Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

We're visiting budapest in march 2005 and would like to see some football.

When will the fixtures be announced as I have checked various websites and have not found them yet.

Any help would be appreciated - feel free to email [email protected]

Cheers
Darren

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
dc1973 said:
Hi

We're visiting budapest in march 2005 and would like to see some football.

When will the fixtures be announced as I have checked various websites and have not found them yet.

Any help would be appreciated - feel free to email [email protected]

Cheers
Darren
You can go to the Hungarian League Website: http://www.labdarugoliga.hu/

At the bottom of the page, they have the March dates listed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I had a look and could only see games for 5th march. We will be there for the 12th. I'll keep checking that page if they are not out yet.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
There are some football fields (usualy with surface made of asphalt or concrete) at Rákospalota where kids play during weekends or in the afternoons. No entry fee

You can take bus nr 70 from Bosnyák tér.

·
Banned
3,659 Posts
dont be surprised. if u check our forum, you wont find too much about hungarian league football. as for myself, i dont even know which teams are involved.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Bentex said:
can't you ask Ákos ;)
if anyone knows it will be him :)
You know, this brings up a good question. Why don't the club or the league publish their schedules? I looked and the only schedules listed are March 5.

Ah...is cash flow such that they are operating on a week by week basis? Or, is it a leftover from the Communist years? You need to know when we tell you, you need to know.

It is a small wonder they have cash flow problems in the league. So, here you have some guys wanting to plan their trip to Budapest to see a game. They just may say, screw it.

Hmmm....benchmark people. What leagues are succeeding and why? What teams succeed and why? How do you market and get people excited about Football again in a country where the kids are more excited by Water Polo and Kezi Labda? It is called marketing... and one way to market is publish your fricken schedules.

Sorry...did I get on my box again?

(I hope someone from Magyar Futball are reading these threads).

:thmbup: :shades: :hangover:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
(I hope someone from Magyar Futball are reading these threads).

So do I......I may get an answer ;)
I'll try again in a few weeks.
Thanks anyway :thmbup:

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
goalpdl said:
You know, this brings up a good question. Why don't the club or the league publish their schedules? I looked and the only schedules listed are March 5.
because....

Piszkos Fred said:
So few people attend matches anyway, it's not worth paying the web guy to post schedules ;)

to be serious for a second.

I agree its crazy .... but what can you do?
personally I just keep an eye on nb1.hu to see the build up to the weeks fixtures.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got confirmation from someone on mlsz.hu website that these games will be played in budapest that weekend - Újpest FC-Kaposvár & FTC-Fehérvár FC.

What would each game be like for atmosphere, how big will the crowd be (number of away fans?) and will it be easy to get tickets. Are there any rivalries between these teams.

We don't expect too much but the football will keep us off the alcohol for a few hours.
Thanks again.

·
Banned
3,659 Posts
After this long and cold February, hopefully there will be very nice weather. This could bring some supporters (3000) to the stadiums (with cca. 20,000 seats). No rival between those teams who face each-other.
Buying tickets is no problem at the venue, assuming you'll have some Forints :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts