1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last 5 league fixtures
Chelsea: WDLWW
Liverpool: WWDDD

Chelsea looks like the inform team between the two but it will be tough for them away to Liverpool

My prediction: Chelsea to win 2-1. Winning goal to come in the last 5 minutes

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
It will be boring, but it still should be game of the weekend. Very important match.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Liverpool should win. Chelsea have been poor against big teams this season.
thats what I was going to write, but I bet it would come back to prove me wrong :(

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
It will be a poor match like it always is.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Draw or vermin win please. Chelsea as the underdog are dangerous. No-one seems to be mentioning them anymore, since United started challenging Liverpool for the lead at the end of December, but Chelsea are still there. All they need is to find a bit more form, and they are 10 times better than anything Liverpool can offer.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Drito , look at Chelsea's remaining fixtures mate.

I'd much rather they won than Liverpool who have a much lighter fixture list.

This isn't the old Chelsea, which is why i'd be comfortable with them giving Liverpool's title bid a KO.

Obviously prefer a draw but if I had to choose one winner it'd be Chelsea, purely for the fact that they've still got to go to the Emirates, Villa Park, WHL etc + they are mentally nowhere near the side they were a year ago let alone 2.

But what matters more is what we do, I think we'll beat Everton at home today but if we win away at West Ham, a ground where we traditionally struggle I think that would be a huge step towards 3 titles on the trot.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
I know about Chelsea's fixtures, and they are much weaker than even last year under Grant, but still, if Drogba, Lampard or whoever started scoring regularly, with just some bit of form, they'll be a more dangerous rival than Liverpool.

Saying that, it all depends on our games this upcoming month. If we can somehow stay unbeaten and win most, then I think we will eliminate at least one rival out of the title race. But that's a big if, as Everton are a good side, and as you said, we struggle against West Ham.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Well Lampard's been playing out of his skin for most of this season but evidently his team mates aren't pulling in the same direction.

Drogba in particular has his head elsewhere. Would prefer them to win on Sunday. If Liverpool win tomorrow it could give them the confidence to go on a run and their upcoming games are quite winnable. I know there's just as much of a chance of them fvcking up the next game but i'd rather they were just killed off.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I have always maintained that on paper both Chelsea & United are better than Liverpool. Chelsea have more world-class players & can be more dangerous than Liverpool to United.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
I hope it's a draw.

I hate Liverpool more than any other club in the world, and even though we are pretty much out of the running, the draw could do us a favour in the long run.

I knew Liverpool's title aspirations would be over by the end of December :howler:

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
I hope it's a draw.

I hate Liverpool more than any other club in the world, and even though we are pretty much out of the running, the draw could do us a favour in the long run.

I knew Liverpool's title aspirations would be over by the end of December :howler:
Shut up, Rafa still believes.

In Rafa we trust.

·
ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
7,425 Posts
Seriously, like Dark Andy said, anyone who calls a Chelsea-Liverpool match a game of the week knows very littlel about football. This will put you to sleep faster than Valium.

·
Registered
16,803 Posts
I hope it's a draw.

Weird. Why? Btw it's February now, not December :)

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
borefest of the week, please Mascherano come to MADRID!

·
Registered
10,819 Posts

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Shut up, Rafa still believes.

In Rafa we trust.
LOLLLLL.

You're a funny man Drito :D

Well you did seem confused about when Liverpool's title challenge ended :)
Well, the dip in form started then, it was only a matter of time before everyone at Liverpool starts losing focus and a dip in form occurs :D

1 - 20 of 45 Posts