Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
Really good signing for City. Signing one of your main rivals first team players sends out a huge message. Worrying times for Arsenal.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Still not sure what to make of this.

If we want a defender who can't defend, we have Kolarov, who makes less howlers than Clichy does.

That said, he'll be playing in a decent defencive unit, which means he will be granted some cover.

I still am not impressed with it, although £7m isn't much at least.

Need to sell Bridge now.

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
I think City needs a great RB more than anything, some world-class CM and a reasonable partner for Tevez...

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
So you do know a certian individual named Micah Richards :righton:

·
Registered
12,160 Posts
Am I correct in saying Zabaleta remains your best LB? Even if you sell Bridge, I don't get the point in having 3 LBs in the squad...unless Kolarov is leaving too.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
That's the thing.

Zabaleta is the more solid fullback out of the three of them.

The thing with Clichy is that most just focus on his defensive lapses but his contribution offensively is not anything either. He will make the offensive runs all day long down the flank but his distribution, end product and composure when he gets into dangerous offensive positions has been weak.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Zabaleta is a better full back than Clichy, but he is not a left-back, Clichy is. He can play at left back, but he is certainly not a left-back, nor should he be first choice there.

And WTF Salt and Fries? Yaya Toure not a World Class CM?

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
As far as RB is concerned, you've bought Boateng, wasted him and you're planning to let him go, so you need another one. In regards to Yaya, he is a world-class, but his partners are not. That's what I specifically meant. Especially Gareth Barry could've been replaced with someone classier.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Boateng was signed to play anywhere across the back, got injured, and now wants to leave. We haven't wasted him, he quite simply hasn't been available enough to be an important part of the side. We have Richards and Zabaleta for right back. Now we've signed Savic to cover CB and RB.

And De Jong isn't world class?

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
He's great, but I had more creative (it isn't his forte) players in mind...Not typical #10 like Silva, but someone like Lucho Gonzalez for a CM (not saying that you need him, but this is the type of a player I have in mind).

1 - 20 of 58 Posts