Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gary Kelly Hints At Leeds Exit
News Archive

Kelly (L) has had limited chances this season (Allsport)
05/02/2002. Leeds United defender Gary Kelly has hinted that he may quit the club to get regular first team football.

Kelly, who has a testimonial at Elland Road against Celtic next week, has only been a starter this season as a replacement for injuries and suspensions, and feels that he needs first team football.

He told the Yorkshire Evening Post, "I want to be playing first team football, that is why I am over here in England and I think any professional footballer who is not playing regularly in the first team must have the aim of getting back into any side which will have him."

"Playing in the World Cup means you are in the shop window and that has to be on your mind. We'll have to see what happens. I am very happy here at Leeds and don't want to go but we shall see what the boss has planned for next season. You never know what might happen."

soccerage

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
I would be sad to see him go, but I'm not that surprised as he really doesn't get regular football here. Where ever he goes, I wish him good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts