Xtratime Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
822 Posts
Who said Bazzani has a love interest at Lazio??? He's a Milanista and I believe he's also pretty content at Samp. As for Simone Inzaghi, he is hardly a Bazzani type of player. And honesty, who believes he'd be this famous hadn't he been Filippo's brother? At least I don't...

· Registered
822 Posts
zuenotto said:
I (this is zuenotto's brother btw) just don't get this, Sampdoria invested 4m Euros on Bazzani 2.5 years ago. I reckon that we probably could have got 5-6m for him in the summer (or equivalent including a swap with a competent striker). 3 months later and we're swapping him for a Lazio reject. I suppose it's technically only on loan, but I can't see him ever coming back, and chances are it'll become permanent.

Now, Marotta has done some pretty shrewd business over the last 2.5 years (a prime example being Falcone on a free), but does he honestly think this is good value for money? The only reason Lazio are happy to give us Inzaghi is cos he never plays, Bazzani on the other hand was a first team regular.

Keeping Bazzani now would be pointless, so ideally I'd sell him for some hard cash. But given that Bazzani won't accept anything but Lazio (or Roma, but they don't exactly need him) who have no such cash, we should at least try to get one of their strikers who plays (Rocchi, 16 goals in 1.5 seasons, 11 for Empoli), has talent (Pandev), or if we're depserate one who's at least been good in the past (Muzzi). Inzaghi is none of those! We're being generous enough here to Bazzani, Lazio shouldn't just get away with off-loading their worst forward.

If we can't do that I'd almost rather loan Bazzani for free, save on Inzaghi's (high) wages, and loan someone else for the rest of the season.

Maybe we're all being too pessimistic here and Inzaghi will prove us all wrong, but I'm not hopeful.
I fully agree with all of this. :thmbup:

I hate to see us offload the player who (alongside Diana) was the one we could get most money for should we sell. And that in exchange for some sorry no-hoper who only reached Serie A because he's brother scores a lot of goals! Sure, I don't think Inzaghi could be any worse than Bazzani THIS season, but if you take a look at the big picture it's worst-deal-ever material... :mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.