Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
y do these footballing institutions hate eachother so much?

I heard it's because Gala is the team of the Arsitocrats and Fener is the team of the poor/middle class.

this's a hgue rivalry in turkey and i've always wondered what makes it so huge.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
it`s a huge rivalry indeed.
you`re right. In the beginning there were social differencies between the members/supporters of the clubs.
But nowadays there aren`t social differencies between Fener and Gala supporters anymore. Everyone, no matter if "rich" or "poor" can be fan of any club he chooses...The Fener and Gala rivalry is the only big rivalry in the world without fans who support their club because of social, historical, religious, ethnic reasons like other fans of other big rivalries as Celtic-Rangers (religious), Red Star-Partizan (ethnic), Flamengo-Fluminense(social) etc..

Fener-Gala matches are something special. The rivalry "developed" over the years. Fener and Gala have the most fans in Turkey. A derby between both clubs is not a normal football match anymore. You start to talk about it weeks before. You make bets (look at my avatar, then you might know what I mean :D), you talk about the atmosphere, the match itself, the tactics, the score, the incidents etc. for weeks after the match. I think everyone saw pictures of Gala and Fener derbies in TV and knows how awesome the atmosphere is. It has so much emotions. Turks LIVE and TALK football 24/7 and are really dedicated to their clubs. Especially fans of "big" rivalries like Gala-Fener (BJK) and then Karsiyaka-Göztepe, Gençlerbirligi-Ankaragücü etc. The love and dedication for your club increases the more you see the rival-fan who is loving his club like crazy.. Both sides need their rival to compare, to challange and to compete with him in order to get "bigger" and more successfull. And that`s why Gala and Fener rivalry is so big :cool:

I think other fans can add a lot of other things that I cannot think of in the moment...:)

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Did you know that Fenerbahce was set up by a few ex-GS board members who wanted to create Turkish competition? Back in 1905 and 1906, GS only played against English and other non-Turkish opposition ;)

The European aristocrat types remained with GS, whilst the less fortunate people of Istanbul (Asia-minor), had their own team too - Fenerbahce. The rivalry stems back to those days...

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
CSKA Now said:
I see, so i guess Fener is traditionally the peoples club then.
That's why we have the most fans... ;)

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
kubi said:
Besiktas is more the people team. But this isn't really true anymore between the fans. Maybe when you look to the boards, but still.
Kubi....you are a funny guy....Besiktas the people's team....tell me how that is possible?

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
kubi said:
Then I have a question : what's your definition of "people"?
It's very easy....the team with most fans....people's team!!

What's your criteria?

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Sorry, but "people" wasn't meant in that way by CSKA Now and Cem. Cem said that Fenerbahçe was the club of the "less fortunate people". This is why CSKA Now said it was the "people club", and it is how I understand "people".

But I am not surprised by your answer at all;). You always try to find a way to prove that Fenerbahçe has the most fans, so now you interprete anything. Are you out of argument?:D
Don't take it badly, and don't start another thread of the "En Büyük Kim" kind of thread please.;) :)

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
kubi said:
Sorry, but "people" wasn't meant in that way by CSKA Now and Cem. Cem said that Fenerbahçe was the club of the "less fortunate people". This is why CSKA Now said it was the "people club", and it is how I understand "people".

But I am not surprised by your answer at all;). You always try to find a way to prove that Fenerbahçe has the most fans, so now you interprete anything. Are you out of argument?:D
Don't take it badly, and don't start another thread of the "En Büyük Kim" kind of thread please.;) :)
Out of arguement....:howler:....my little friend if you only knew!

You are the one who cant give me a simple answer, you always sidetrack by saying "You always have to proove this and that..."

Get over your complex Kubi.....you always write something against Fener....it doesnt matter what it is.....because you have a huge Fener complex....and i mean huge. And i know you will say "You are wrong i dont have a complex....:howler: It was only until recently (after i tiold you) that you even wrote in Fener forum......complex!;)

I dont have to proove anything for Fener.....the figures speaks for themselves.

Whilst you lot are playing in front of 700 people....our tickets are almost sold out for every game. You couldnt even sell out your tickets when you won the league 4 year in a row!

Let me explain less fortunate for you....its people who doesnt have a good economical situation.....like the majority of the Turkish people. So if someone says that Fenerbahce is the team of the less fortunate was does that tell you?;)

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Cengo said:
Out of arguement....:howler:....my little friend if you only knew!

You are the one who cant give me a simple answer, you always sidetrack by saying "You always have to proove this and that..."

Get over your complex Kubi.....you always write something against Fener....it doesnt matter what it is.....because you have a huge Fener complex....and i mean huge. And i know you will say "You are wrong i dont have a complex....:howler: It was only until recently (after i tiold you) that you even wrote in Fener forum......complex!;)

I dont have to proove anything for Fener.....the figures speaks for themselves.

Whilst you lot are playing in front of 700 people....our tickets are almost sold out for every game. You couldnt even sell out your tickets when you won the league 4 year in a row!

Let me explain less fortunate for you....its people who doesnt have a good economical situation.....like the majority of the Turkish people. So if someone says that Fenerbahce is the team of the less fortunate was does that tell you?;)
You should really check before writing, because I have been writing in the Fenerbahçe forum even before you were here on Xtratime.
Then about the "complex" thing, you really don't have anything else to say, what can I say? Just stop looking at Fenerbahçe and yourself as unique in the world. It's your only answer when I wrote something against Fenerbahçe (by the way I didn't say anything against Fenerbahçe in this thread, so stop being paranoiac).
And your other arguments doesn't stand, so I don't have anything to say. Just re-read the "En Büyük Kim" thread and you will see what I think and the Galatasaray's fans think!
Your last argument is really bad, sorry! And Besiktas is the team of the less fortunate people. Fenerbahçe is the team of rich people. But that is history now!

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
kubi said:
You should really check before writing, because I have been writing in the Fenerbahçe forum even before you were here on Xtratime.
Then about the "complex" thing, you really don't have anything else to say, what can I say? Just stop looking at Fenerbahçe and yourself as unique in the world. It's your only answer when I wrote something against Fenerbahçe (by the way I didn't say anything against Fenerbahçe in this thread, so stop being paranoiac).
And your other arguments doesn't stand, so I don't have anything to say. Just re-read the "En Büyük Kim" thread and you will see what I think and the Galatasaray's fans think!
Your last argument is really bad, sorry! And Besiktas is the team of the less fortunate people. Fenerbahçe is the team of rich people. But that is history now!
So how comes Fener had nothing compared to Gala Bjk till BUYUK AZIZ baskan came...

Gala have their own island.. Bjk had a stadium in the best part of Istanbul.. whilst Fener had the least tesis... but AZIZ Baskan turned things round...

I hate when people try to say things are history now when they don't know the history themselves... :rollani:

Fener use to keep their trophies in a shed made out of wood, which was burnt down...

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
kubi said:
I did an eye twinkle ( ;) ) to CSKA in a post and you made a big issue out of it which means you have complex. Until your response i hadnt said anything about how great Fener is (just an eye twinkle) but it was when you funnily said that Besiktas was the people's team...and i really wonder how you came up with that.

You say you were in Fener forum before i came....maybe so.....but ever since i joined XT you didnt write a single post there....should i take it personal...:D......but nevertheless someone so persistent to not write in there despite the good atmosphere we have in the Turkish forum (Lak Lak Bar) is a mystery to me.

Just because we have had rich presidents doesnt mean we are the team of rich people.....just read the newspapers when Fener lose or win....or just check the ratings on Lig TV and you will get the answer who is the people's team.

Btw, did you know that 75 % of LiGTV subscribers are Fener fans?;) :howler:

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
One more thing that makes this derby so massive, is the amount of supporters of each club..

Two seasons ago, when I was watching ITV1's CL program, (Des Lynam, English presenter), said Fener had the second most fans in the world... ;) :) This came from an Englishman, not a Fener or Gala supporter... ;) :proud:

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
BAFLI said:
So how comes Fener had nothing compared to Gala Bjk till BUYUK AZIZ baskan came...

Gala have their own island.. Bjk had a stadium in the best part of Istanbul.. whilst Fener had the least tesis... but AZIZ Baskan turned things round...

I hate when people try to say things are history now when they don't know the history themselves... :rollani:

Fener use to keep their trophies in a shed made out of wood, which was burnt down...
It's you who should check your facts.
And also check what we are talking about. This kind of thing aren't totally true anymore. We might still see it in the board members of the different clubs, but things have changed.
And here again, your facts don't stand. Do you know a little bit about Galatasaray? Galatasaray is more than a football club.
As for Besiktas stadium, I think it is quite normal if they have a stadium in the Besiktas district.
And don't say you had anything before Aziz Yildirim. It's true that he brought a lot to the club, and is making some good investments, but you existed before him too, and you had many things.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts