Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thoughts?

Mancini, a question about the anticipated matches ahead of the two Champions League derbies. When you look at the kick-off times of the Saturday league matches, don't you think it's strange that Inter have to play away to Bologna at 20:30, and Milan play away to Siena at 18:00 a week later?

"Quite honestly it doesn't add up. There's something wrong here. I spoke with the club management straight after the draw and they told me that the away matches preceding the Champions League derby would both be played at 18:00, and the home matches at 20:30. This was fine for me. Instead, on the communiqué that arrived after, things had changed completely. This isn't fair. It's one thing to play at six o'clock and get home at eleven, and it's another thing to play at eight thirty and get home at two in the morning. And I didn't like the fact that things were changed with one thing said and another done. So we will play at Bologna at 20:30 and at home to Cagliari at 18:00. However, we have already said enough about Milan and the Champions League draw. Let's focus on the championship now."

=======================

For me, the facts are clear. The times were decided by the Italian Federation and Galliani has a clear influence in the whole process, as President of Lega Calcio.

·
Registered
45,492 Posts
It's definitely odd how the decisions were arrived at.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even if the DEVIL was not responsible for this decision, the Federation or whatever cannot make decisiosn like this that favor one team over the other. And especially not when they know that people know that one of the favored team's personnel is high on the league influence.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
galliani s
contract expires this year moratti will become the new prez n will see what will happen
guyz dont worry this will give us even more motivation

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Coolntall follow the news. What are u talkin about?

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
its a fact
mora once said that he will try to get that job
of course u have to be voted about this situation
i said it
it is better for us
we will get mad ,bcz of all this crap and tare milan apart :Fero:

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
We will lose... Even if we take rest from now til the Euroderby clash and Milan play a match everyday, we will still lose.

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
I dont see the differences the players are gonna get time to rest anyways.

???????????????????????

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
It all evens out noone get's more rest than others,If you look closely the matches are normally scheduled so that both teams get ample rest time.I wouldn't be to impressed if one or the other had more of a break.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Razman said:
We will lose... Even if we take rest from now til the Euroderby clash and Milan play a match everyday, we will still lose.
Dont be like that.
We will win.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mancio sparks derby debate
Sunday 20 March, 2005
Roberto Mancini has accused the Lega Calcio of favouring Milan in its fixture list changes ahead of the Champions’ League Derby di Milano.

“The order of the fixtures doesn’t square with me at all,” said the Inter Coach after learning that all three Italian teams still in the European competition would play their Serie A games on the Saturday preceding their ties.

“We were told that we’d have played at 18.00 in Bologna and Milan would play their home game with Brescia at 20.30 while the week after it would be inverted. Instead, we have to play in the evening and won’t get back to Milan until 23.00, which interrupts the training schedule for the next day. I didn’t appreciate being reassured this wouldn’t be the case and yet a few hours later discovering this decision had been inverted.”

The matter is particularly controversial as the Lega Calcio, which decides the kick-off times of Serie A games, is ruled by President Adriano Galliani – the head director at Milan.

The Derby di Milano is to be played in Europe for the second time in three seasons and it already looks as if this occasion will be spicier than the last.

Mancini was also keen to set some other matters straight, as Adriano revealed this week that he had “exchanged words” with the Coach after he was dropped for the Serie A derby.

“Getting a bit angry is one thing, having a full-blown row is another,” pointed out Mancio after reports of a walk-out from the Brazilian. “Adriano merely said he was cross that he didn’t get to play in the derby, but all players are upset when they are on the bench.”

These issues run the risk of distracting Inter from today’s Serie A clash with Fiorentina at the San Siro – the former club of Mancini, Adriano and Francesco Toldo.

“This will be an important game and we have to win if we want to stay in the Champions’ League places,” added the tactician.

“Fiorentina are an excellent squad and are improving over the last few weeks. Christian Vieri is not 100 per cent fit, while Obafemi Martins’ back pain is subsiding. Julio Cruz has done well of late and the more he plays the better his form becomes.”

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CONVICTED.

FOUND AS GUILTY.

This time they can't use the FIGC vs. Lega Calcio technicality.

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
Mancini was also keen to set some other matters straight, as Adriano revealed this week that he had “exchanged words” with the Coach after he was dropped for the Serie A derby.

“Getting a bit angry is one thing, having a full-blown row is another,” pointed out Mancio after reports of a walk-out from the Brazilian. “Adriano merely said he was cross that he didn’t get to play in the derby, but all players are upset when they are on the bench.”
Is this true?
Did Adriano really snap it that badly, i wouldnt think so.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
vlepnat said:
Is this true?
Did Adriano really snap it that badly, i wouldnt think so.
In these moments a player can get nervous and maybe do or say something he doesn't mean to do or say. Has this happened?
"Yes, it's true. I lost my cool a bit with the coach and he got a bit angry. After the injury I didn't manage to get back to my best and score immediately. And then that 'mess' happened after the derby. The coach put me on the bench and I was very hurt about it because I had worked very hard to play that match well and help Inter win. Instead I went on the bench. It was a bad thing for me, I was very angry and I didn't speak to anyone. I even argued with a fan who wanted to send me to Real Madrid. These are things that happen. I'm young and I still have a lot more to learn. I have to be calmer when these things happen. I hope I can improve a lot."

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
Ok so everything is sorted out. I was scared when i saw it i thought it would have some affect on the way we play.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
It's unbelievable but it's the truth: Galliani (Vice President of A.C. MILAN) as president of LEGA CALCIO use his "power" to favor A.C. Milan.
Not a big surprise.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you heard it first

from the man who lives in milano

1 - 17 of 17 Posts