fecks sake.

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
Ronaldinho is indeed a great player and has a great year, especially with Barca. However, there are two things in fav of Sheva I think. 1st is consistency and inpact (Milan and Ukraine) and 2nd is tropheys won this year. I guess, it is clear.

·
Registered
345 Posts
We will see who deserves it.;)

·
Registered
59,987 Posts
bono said:
Ronaldinho is indeed a great player and has a great year, especially with Barca. However, there are two things in fav of Sheva I think. 1st is consistency and inpact (Milan and Ukraine) and 2nd is tropheys won this year. I guess, it is clear.
Then hand the Ballon D'Or to Deco ! He won 6 titles in two seasons at Porto !

It's the best "individual performance" not team performance that counts. :)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Sheva truly deserves it more than any other player this season and it would be a rightfully deserved award! Finally for the best and most complete and deadly striker in the world!:star:

FORZA VENTO DI PASSIONI!!!:star:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:

Honestly, Deco is in the list of few who I believe deserves it. He was the best player for Porto to win the CL, he was one of the best for Portugal to play final of the Euro, he won Port title, he was chosen the best CL player last season, he has a great season with Barca so far. And he is extremely skilful and a joy to watch.

What I meant by my remark is that Sheva deserves it, hands down, too. He won Scudetto, became top-goal scorer of Serie A last season, leads the same list right now, scores like a machine and scores beautiful, scored the winner against Baca, and is leading his NT Ukraine to 1st place in probably the most difficult WC group and just scored two against Turkey in Istanbul. The downside to it is that he didn’t play Euro, but same goes for Ronaldinho. And the latter hasn’t won anything yet. Also, I think Sheva level of consistency this year is simply unmatchable.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:

If that is it, then Milan won more presigious titles and in one of those beat his Porto. altough Milan "only" got 5 titles in that time.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Sheva is a vital player in big games, he won us all the big games we played over the past 2 seasons.

Milan V Real 1-0, scored the winner.
Milan V Inter 1-1, CL semi final, he kicked Inter out.
Milan V Juve, scored a valid goal. Nevermind, he was the MOM anyway.
Milan V Porto, Winner goal of SuperCup.
Milan V Lazio 3-0, Hat-trick in SuperCoppa.
Milan V Roma (both legs) scored all 3 goals in 2 games which gave Milan 6 pts from Roma.
Milan V Barca, scored the winner. Even in the defeat he managed to score.
Top scorer of Serie for the 2nd time, already top scorer now too. Top scorer of WC qualifying games too. Scorer of 19 goals in 20 games this season.

Ronaldinho is great no doubt but won nothing. He also showed his brilliance in La Liga only so far not everywhere, he had one great CL goal V Milan, it was a winner which's considered a key goal but then? Barca are 2nd to Milan in the group anyway. + Won nothing.

Another point Ronie plays in a team with better mids you see he recieve the ball 543857 times per game (Xavi Deco > Pirlo for sure) But this point isnt to be considered in the Golden Ball anyway.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Ronaldinho has not done that much this season, while Shevchenko has been the hottest striker around.
It's hilarious when commentators go wild over passes where Ronaldinho looks the other way. Once I saw him with only one passing option and he still looked in another direction before passing the ball to the obvious destination. And it was just a simple pass. It's just WTF!! Ridiculous! Showboating with no effect at all when it was just easier to look straight forward.
Ronaldinho is great though and will win the award sooner or later.
Even without my red and black glasses I think Sheva deserves it more this year.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
And how do you judge a great indivual? Not only by brilliance and few backheel passes but also with how vital the player was, what did he manage to win..

Kaka is even a more vital player to Brazil than Ronaldinho, he scores and assists more overall. Ronaldinho is definitly brilliant, but it's being effective that wins titles.

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
Truth is that most people who watch football but not exactly follow every game and all teh standings, etc, as we do will probably be on Ronaldinho side b/s of teh backhills, the charm, the tricks and so on. and the goals. I might be wrong but feedback I get from most friends who simply watch football from time to time, is "he is best thing I have seen since Maradona" and stuff like that.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Yeah but he's nearing 25 and won nothing yet. He better start winning as only trophies makes legends not skills..

Anyway, his time will come, he'll win this award in a year or two I believe, he's definitly a brilliant player. But he's not the best player in the world!

·
Registered
59,987 Posts
Sheva_Rules said:
Yeah but he's nearing 25 and won nothing yet.
Ever heard of the World Cup mate ? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
869 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:

this guy is telling us that sheva has not performed individually but just because of his team work behind him and the throphies won by milan

i'm :wallbang:

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
It would be nice if he was to win it. It would be nice to see another Milanista lifting the prize . Last time it was King Weah :proud: :heart:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts