1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
162 Posts
Drop another 20+ million euros on a good player but no game-changer. If we're going to dig deep into our pockets, there is no reason not to get Diego from Werder Brehmen. We wasted too much on the Sneijders and Baptistas. Too much crap cluttering our midfield.

Veloso is a nice CM, but I'd only approve if we generate cash from the sale of some players in return. (Diarra, Sneijder, Cannavaro, Baptista) quickly come to mind.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Drop another 20+ million euros on a good player but no game-changer. If we're going to dig deep into our pockets, there is no reason not to get Diego from Werder Brehmen. We wasted too much on the Sneijders and Baptistas. Too much crap cluttering our midfield.

Veloso is a nice CM, but I'd only approve if we generate cash from the sale of some players in return. (Diarra, Sneijder, Cannavaro, Baptista) quickly come to mind.
Miguel Veloso is not a Diego, nor is he even a CM. He's strictly a DM who stays in the deep half of midfield. Operates well, sprays passes around the field, and is built like a truck.

Benfica actually turned him down because they thought he was "fat", now the guy's a model(seriously, he is, it's so dumb). That's besides the point of course.

He's an excellent footballer who can add alot to us, and would no doubt be the PERFECT partner to Gago in midfield. They'll be our long haired, midfield beauties. :pp

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Anyways, I like both of Diarra and Gago. If push comes to shove and one of them wants to start at all times, then yeah, I'll take Gago. The people voting on AS, those being people living in Madrid, want football. They don't want Diarras and Baptistas.

·
Go for 400, Raúl!
2,008 Posts
10 matches ago, I would have said that it was the moment to test one of our Castilla youngs, but it is too late now. It would be unfair to put them under fire now.
Gago or Diarra? Put any of them and let's pray

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
why does everyone rate gago that high.
Noone is saying that he is the second coming of Redondo. The kid has been here for what? 1 year and 2 months? He's 21 for crying out loud, even Cambiasso was 23 when he left for Inter Milan and look where he is now. Gago has more potential and we should have more patience with him.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Gago. I love the guy. Not only because we look alot more fluent and attack better with him; but because the guy is smooth.. I love the way he plays.

That being said, what would be even more ideal is to have Diarra-Gago together at their best. Diarra doing the dirty work, and Gago playing a little higher, feeding balls in to Robben and Robinho.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Noone is saying that he is the second coming of Redondo. The kid has been here for what? 1 year and 2 months? He's 21 for crying out loud, even Cambiasso was 23 when he left for Inter Milan and look where he is now. Gago has more potential and we should have more patience with him.

good point

·
Registered
162 Posts
Miguel Veloso is not a Diego, nor is he even a CM. He's strictly a DM who stays in the deep half of midfield. Operates well, sprays passes around the field, and is built like a truck.

Benfica actually turned him down because they thought he was "fat", now the guy's a model(seriously, he is, it's so dumb). That's besides the point of course.

He's an excellent footballer who can add alot to us, and would no doubt be the PERFECT partner to Gago in midfield. They'll be our long haired, midfield beauties. :pp
Yes, I know that he is a deep midfield which is exactly what I meant when I said Diego should be the only type of midfielder we splash 20+ mil euros for.

Meaning, a DM or a CM (whatever you wanna call it these days) is out of the question (Veloso's price range is 20 mil, easily). Unless, like I mentioned, we get that sum of money in return by selling some dead weight.

Misunderstood.

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
Diarra!
Simply because as a DM, you're not supposed to create plays, but rather destroy the oppositions midfield, receive the ball from the defense and give it to another midfielder to create the play.
I really do think they can work together, but for some shit reason Diarra always ends up playing a more offensive role which is just stupid. If we could see one game where the roles are switched up I think we would be satisfied.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.