Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Galatasaray are reportedly going to trial 10 Brazilians in their camp after the World Cup. These unnamed Brazilans were watched and liked by Terim's scouts sent to Brazilian in the past few months. We are very close to signing Brazilian U-21 captain right-back Gabriel(his team is Sao Poalo) who is compared to Roberto Carlos in style we have agreed all terms but our board is taking it slow we might not sign him if Terim does not like him or finds a better player in his position. We already have Brazilian Defensive Midfielder Joao Batista who is a remarkable player he is excellent fast dribbler, runs all the time never walks, great technic, and passing skills I can't beleiave he is not in the Brazilian NT. Batista is just one of a kind I am 100% sure he will make a huge impact in next season's Champions league and it will be very though for us to keep him. We probably won't be keeping Brazilian defender Capone if Terim finds a better player than him as Turkish clubs are not allowed to have more than 8 foreigners(5 can play at a a time the other 3 have to stay on the bench) so he might make way for a better Brazilian. We are also interested in Argentinian playmaker Gallordo, Costa Rican striker Gomez, German striker Jancker, and Argentinian defender Pochettino.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Didn't Capone applied for Turkish citizenship?

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Gabriel is brilliant. He is the son of Corinthians legend Wladimir!;)

BUt he plays as right back, unlike his dad that was a left back!;) :cool:

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Yes, Gabriel is an extremely talented young wingback. If he's indeed signed up he'll be a definite plus to your team. Good luck on that one. :)

·
Registered
719 Posts
I heard Felipe (ex-Vasco) is signing with a Turkish team, maybe Galatasaray, this club is a secret.

This one is a fantastic player to any team in the world.:eek:

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
I don't think that Capone has been in Turkey long enough to become a citizen...i think he needs one more year before being eligible to apply.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Felipe is out of this world.

The best "short" dribller of the world...his presence on the pitch is a show apart..... and his rebelious style also!;)

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
About Felipe

Felipe is a first-team player. Gabriel is a very talented youngster, but Felipe is a proven winner, with experience both as leftback, defensive midfielder and as playmaker. A very good signing. Excellent at long passes, crosses and short dribbles.

·
Registered
407 Posts
According to some reports Ânderson Polga has reached an agreement with Galatasaray as well...

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brazilian duo close to Galatasaray switch

Friday 28th June 2002

Galatasaray coach Fatih Terim is close to finalising deals to bring Brazilian midfielders Fabio Pinto and Felipe to the club.

Fabio Pinto, who plays for Internacional, and Vasco da Gama's Felipe will arrive in Istanbul on Saturday to start negotiations with Terim and are both expected to sign contracts early next week.

"We had a very positive conversation and we have invited them over to finalise their transfers," explained Terim. "They will come to Istanbul this weekend.

"They are both quality players and have a lot of talent. I tried to sign Felipe when I was at Fiorentina but he was too expensive.

"Fabio Pinto is younger but also very talented. He is quick and very capable."

www.onefootball

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanx for your useful info guys and what do you guys think about Fabio Pinto.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Terim announced that we will sign 2 Brazilians Felipe(25 years-old) from Vasco Da Gama and Fabio Pinto(21 years-old) from Internacional they will sign saturday. Terim said he tried to sign Felipe when he was at Fiorentina but at the time he was too expensive and that we grabbed him right underneath the noses of AS Roma, also Terim praised young winger Fabio Pinto as a huge star for the future and that he is very quick. Felipe will wear the #10 jersey.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Felipe and Fabio Pinto

Well, as I've said Felipe should walk right into your first team - I'm not dismissing the quality of the players who are already there, but Felipe is extremely talented. He wasn't considered for this year's WC squad because he decided to change his position last year. He was professionalized at Vasco as a leftback, but his offensive skills motivated the managers to use him in midfield more and more frequently - until it became obvious that the mid was the place for him, where his dribbling and passing skills would be most valuable. :) So he decided to change for good.

But Vasco had problems this past year - the corrupt officials brought the club to the brink of bankrupcy, and they're losing players like a punctured water-balloon loses water. So Felipe's adaptation to the mid couldn't be properly analyzed, as Vasco was a sinking ship. But he has very good chances of returning to the NT now. Felipe's trophys include two Brazilian championships and one Libertadores Cup.

Fabio Pinto is a younger player, and I don't know if he'll slide into the team as easily as Felipe, as he lacks the experience. But he's rated as a good playmaker too. Will he and Felipe compete for the same position in midfield, or does the coach plan on using them together? Beats me. But he's a promising kid. ;)

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Terim said he plans on using Felipe as a playmaker and he will give Felipe the #10 jersey also worn by Galatasaray legend Metin Oktay and Romanian legend Gheorge Hagi as for Fabio Pinto he plans on using him on the wing rather then in the center but we have so many good wingers on the right we have Umit Davala, Muslim Can, and Mohhamd Sarr and on the left we have Balijc, Murat Erdogan, and Ergun Penbe I did not list Hasan Sas as it is very obvious he will be leaving because we need the money so it will be tough for him at the beginning I guess but Terim said Felipe will be a starter.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It seems we might sign another Brazilian in the Turkish Media it is reported that we have agreed all terms to sign Real Madrid's unwanted Brazilian star winger Savio a target of another Turkish club Besiktas.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Sorry guys I just saw this, thats why i made the other thread.

Anyways, am sure he will walk into the line up as we are desperately looking for a central midfield.

We have been looking for players to replace Hagi, Deportivo's Djalminha seemed to be a close choice but apparently he was too expensive.

Terimk said he will wear # 10 so I expect him to play along Hasan Sas if he does not leave. We also bought another left winger former Ream Madrid balic.

Hasan Sas plays offensive left wing at Galatasaray also so I am sure he will be plpaying central midfield.

If he is as good as you guys say, he can make a huge impact in the Champions League next season and make a name for himself in europe.

A lot of out players have left to the best teams in the world llike Inter, Valencia, Milan, Parma ..after they have shown his talents to europe becuz we have been very succesful in the last couple years and I expect the same to continue this yar since our coach Terim is back from ac milan.

Felipe is probably hoping to use this as a step towards one of the biggest. Hopefully he will impact and we both benefit.;)
Though, I can assure you that if he is that talented, Fatih Terim can make a huge star out of him.

Terim is the one that created Hasan Sas, Emre and Okan. He is like a father to them and will guide such players very well.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Isn't it exciting to sign Brazilian players? They are filled with talent and you never know when will they become the next Ronaldos or Peles. Brazil seem like they never lack of talented youngster.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
carlito,
Felipe is already a star. He has not had a proper chance for Brazil because of his rebelion, but now it seems the guys is becoming more mature.

Him becmoing even more mature in Turkey with the move away from his home, will do his head good, and he will get easy in the brazilian squad and then be massive aronud the globe aswell!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts