1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
I guess Lotito has a thing for Argentinians these days. :) We really could use a good tall striker, problem I have no idea whether this guy is any good, so not much to comment.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aye, I guess we should wait until some Argentinians or Chileans or some international football connaisseur bump into this forum and enlighten us.

From the few lines in wikipedia:

Gastón Cellerino (born 26 June 1986 in Viedma, Río Negro Province) is an Argentine footballer who plays for Club Social de Deportes Rangers in the Primera División de Chile.

Career

Cellerino played youth football in the infant divisions of Boca Juniors.

He has previously played for Deportivo Patagonés of Argentina, Universidad San Martín de Porres in the Primera División Peruana, and Atenas de San Carlos in the Segunda División Uruguay.

In the Clausura 2008 tournament, Cellerino led Rangers as top goal scorer, with a total of 16 goals,before his team was eliminated against Club Deportivo Palestino in the tournament's semi-finals.

One can only remember the great bicycle kick goal that he scored against Club Deportivo Palestino, that not only his teammates applauded, but also the referee Carlos Chandía.This is a player that together with fellow striker Enzo Gutiérrez produce great results for the "rojinegro" team.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Never heard of him as well, until yesterday. But hey, I never heard of Zarate too.

I really don`t know if signing a forward right now is a smart move cause it will be difficult to accommodate him.

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Cellerino is a great finisher that single handedly took the modest Rangers (Chile) to the tournament semis.

He was targeted by Colo-Colo (Chile's defending champions) as a replacement for Lucas Barrios (2008's world's top scorer) but Lazio apparently took the rug right from underneath.

Should be interesting to watch if he can go from dominating the mediocre Chilean league to scoring in the ever tough Serie A.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
He should be loaned his first season I guess, in order for him to get adopted with Serie A.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Yeah man, pretty strange.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts