Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright Guys,

Im going to Gambia on the 8th Febuary, any information on there national team and there stadium, im going to Banjul, any information on football there? Whats there league football like?

Cheers.

Sean.

·
Registered
14,901 Posts

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Gambia's stadium is called the independent stadium (a kind present from the chinese :)).
The fans are very passionate (trust me I know I've got millions of cousins over there who would kill to watch one match).
There is one team i like called the Hawks (I don't know why)

It's a lovely place to go- enjoy it!

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Gambian player Ebrahim Savaneh scored a goal in a friendly match Lech Poznań - Victoria Koronovo (2:1) in Poland. He is playing for Lech, and in March he will made his first appearence in Polisch league.

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Some other players who at least used to play for the NT (don't know if they do now)

Ebou Sillah a former Brugge player who I liked a lot. Physically he's not the strongerst but man is he fast and technically gifted. He plays as left-winger

Edrissa Sonko who was formed at Anderlecht and now plays with RODA JC. A bit similar to Sillah but not that fast. He plays on the right wing.

Soley Seyfo: the powerhouse in midfield. In a good day as defensive midfielder this monster rules any midfield. He combines enormous physical strenght with a great technique. Unfortunately he makes a bit too many tactical mistakes and seems to walk around uninterested some matches. Soley plays at KRC Genk

Arthur Gomes: loaned out by ManU at Antwerp a couple of seasons ago Gomes was een as one of the best talents in ManU's youth squads.Unfortunately he never managed to break through. Still at times you can see this guy has potential. He could have been a goalscoring machine.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Corr Aziz Nyang, played for my local team Djurgården, He was quite technical but weak physically and rarely got any chanches. I think he's outloaned or sold now.

We still have Pa Dembo Touray in the team and this man is a giant. He's almsot 200 Cm but he's both a a acrobatic and a very strong air keeper and he's also good with his feets. He's their NT keeper and IMO good enough to soon play in a bigger league. On his day, you won't be able to score against him.

Pa Modou Kah, was born in Gambia but he represents Norway now. He played for Swedish side AIK last season. A decent DM with alot of heart, he could sometimes have too much heart and do some stupid decisions. He went to Holland now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts