Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Clichy will be great for the City.

Awesome signing and a bargain for 7 mils.

Huge increase over Kolarov - in this I am sure.

He is quicker, more active on the left and will immediately be a starter.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Clichy will be great for the City.

Awesome signing and a bargain for 7 mils.

Huge increase over Kolarov - in this I am sure.

He is quicker, more active on the left and will immediately be a starter.
That's what I thought. A cheap upgrade over Kolorav :D.

·
Registered
10,563 Posts
he could be good under a coaching staff that stresses that defense is part of the game, and not a made up word......

still dont know why City went cheap here, it was prolly one of if not the weakest point in the team last season, and they turned to Clichy.....

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Gael Clichy is a very good signing and at only 7 million is a bargain. Athletically awesome, so much speed and energy, while he can also win a tackle, beat a player one on one and his movement and timing of runs is very underrated.

He is a liability in set piece situations despite being 6 foot, but still a very good signing imo/

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
The Memory of Ash

The thing with Clichy is that most just focus on his defensive lapses but his contribution offensively is not anything either. He will make the offensive runs all day long down the flank but his distribution, end product and composure when he gets into dangerous offensive positions has been weak.
You sound like Cheryl, a girl describing aloud (with perfect hindsight) how dull that dancer-guy was.

A guy who - despite all efforts - couldn't ease-out of her pretty little mind the dirty memory of Ash Cole.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
:howler:

Thanks for that Tone. Always love your unique insights ;)

Clichy was a con at Arsenal tbh.

That's not to say that his new surroundings can't improve things for him.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
A Step Father's Love

Clichy was a con at Arsenal tbh.
Hough's Stepdad said:
Derek knew what he was doing when he got into a career in dancing... He is a good man he is kind and considerate, very intelligent and philosophical.
That's not to say that his new surroundings can't improve things for him.
Hough's Stepdad said:
He's a caring, sensitive guy with a very bright future ahead of him.
:howler:

Thanks for that Tone. Always love your unique insights ;)
Are you sure you 'always love'?

It is one of the toughest things in the world to do - to always love - despite all the odds.

Why should I doubt you? If arsene and 'cesc; me and reo-coker; cheryl and ash can do it (always love), why can't you do it with my insights?

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
The Pride of impotence

Take it as given.
William M. Thackeray's 'Vanity Fair' said:
Some cynical Frenchman has said that there are two parties to a love-transaction: the one who loves and the other who condescends to be so treated.
Arsene tells press conference Friday 5th August 2011 said:
I love Fabregas and I want him to stay, that is basically it. Everybody is free to think what they want. We cannot stop people raising questions.
Don't doubt Tone.
I will doubt if I can't smell your love's sweet surrender...

He will cheat on you they told Cheryl
He will disappoint you they warned washingtone17
He will leave you for someone else they screamed at Wenger

Did they listen?

Cheryl tells Piers Morgan 15th October 2010 said:
A part of me will always love Ashley.
Did they doubt?

washingtone17 tells Maturin Monday 8th August 2011 said:
Is there anything you would like to do to break the very virtual bond that exists between me and this-guy?
Put simply, we who always love will - against our better judgment - always allow our capacity to love to overwhelm all doubts concerning love.

William M. Thackeray's 'Pendennis' said:
It is best to love wisely, no doubt; but to love foolishly is better than not to be able to love at all. Some of us can't: and are proud of our impotence, too.
The question is, is your love ready to join our club?:hopeful:

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Thackery :proud:

Rendition of Dido's Lament in Vanity Fair top class Tone.

Take on Bill's first utterance Tone. Love wisely. The rest is just dressing and is at opposite extremes.

Moderation is so utterly under rated.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts