Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paraguayan midfielder Diego Gavilan has left Serie A side Udinese, after failing to establish himself in manager Luciano Spalletti's first-team plans.

Gavilan, who only arrived at Udinese in the January transfer window, had meetings with coach Spalletti and sporting director Pierpaolo Martino this week - where it was agreed that the player would be allowed to leave the club.

Gavilan arrived at Udinese from Newcastle United in January, after having endured an ill-fated time in England.

The player arrived at St James' Park in January 2000 for £2 million, but was limited to just eight appearances and it seems that Galivan has now failed to impress in Serie A.

However, the arrangement has been amicable for all parties and the Paraguayan is now to re-sign for former club Internacional Porto Alegre, where he will pen a two year deal.

After enduring a frustrating spell in both England and Italy, Gavilan has admitted that he is keen to put his career back on track with Internacional of Brazil.

''I promise to give my best will and humility to help the club,'' admitted Gavilan

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/article.asp?id=191873

--------------------------------
i'm sorry for him... he believed to play this season.....
well when we buy someone ,first have to play with the youth team or play just in the friendlies:rollani:...and after more time he can play on the first team:D
(like Muntari, Pizarro,Jorgensen,Kroldrup...)
So i think he have lost one great occasion

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
I guess he didn't like Italy :( or maybe Udinese was his thing.

You shlouldn't feel sorry for him Arianna...he'll be ok back home. :tongue:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts