Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He announced that if he is elected the following players will come to Barca:

1. De la Pena
2. Petit
3. Overmars
4. Alfonso

I was under the impression that Zanetti would be on this list and he still may be as negotiations are still going on. These are the players that are almost 100% sure to come is Gaspart wins. I am so excited that Ivan will come back. Now he can show everyone he is really a great player. SF believes in him and will give him every chance to succeed. I don't know about the signings of Petit and Overmars though. I guess Overmars may be cover for Figo if he leaves. I don't think there will be room for Petit. He is good but i think that possible players for the midfield already are Pep, LE, Xavi, Gabri, De Boer, so i don't know if he is necessary. Alfonso will flourish under SF, I just feel he will have a great season. He did train yesterday with Betis, but it is said that the deal is done as long as Gaspart wins.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Are these promises of Gaspart true? As there seems to be a lot of speculation and broken promises at the moment. If so it will be great to see De La Pena back, after all he is one of us and a great player. I think Petit would be good for Barca, he can tackle, pass and is wants to win all the time. Do we really need Overmars? Although he will be needed if Figo goes. I suppose it would be nice to see Alfonso playing alongside Kluivert - that looks a very promising partnership. My only concern is where are the defenders?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Wenger would never sell Petit and Overmars at the same time, and he sure wouldn't sell them both to the same team. Overmars will definitely not go, but maybe Petit. Luckily for us Arsenal fans, losing Petit wouldn't hurt that bad.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
I read in the Romanian news papers today that Gaspart has an agreement with Cosmin Contra of Alaves. But you guys probably don't know him.

·
Registered
405 Posts
hristo008, I have the same concern as yours. Where are the defenders??? I think we really have enough midfielders ,I don't want a big change, I don't mean that those players on the list are not good, everyone should be delighted to have those players in their team, but I think some new and good defenders are more important.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Latest news in the Dutch press:
Nunez (= Gaspart) blocked the transfer of Zenden. Zenden will only be allowed to go to Lazio if Figo leaves. So if Figo leaves Zenden will stay and we don't need Overmars.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Eclipse, I heard the same a few weeks ago and just this week it was said that Gaspart had decided not to go through with the deal for Contra. I'm not sure why but that was what was said.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts