Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ganz hurt by Viola snub Monday 20 May, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Veteran striker Maurizio Ganz has hit out at Fiorentina for not giving him a chance to save the side from relegation.

The former Inter and Milan man was signed by the club for free after he was out of contract but was rarely fielded in the Viola¡¦s relegation campaign.

"I¡¦m disappointed and hurt," said the 34-year-old. "I want to leave this club as quickly as possible because no one here ever gave me any consideration at all."

The forward, who made his name at Atalanta, hopes to sign for a club in Serie A even if he admits he would consider approaches from Second Division outfits.

His contract with the Tuscan side expires in a month and therefore he will be available on a free transfer.

channel4

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Ganz played pretty regularly until Mancini quit in January. Chiarugi benched him for three months.

But by January the writing was on the wall for Fiorentina, and I doubt Ganz would have saved the team from relegation. He only scored two goals for the team (though one was a game-winner deep in injury time against Brescia December 16).

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Actually it was Moretti who scored the late winning goal, Ganz only touched the ball in offside position.

I think Ganz had his opportunity to show what he can do. Save viola from relegation? Hah dream on

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
We must eat Cecchi Gori.

Cannibalism is the only solution to Fiorentina's problems. It's efficient and gets rid of bothersome evidence.

BBQ ribs anyone?

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'd say he'd be a bit tough to chew. Also what all about that residual white powder that'd be in his system!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts