Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Scudetto
23,460 Posts
TMW also has an English version, but the problem is, maybe only about 30% of the news is translated, and probably 10 hours late or so.

If Gazzetta can avoid this problem, then good job :thumbsup:

EDIT: I guess I've just proved my point, the English section has different headlines compared to the Italian :D

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
oh no! carson will strike again :scared:

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
who the crap puts a pink layout to a site? :googly: what is it? a kiddo barbie girls site :yuck:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
who the crap puts a pink layout to a site? :googly: what is it? a kiddo barbie girls site :yuck:
The pink has been around for ages ... I think the strategy worked well...everyone could spot out the gazzetta among hundreds of other 'off white' newspapers..but I guess for some its too 'girly'..come on man

·
Administrator
53,192 Posts
Hehe, I just knew they would ignore to update it together with the italian version. If they dont bother, we are back in square one, that you will read the italian news being translated first in goal.com or channel4 before you see them translated in Gazzetta's version :pp

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
Most of the links refer back to to Italian site :D

·
Administrator
53,192 Posts
****ing half-assed amateurs as usual :wallbang: :howler:

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Hehe, I just knew they would ignore to update it together with the italian version. If they dont bother, we are back in square one, that you will read the italian news being translated first in goal.com or channel4 before you see them translated in Gazzetta's version :pp
So typical of these Italian sites. They come out with an English version, but it's always half assed. I remember seeing the juventusmemberwhatevercrap.com site when they first launched it. It had an English version and they had some technical instructions on there on how to get access to something. The English text was translated by someone who obviously didn't understand the instructions in Italian and it made no sense whatsoever.

I give english Gazzetta 6 months to live.

·
Administrator
53,192 Posts
Indeed, I tried to get into the Juvemembership site, LOL :dielaugh: Its like, why do they even bother? Total aliens to professionalism, just shallowly do it because the rest of the world are doing it, but they dont care, or too stupid to understand how important and useful it is to branch out. Childish attitude.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I thought so also. You invite these celebrities, and you still do a crap job.

·
Scudetto
23,460 Posts
Well they get more visits by people like us thus the chance of selling their ad space for more money increases.

·
Administrator
53,192 Posts
Very little to win? International audience/more hits instead of just getting those who know italian? Its bussiness upgrade for obvious reasons.

For their website atleast, it would be even bigger update if they started selling newspapers in english.

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
Gazzetta staff know English: Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Monday.

·
Registered
24,041 Posts
Very little to win? International audience/more hits instead of just getting those who know italian? Its bussiness upgrade for obvious reasons.

For their website atleast, it would be even bigger update if they started selling newspapers in english.
Monetary win. But I am not that knowledgable about advertising income though.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts