Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=459203&page=56

Upto date photos of the 2nd most expensive stadium ever assembled in the World. Due to be ready within 2-3 years.

The stadium will give Zenit the biggest capacity of any Russian Club by well over 20,000 and will allow the club to get much much bigger in the future.

St Petersburg and it's surrounding areas has a population of around 5-6 Million and with only 1 relevant team you can say that is one big catchment area.

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We will have the 8th biggest club stadium in Europe once complete.

Manchester United (England)
Hertha Berlin, Borrusia Dortmund (Germany)
Real Madrid and Barcelona (Spain)
Inter and AC Milan (Italy)

Will be the only clubs with a bigger ground capacity than ourselves.

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The RFU has chosen the Gazprom Arena as the Russian representative for the EURO 2020 tournament which is expected to take place over 13 Cities.

The Gazprom Arena will cost in excess of 825 Million Euro once complete and has completion date of late 2015/early 2016 and will house 70,000 spectators.

·
Dzyubaphile
6,598 Posts
If you check photos of it from 2-3 years ago it practically looks the same. This thing is never going to be completed.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Ok, thanks.

Is it difficult to get tickets for a league match of Zenit at home?

Dynamo are a 2nd division side?

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, thanks.

Is it difficult to get tickets for a league match of Zenit at home?

Dynamo are a 2nd division side?
The home matches are generally always sold out in the home sector but you can try applying for them on-line.

For the matches against the lesser teams, if you apply early enough you might be able to get a ticket.

When I went to the Real Madrid CL match I bought the tickets from a tout and paid around 20 times face value of the ticket.

It will be much easier to watch them when the new stadium is constructed.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
It will be much easier to watch them when the new stadium is constructed.
Yeah but that's the case, I want to see them once in the old stadium before they move :). I don't really care about the opponent. Perhaps after the winterbreak.

20 times face value, that must be really a lot! :eekani:

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah but that's the case, I want to see them once in the old stadium before they move :). I don't really care about the opponent. Perhaps after the winterbreak.

20 times face value, that must be really a lot! :eekani:
My missus came too, I cant remember exactly but it was definately over 400 euro for the tickets.

Zenit had just won the RPL, Russian Super Cup, Uefa Cup including a 4-0 demolishing to a Bayern team featuring the likes of Schweingdtriger, Lahm and Ribbery and beaten Manchester United 2-1 to win the European Suprr Cup. A lot of people in England had us down as dark horses to win the CL outright.

It was a great game and amazing atmosphere.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Good to hear it was worth it! :thumbsup:

I see there's online ticket sales, but only available in Russian which I don't speak or understand. Will take a look later on after the winter break, but I guess online it must be possible to buy a ticket versus an opponent who's not really popular?

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good to hear it was worth it! :thumbsup:

I see there's online ticket sales, but only available in Russian which I don't speak or understand. Will take a look later on after the winter break, but I guess online it must be possible to buy a ticket versus an opponent who's not really popular?
The Winter matches more so than the Summer matches.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts