Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Scudetto
23,465 Posts
Damn I just realized that :wth:

To add that he has won the most MOM awards too. Undoubtedly our best player this season.. :(

Oh man..

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
:doh::doh::doh:

I hope Galliani doesn't say: "Beckham is coming. There's no need to worry.":neutral:

·
Registered
24,053 Posts
We only need Kaka to go out for the season to truly end. On the good side we are in a good position to reach 4th.

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Fvck..... But if anything in life is certain, or if history has taught us anything... it's Gattuso has supernatural rate of recovery :hopeful:

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Dammit, how many more injuries are going to hinder our season?!

This one really hits hard. It's been fantastic seeing Rino in such brilliant form, which had been missing for a while. I dont think many expected him to raise him game to such heights, so this makes it all the more unfortunate.

Our saving grace was the remarkable signing of Flamini. He's our young Rino and has the quality to fill his boots. With Emerson and Ambrosini too, we'll be ok in the DM department. On the upside, hopefully we'll have two unreplaceables back to form soon in Pirlo and Nesta.

Also, if I remember correctly, last time that Gattuso got injured he recovered quicker than anticipated. This may have happened more than once. He's made of tough stuff. Hopefully he has another speedy recovery.

·
Administrator
53,213 Posts
You better hope Flamini steps up and stops being average, because Ambro and Emerson, even if the former is better, are both STATIC DMs. They cant cover much ground at all.

Bit ironic when finally Rino becomes ridicolously vital again, instead of mediocre as he has been for a while, he gets injured. Seriously think you will be in a world of hurt from now on in your mid. The difference of Rino or not, is for example the Lazio game you won, he BULLIED Lazio's midfield, while when they just won, they could run around you in rings in the mid because no one pressured them as much as he did.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
We have the answer and the answer is called CArdaccio!!! ;)

Seriously, this is horrible news. On top of not having a healthy AMbrosini it means FLamini must step and Emerson turn back the clock.

·
Scudetto
23,465 Posts
Or Carlo finally figures out that he doesn't need to play two DM's ;)

Pirlo was/is ten times more important to Milan's midfield, but we did well.

Hopefully Carlo has a solution :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Emerson yes, Ambro no way. Ambro covers A LOT of ground. Winning balls at the edge of the box, going for headers in the opposite box. He doesnt have the same tenacious style of play that Rino does but he certainly covers a lot of the pitch.

It is indeed ironic, a huge stroke of misfortune, but I'm more concerned about Pirlo and Nesta. They have the greatest influence on how our season can go.

·
Administrator
53,213 Posts
Or Carlo finally figures out that he doesn't need to play two DM's ;)

Pirlo was/is ten times more important to Milan's midfield, but we did well.

Hopefully Carlo has a solution :thumbsup:
To you and Rod saying Pirlo is a bigger concern, guess again ;)

Can elaborate longwindedly (and oops, I did below :D), but I'll just quote what I have in mind from elsewhere:

Some interesting stats regarding Pirlo and Gattuso in serie A.

When Pirlo played Milan's record is 0-1-3 and when Pirlo didn't play Milan's record is 9-2-0.

On the other side, when Gattuso played Milan's record is 8-3-0 and when he didn't play Milan made 1-0-3

In other words, Pirlo played on only 4 matches and Milan lost 3 of them, drawing the other one. On the 11 matches where Pirlo didn't play Milan are undefeated and won 9 out of 11.

Gattuso didn't play only on 4 matches and Milan lost 3 of them. When he played, Milan were undefeated and won 8 out of 11.

I'm saying this because Gattuso won't play against us while Pirlo will almost certainly play.
Dont want to give too much stock to stats, but its telling, especially when you actually see the difference of input. Pirlo is not just off form, but he plays with immobile players, so he just becomes another player to slow you down when he takes time to find options, but doesnt have any. While Gattuso in top form, is actually one of the few mobile players together with kaka, he covers for the AMs (its telling when Rino doesnt play, that Kaka must drop down alot to get the ball) and most importantly the weak defense that is quite exposed if you dont have midfielders that pressure the opposition.

Without him protecting the defence all over in a dominating way, you are worse off, because Ambro&Emerson cant cover the defence because they are too slow to pressure the opposition. And Pirlo and Seedorf are supplementary to work with DMs when needed, but not suitable to cover the defence persé, not to mention they are yet another slow players too. You should really really hope Flamini steps up, because he is the only one who has the engine to run around all over like Rino, if he continues to dissapoint, then you are very much exposed, for SURE.

So really, that above stats is not a coincidence, because without Gattuso, you have games like Palermo and Genoa, where the mids walked around instead of pressure the opposition or cover for the defence. Pirlo's skillset is more or less void with so many static players around, but you dont have such negative stats with him playing only because he as the focus point slows you down even more, but also because in some weird coincidence, in the games he has played this season, Gattuso hasnt been playing either. So your defence is exposed, not to mention your offense being stale when dictated by an off form Pirlo who doesnt have any players running that he can pass too.

P.S Rant over. Pretty sure Johan would say and have said the above in more coherent way :D

·
Scudetto
23,465 Posts
To you and Rod saying Pirlo is a bigger concern, guess again ;)

Can elaborate longwindedly (and oops, I did below :D), but I'll just quote what I have in mind from elsewhere:

Dont want to give too much stock to stats, but its telling, especially when you actually see the difference of input. Pirlo is not just off form, but he plays with immobile players, so he just becomes another player to slow you down when he takes time to find options, but doesnt have any. While Gattuso in top form, is actually one of the few mobile players together with kaka, he covers for the AMs (its telling when Rino doesnt play, that Kaka must drop down alot to get the ball) and most importantly the weak defense that is quite exposed if you dont have midfielders that pressure the opposition.

Without him protecting the defence all over in a dominating way, you are worse off, because Ambro&Emerson cant cover the defence because they are too slow to pressure the opposition. And Pirlo and Seedorf are supplementary to work with DMs when needed, but not suitable to cover the defence persé, not to mention they are yet another slow players too. You should really really hope Flamini steps up, because he is the only one who has the engine to run around all over like Rino, if he continues to dissapoint, then you are very much exposed, for SURE.

So really, that above stats is not a coincidence, because without Gattuso, you have games like Palermo and Genoa, where the mids walked around instead of pressure the opposition or cover for the defence. Pirlo's skillset is more or less void with so many static players around, but you dont have such negative stats with him playing only because he as the focus point slows you down even more, but also because in some weird coincidence, in the games he has played this season, Gattuso hasnt been playing either. So your defence is exposed, not to mention your offense being stale when dictated by an off form Pirlo who doesnt have any players running that he can pass too.

P.S Rant over. Pretty sure Johan would say and have said the above in more coherent way :D
Was too much too read, sorry.

But surely, before this season, if Pirlo was missing, no matter how off form he was, Milan's midfield could not work.

If I was unfortunate enough to be in a situation in where I must choose between Pirlo and Gattuso, I'd pick Pirlo.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Meh, who cares? Beckham's going to lead the midfield. He is also going to score all our goals, then run back all the way across the pitch and defend. ;)

·
1st Tier Poster
50,860 Posts
Gattuso is an awesome player and one of the top DM's in the world over the past 4-5 seasons. It will be a huge loss for Milan.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts