Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure the people in the south of Italy are so eager to support Atalanta indeed, but there is no doubt that whoever loves football in Italy and doesn't support Juventus wants one of the so called "provinciali" to win the scudetto. The first step is a win at Juventus Stadium ( I'm not using the sponsor name on purpose).
Do not let the last defeat of Juventus deceive you, it's unlikely. Dybala and some center back different from Rugani will be back first of all. Not that that Bonucci-De Ligt is a duo which convinces me. Not at all. And the midfield remains a huge question mark with I'm-already-out Pjanic. And the side backs? Cuadrado is an excellent player but in defense he is such a liability! Sarri commented the goals Juventus conceded to Milan by using the word "blackout". A 4-minute blackout. I'm not sure it was just a blackout. I think that it was mostly a problem of fitness which was strongly connected to the defensive liabilites. When Juventus isn't in full control of the game the defensive liabilities come out.
In Italy, Atalanta is the worst possible opponent for a team which is not fully fit and has defensive liabilities, but Juventus is lucky: I have watched Atalanta-Sampdoria two days ago and Atalanta looked far from brilliant. Ilicic in particular. He has had a light injury just before serie A restarted and he doesn't seem to have recovered the fitness.
Forza Atalanta.

·
Administrator
52,887 Posts

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Isn't it basically over already?

Juve won't blow a 7 point lead with 7 rounds to go.
Yeah, even a juve loss tonight won't change much. I doubt Atalanta win in Turin anyhow.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Copied from Football-Italia:

Juventus are unbeaten in 30 Serie A games against Atalanta, 24 wins and six draws. La Dea last won in February 2001.

---

Wow.

In Coppa Italia though Atalanta managed to beat juve 3-0 last season, albeit in Bergamo.

I do remember Atalanta knocking out juve from Coppa in 2004-2005, with Andrea Lazzari their hero.

·
Administrator
52,887 Posts
First 35 minutes, predictably getting spanked by Alatanta, one goal down, and our players are so static compared to Atalantas frenzied style.

·
Registered
46,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The referees, the VAR and above all whoever decided the new rules have ruined the game. At this point teams should take 5 penalties each and avoid to play 90 minutes.

·
Registered
46,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Isn't it basically over already?

Juve won't blow a 7 point lead with 7 rounds to go.
It could have been a 6 point with 6 rounds to go. And yes, this Juventus could have blown it, but no, now that it's 9 points it's impossible.
Juventus win the scudetto, but Atalanta are the better team anyway and they have proven it tonight once more.

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
Yep, they are clearly better, we could still blow it out, but i suspect they will give up after today.
I have never despised Juventus coach as much as i despise Sarri.

Both pks were by the book, but its a pretty dumb book and i hope someone reconsider handball rules asap.

·
Greta joke sharer
23,629 Posts
Both penalties seem like they could fall into this category.

The following will NOT usually be a free kick, unless they are one of the situations above:

• the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from their own head/body/foot or the head/body/foot of another player who is close/near

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
They keep on giving such pks these days - a ball bounced from DeLigt stomach to his hand and the referee gave a pk against us a week ago.

·
Registered
10,138 Posts
It could have been a 6 point with 6 rounds to go. And yes, this Juventus could have blown it, but no, now that it's 9 points it's impossible.
Juventus win the scudetto, but Atalanta are the better team anyway and they have proven it tonight once more.
The better team? So Juve are 9 points ahead because of refs? Luck? Haven’t seen enough of their matches myself. With the squad at their disposal they should have won the title by now, and it seems like a huge mistake to replace Allegri with Sarri.

·
Greta joke sharer
23,629 Posts
Referees are dumb, and they've become even dumber after the inclusion of VAR (looking at replays in slow-motion shouldn't be allowed). The Torino penalty shouldn't have been given either.

FIFA needs to factor in that refs are idiots when writing the rules.

My suggestion is to give indirect freekicks for all handballs regardless if they're unintentional and only award penalties for clearly intentional ones (like Luis Suarez vs Ghana).

Reactions: camelface

·
Registered
17,126 Posts
Referees are dumb, and they've become even dumber after the inclusion of VAR (looking at replays in slow-motion shouldn't be allowed). The Torino penalty shouldn't have been given either.

FIFA needs to factor in that refs are idiots when writing the rules.

My suggestion is to give indirect freekicks for all handballs regardless if they're unintentional and only award penalties for clearly intentional ones (like Luis Suarez vs Ghana).
It was especially bad given that both handballs were in the furthest extremity of the box, which is too big anyway.

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
My suggestion is to follow the the most logical thing, which is to punish intentional handballs, not some lucky bounce of the ball, btw in the first pk incident atalanta player had his hands behind his back but the moment he saw that dybala is gonna cros the ball he decided to move them in front, so maybe that was intentional... anyway apparently some record for pks was broken this season and the counter hasnt stopped.

The better team? So Juve are 9 points ahead because of refs? Luck? Haven’t seen enough of their matches myself. With the squad at their disposal they should have won the title by now, and it seems like a huge mistake to replace Allegri with Sarri.
we are 9 pts ahead partly because of luck (today), partly because Cronaldo is the goat finisher and partly because Dybala has been unplayable at times, so basically individual quality. Atalanta as a team is clearly better than us.

·
Administrator
52,887 Posts
The referees, the VAR and above all whoever decided the new rules have ruined the game. At this point teams should take 5 penalties each and avoid to play 90 minutes.

Stats say 50 pks due hand balls in Serie A so far.

I'm not sure we are watching same sport we used to before anymore.

Reactions: camelface

·
Registered
10,138 Posts
we are 9 pts ahead partly because of luck (today), partly because Cronaldo is the goat finisher and partly because Dybala has been unplayable at times, so basically individual quality. Atalanta as a team is clearly better than us.
Guess you mean their style of play is more coherent than Juve’s which is based on individual quality. But if they’re 9 points behind and it isn’t due to refs, they’re not the best team.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts