Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going nowhere (AP)

05/22/2002. Milan vice-president Adrano Galliani has told the Gazzetta dello Sport that Portuguese international Manuel Rui Costa is not for sale.

Reports in Italy had suggested that the midfielder's name had come up in the Rossoneri's transfer meetings with Inter.

Barcelona and Liverpool were also said to be interested in the player but it looks as though he will now be given another season to prove his worth at the San Siro.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Rui Costa staying with Milan

According to Rui Costa's agent, Carlo Pallavicino, the midfielder is staying with the club, despite being linekd with a move away from San Siro.

He said: "There is absolutely no truth in the rumour that Rui Costa will leave after just one year at Milan."

"I too have read the papers recently but maintain that there is no truth in the stories whatsoever."

Rui Costa joined Milan from Fiorentina in a £27m deal last summer.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
He has said it and said it and said it...why don't people want to believe him? How often does he have to say both Shev and Rui Costa are going no place??

Maybe it's b/c we're all observers of the "other side" of the game...where one thing is said and the other happens...

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Should we be getting rid of Rui Costa?

I think we shouldn't because he is a fantastic player who suffered injuries and a form slump last season, but before that has had many marvellous seasons in the Serie A. He could be the man that delivers us another Scudetto and even a European Cup. And if we were to get rid of him, we would have lived thinking "What if...?

But then if we did get rid of him, we could get a nice little profit and it could even erase the current debt we have at the club. It would also make space for a future champion Andrea Pirlo to mature and become the number 10 at the club.

I think we should give Rui another season and see how he goes. If he's good, lets keep him, otherwise get rid of him.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Of course he should stay at milan, at least for one more season.

But the kid Pirlo also deserves to play. Quite a difficult decission for Ancelloti. I think all depends on his performance in the world cup:hopefull:

Anyway we can't possibily sell him at a profit becoz he has had a very bad season (whatever may be the reason):mad: as The Shev says.:rolleyes:

Ciao

1 - 6 of 6 Posts