Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one is on his way to become the best DM duo in Europe.
I can´t think of another defensive midfield with two players that can potentially complement each other so well. Really.
They're playing very, very good this season, both as a combo and as by themselves .

And something that might be even more important: They seem to be learning from each-other (of course that's just the romantic way to see it :D).

Pirlo is working harder than ever to recover balls.
His positioning is, as always, exceptional.

Gattuso is the superhuman who's always showing his teeth and tackling veryone to the ground, but has improved his overall game a lot.
He does tricks, he passes better, he doesn't get booked, he positions himself better; to make it short: he has a better technique and a much better attitude than ever.

I really can't see why they would stop improving, both are still pretty young (specially Pirlo), and I think that if nothing very strange happens we'll clearly have the best defensive midfield in the world. :star: :devil:

Poor Ambro though. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
They complement each other very well... We dun need a player with both of their quality... It will be better to have 2 seperate players....

·
Super Moderator
13,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Diavolo. :)

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Excellent post. I have nothing more to add but to just thank god we have such a strong duo as our DM's, Pirlo and Gattuso are both warriors in their own way.

Poor Ambro, but he just signed a new deal which obviously means he is fine playing limited time. Seems like he loves it here, and ofcourse why would he turn down winning the Treble this season? :tongue:

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
yeah they are quite the duo. i think theyre so successful because as pointed out, theyre so different and they need each other so much. pirlo cant do the dirty work and gattuso cant do the pretty work so its a marriage made in heaven.

yes, too bad for ambro.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
True. What one of them lacks, the other one makes up for it and their differences make them gel extremelly well together. I have no doubt that they are one of the strongest DMC duo in the world. Very few are as consistent and rock-solid as them. :)

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
With Pippo out of the starting linuep, we've only played with one striker [Shevchenko] which means we play with 5 midfielders. Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Rui Costa, Kaka. Correct me if I am wrong. :)

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
send this to the azzurri camp address to traps.:rolleyes:

i do feel for Ambrosini and wished he moved elsewhere to play regular football. he is a wasted talent on bench IMO.

rhino and pirlo in the azzurri midfield would be ace!! add MAresca in there and its simply brilliant!

·
Registered
242 Posts
CUG said:
send this to the azzurri camp address to traps.:rolleyes:

i do feel for Ambrosini and wished he moved elsewhere to play regular football. he is a wasted talent on bench IMO.

rhino and pirlo in the azzurri midfield would be ace!! add MAresca in there and its simply brilliant!
Yes, unfortunately we keep seeing the likes of Zanetti and Perrotta getting picked....

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Pah, Barone's better than Gattuso:stuckup:

Whaddya mean I'm biased?:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts