Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the world cup in full flow, it seems all our fans are concentrating on it. The forum looks soooo quite that it is eerie:eek: .
I thought this new thread might bring in the fans and we can get to know about their views from the perspective of Milan.:cool: I am talking about players who play for Milan or will be playing, irrespective of their NT.:) Plz share ur opinion about our players who have been having a good/excellent/outstanding in the WC for their teams.

My list as of 3/06/02:

JDT - Undoubtly till today he is the best gain to Milan for the upcoming season. Whoever had seen the game with Uruguay shall have little trouble agreeing with me. The guy was forever a threat in the Urugyan penalty area. To top that he scored 2 vital and immpressive goals for Denmark to clinch their opener. To give the subject a spicey feeling, the Uruguyan team has players from our rivals Juve & Inter.;) We have got this guy on a free transfer. Thats kind of an icing on the cake. Its the question of eating it now. Hope the guy delivers the expected goods for us in the next season.

Martin Laursen - This guy was the center of defence in the same match. According to me, played an outstanding game. was authoritive in tackels and headers, and missed a header which just went above the cross bar of Uruguay. Actually, he has been quite incosistent for Milan. But his temperament is right. Will improve from experience and trust of Ancellotti, if given the oppurtunity.:hopefull:

Thomas Helveg :undecide: - actually I couldn't decide to put him in this category as he is an Inter player on loan. Nevertheless an impressive performance from him. kept Recoba quite mostly. Quite a reliable player in my view. Hope he contributes for us as he has been doing for his NT.

Paolo Maldini - Can't comment anything new on our respected captain. he is a living legend. Proved in today's match........Period.

:cool: :proud:

Plz add ur list of players as the WC continues

Ciao

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
I agree totally about Laursen and Tomasson. However, for Tomasson, playing in Milan and playing with Denmark are two totally different things. In Denmark, he is a starter, with the coach's full confidence while at Milan, he will have everything to prove and i'm sure he was given a contract with the status of "squad rotation system" (for those familiar with the great and legendary CM games :tongue::D ). So, he will start mainly as a back up for Sheva and Pippo. It will be crucial to see how he adapts to the italian style and how he reacts to being in the bench, maybe for a long time and that's a very difficult thing to do when coming form teams where you're a star starter.

My personal view on him and his game against Uruguay is that he impressed me. He may not be one of the fastest players ala Henry or Ronaldo, but he is nonetheless quite dangerous in the box. He seems to be more of a static player in the box, like a Trezeguet who waits for the ball, but when he gets it, it's bang in the back of the net most of the time. I'm all delighted to see Milan get a player of this calibre and for such a bargain.

As to Laursen, he is a true class in the centre of the defence. Let us hope that Carletto or whomever will be our coach next year, will trust him more as he is solid, reliable and unbeatable in the air. He is our future, or rather should be.

P.S. Watch the Azzuri's defence and this should give us all a hint of things to come for next season...:happy:;) :cool:

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Yeps JDT is definitely the best acquisition so far. Real predator in the box and quite creative and intelligent. Just a born scorer! In Feyenord he played as a second line forward for the most of the season, and still did great for some of his goals he scored from long distance and since Marco Simone ('s best days) we haven't had many forwards going on as successful as him with long shots.
And San Siro put it right he is not the fastest forward nor he is the most gifted technically, but he uses every chance he could have just knowing when to start a run and where to hunt the ball.

Though I don't really agree that he would stay for too long in the "squad rotation system" for if he is confident enough he could earn a place in the first 11.

As about the other players.
Roque Junior made a decent match vs Turkey... not really getting the attention besdides for holding Sukur for the shirt. And he had some responsibility for the goal of Sas.

Umit (whom I think we sold back to Galata) came as a reserve. Did one really impressive move taking the ball above robbie carlos, but couldn't change more Turkey seemed a bit tired, and the ref played a joke with them with that pathetic penalty.

Rino I don't think there is much to comment besides that he entered the field when Italy has drawn back to save powers.

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
San_Siro_1 said:
P.S. Watch the Azzuri's defence and this should give us all a hint of things to come for next season...:happy:;) :cool:
Common paymay stop dreaming ... :mad:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was really looking forward to continuing this thread today. It was becoz Portugal was playing and so was Rui Costa. What a match it was.:) I never expected this result, or for that matter such a spirited performance by the USA:cool:

Wanted to add Rui to the initial list, but unfortunately we can't say that we have re-found the real Rui. He was sleeping the whole match.:rolleyes: . what more can be said about him. I am starting to loose confidence with this guy. Anyway I shall give him till the end of first round to gain my confidence back.:hopefull:

Thats it for today.

Which of the Milan players is playing next? I suppose its JDT.
Hope he continues his great form.

Ciao

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 2nd round match between Denmark and Senagal finished yesterday with the score saying 1-1.

Did u ppl watch the performance of Helveg, man he was fabulous yesterday. Why can't he play for Milan like that.:confused: Hope he would come good this season.:hopefull:

Worth mentioning was JDT's performance. Very good, though not outstanding as in the first match.:) I am more & more getting to like this guy.

Ciao

1 - 6 of 6 Posts