Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GENUA, March 29 (DS) - Riccardo Garrone was elected Italian side Sampdoria new chairman, succeeding Pietro Sgarlata on this post following the resignation of the latter. The reason for Sgarlata's decision was the conflict with the club's owner.
"I could never imagine I would take this post. But here I am, and I think the club need new shareholders. We'll try to find them," Garrone said during his press conference.

·
Registered
104 Posts
garrone has taken sampdoria on genuary (a lot of our posts about that) and mantovani sold it to garrone just before sampdoria was gatting into bankrupt. we were going to erase from professionistic leage of italian soccer. this was the point where mantovani had leaded us: with a lot of debts, without paying players and very very close to serie c. fortunately, garrone has decided to buy sampdoria and he has become new president: a very good new president!!!!!!!!

now is starting a new period for samp. let's hope it will bring sampdoria where it was with paolo mantovani. to repeat the same story of paolo mantovani will be very difficult: it has been a beautiful dream for all of us. but we ask to garrone to bring sampdoria in serie a and stay there!!!!!!

first steps of garrone's work are very good: marotta as DG, maybe novellino as coach and rumeors are telling about very interesting players. let's see...

now, we have a match against cittadella (padova) next sunday. we have to win, if not, we are going to fight seriously for serie c.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Well done Garrone.

Garrone is making with his hands the sampdoria of the future,he has bought a good person and this person is Ciccio Marotta
Marotta in an telephonic interwiew on a television of Genova,said good things.professionally he is with Atalanta now,but after june he will operate all the day for sampdoria.Now is already moving between the players for sampdoria,andI think he will do very well.

Garrone talked very well,he proposed a pacification between the two groups of sampdoria,ultras and fedelissimi,because the supporters of sampdoria must become better that the supporters of some years ago,for the good of sampdoria.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts