Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MILAN, April 5, by Nadia Carminati (DS) - AC Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani announced before the match against Borussia Dortmund that the clubs that reach the UEFA Cup final should have the right of automatically entering the next Champions League. Galliani announced the UEFA has to think of this problem because there is the necessity to revise the access rules of the most important European tournament.
"We've talked also to Borussia Dortmund president, and he agrees with our idea", Galliani said. "The teams that take part in the semifinals and finalists should have this right, because their national championship is seriously conditioned by this competition. And the same thing refers to the teams who will join the Champions League final."
Galliani brought an example: "Alaves last year played in the UEFA Cup final, losing it, and this year they won't play in Europe. This is not positive."

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Why should Galliani care what will happen with the finalists? :D

Nah, I think this idea is stupid, it's just he came up with that idea because Milan is struggling in the league...
Imo if you aren't able to fight for a CL place in 34 matches you shouldn't get it with a cup...

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Frank u took my words outta my mouth

GALLIANI: why the **** do u want CL, so we can lose 4-0 every day

Lav

·
Registered
579 Posts
Galliani is smoking crack! Sorry, but I had to say it.

It's an incredibly stupid idea he concocted because I think he knows the writings on the wall -- in big, bold, neon graffiti:

MILAN AIN'T GONNA REACH THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE NEXT YEAR!

This man is a moron. Have some pride enough to acknowledge the fact that Milan does not deserve to play in the Champions League, under no circumstances. I mean where did this unspoken rule that Milan MUST play in the Champions League come from anyway. Since I'm a cynic, I'll probably say it's because they need the money more than a feverish desire to test themselves against Europe's best.

The UEFA final four should progress to the CL.:rolleyes:

Man, UEFA is already concerned about the quality of the competition because they let in so many 3rd and 4th place domestic teams; and now he proposes this!!!!!!

This statement takes the cake and I am THIS close to scuppering my support for Milan until he is removed from his post.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Probably the only reason Galliani proposed this idea is because AC Milan cannot qualify for the Champions League through the conventional ways.

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
Qualification for the CL in such a way would allow Galliani to bypass the reasons for us not qualifying properly i.e. HIM.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Hwo would this help us reach the UCL? We have never won the UEFA cup and we will certainly not win it this year.

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
I think it´s a positive idea Galliani has come up with.. It would make the UEFA cup more important.. Maybe it´s a bit exaggerated to say that all 4 semi finalists should qualify but defenitly the winner and maybe the other finalist..

·
Registered
174 Posts
Laudrup said:
I think it´s a positive idea Galliani has come up with.. It would make the UEFA cup more important.. Maybe it´s a bit exaggerated to say that all 4 semi finalists should qualify but defenitly the winner and maybe the other finalist..
I agree!! This could certainly make the uefa cup more attractive. Hopefully this will be considered during the following years.
I wish all of you good luck on sunday;)

Forza Inter

Forza Milan:confused:

Sune

1 - 9 of 9 Posts